• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Aug15| You know, Luffy, we really are One Piece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude is a goddamn pedophile and yet still finds away to be likeable as hell.
87c399dd4d793eb517bc841c5f00b9af.gif

Mikisugi wished he had glowing genitals like Hisoka.

BBboy20

Anyone want to join me for Rock Lee Saturdays?
Sure!

"Those things are extremely hard to get a hold of"

Pans to boobs. Subtle, Akame ga Kill.
So thinking the same thing.

The Boss is just female Big Boss which is essentially the Boss if she had one eye and a robo arm
she even has her troupe of freakazoids
That firearm looked like the Bullseye from the Resistance games.

It's a metaphor for how only Kirito's dixk can keep hwr warm.
LOLOLOL......oh....fuck...

I feel like the general conflict between what a parent wants and what their child wants is a fair one to explore, although it's played up quite a bit here which makes it less believable than it could be. However, this feels like a weird sudden drama to bring up at this point though in SAO. Also is Kirito going to be the one to save Asuna from her family issues?
If this Zekken character what gets Asuna to say no to the mother, I'll force Guy to flip all the tables. Surviving a mass murder should be fucking enough for that kind of strength.

Why is he patting her head like a little kid?
So thought the same thing. o_O

Yeah I just looked up her voice.
It's Ryuko.
WHAAAA!?

Dude is everywhere. He's the official voice of Hulk in most animated stuff and the games.
Fred Tatasciore is the name and you should...uuuhhh...try to remember spelling his last name (correctly)?

Welp I turn 30 today

hemqPuF.gif

Haha now you can't do it because I beat you to it :p

Going to go to the local fair and eat some street food that only comes around once a year <3
I told some kids I was old...eventually had to say 27.

Funny thing is I didn't feel the feels as much as I expected with tonight's One Piece. Probably doesn't help I never watched it until it came to Toonami so I didn't feel much when it came to the flashbacks. Still, this whole goodbye story of the Merry is some of the most beautifully structured fiction I've ever seen.

One Piece is also probably the first time in my 24ish years of watching anime where I half-seriously wondered why this wasn't nominated for an Emmy(s).

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 132:

Wow, I mean just wow, been a long time since I have seen this big of a turdburger of an episode, like this was a bad episode right out of the R season. FIrst off they decided to play up the bratty relationship between Usagi and Chibiusa, which will never fail to annoy me within milliseconds. For a bonus they threw in the return of the most illogical and downright fucked up love triangle I have ever seen and the episode even points out one of the biggest logical problems with the whole idea. Also the framework of the episode is about as generic as it gets, Mamoru is entertaining some college friends and all of a sudden Chibiusa asks the girl about her relationship to Mamoru and then hijinks ensure. One episode crushes are a hard enough sell but apparently they didn't learn that it is even worse when you are dealing with literal destiny here. Really, you are not missing anything by skipping this one as all of the beat have been played in other episodes, strong recommendation to avoid.

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Super S: Episode 133:

Right, so on the surface this is an episode that I would frame as rather pointless and the kind of episode they would drag-out right before we get to an episode where the plot moves forward if they are dragging the likes of Artemis into the focus. However, this time around basically the entire imputes of the episode was to finally introduce Diana into the 1990s anime. As Sailor Moon Crystal watchers will know she was introduced in the Black Moon Arc and was pretty much the only friend Chibiusa had from that time period and had been up to now MIA because if I recall correctly she does head back to the past in that arc. That being said, this was just such a random an nutty way to introduce her by having her just show up so we could have a plotline right out of a sit-com. Not going to lie, this episode wasn't very good since it basically had to adhere to formula but on the upside Sailor Venus actually got to transform this episode. Recommendation to avoid.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I actually had a Meijer open up near me recently. It's not bad. They keep it clean and I don't feel like taking a shower after going in.
I heard someone describe Meijer as "Walmart but without all the weirdos", to which they were....half correct.

It's my main grocery store because they're only about 5 minutes away compared to everyone else being 10 minutes. I applied for 3rd shift stocking, but I'll probably get hired for the 3rd shift cleaning at my movie theater assuming the interview tomorrow morning goes well.

I'm still debating if I should aim for a 2nd part-time job for during the day so I can earn even more money that I can put towards getting my own apartment.

"This video contains content from Nerdist, who has blocked it on copyright grounds."

*sigh*

I actually had a Meijer open up near me recently. It's not bad. They keep it clean and I don't feel like taking a shower after going in.

Maybe my store is just bad, or maybe being there for 6-8 hours every day skews my perceptions a bit.

I heard someone describe Meijer as "Walmart but without all the weirdos", to which they were....half correct.

It's my main grocery store because they're only about 5 minutes away compared to everyone else being 10 minutes. I applied for 3rd shift stocking, but I'll probably get hired for the 3rd shift cleaning at my movie theater assuming the interview tomorrow morning goes well.

I'm still debating if I should aim for a 2nd part-time job for during the day so I can earn even more money that I can put towards getting my own apartment.

Eh. I still deal with plenty of weirdos. Maybe less than the average Wal-Mart employee, I guess, but in terms of being a Meijer employee vs. a Wal-Mart shopper, I think it's in Wal-Mart's favor (which is a totally unfair comparison, I realize).

I do get plenty of angry, racist old people, though.

Holy shit the movie theater after 9 days found my iphone :O ! Quick run to att and everything is back to normal. I even was lazy luckt enough to keep the all the boxes from the replacement phone so I can send it back and get refunded the $100 deposit.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Are you referring to this track? Not exactly what I would consider chip tunes but I think this is the one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmHWz80-UYE
YES, this is the one. It was also played when Mako was swimming in that galaxy sea created by Satsuki & nightmare-fuel version Ryuko. 1:14 is the part that is stuck in my head. I found it on Soundcloud, but then couldn't find it on YouTube. Guess I needed to search for the romanji version instead of English or Japanese.

Edit: Actually, everything up to 1:42, I dig because of how fast it feels & gets you pumped up.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Watching Ikki Tousen right now and the dub is hilariously bad
Pretty sure Funimation figured most people wouldn't be paying attention to the dub. & even know I know WHY it's lasted as long as it have, I still can't believe it's gotten so many damn spin-offs, sequels, OVAs, and all that.

Edit: oh hey I got the 3rd shift cleaning job at my movie theater & start tonight at 2 a.m. Still gotta figure out my set schedule, but at least this week I won't miss Toonami. Also manager said during breaks, they all watch Adult Swim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom