• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Feb15| Giraffes are awesome, I love giraffes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

do you guys keep the brightness on your monitors cranked to max or what

edit: oh hey we are on page 3

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nah, I have brightness close to the lowest setting. Like, 2nd to lowest on battery, 3rd to lowest when plugged in/charging.

Mik317

With KLK people are going to have to turn their brains off a bit and not take it super seriously. You take it super serious or expect it to be Anime's Savior then it's flaws will stand out even harder

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
With KLK people are going to have to turn their brains off a bit and not take it super seriously. You take it super serious or expect it to be Anime's Savior then it's flaws will stand out even harder
90% of the time, I already turn my brain off when watching anime unless it's something like Ghost in the Shell.....or SAO where you just keep asking "whhhyyyyy"

ckohler

It does enough overtly silly things that I would think viewers should realize that it doesn't take itself that seriously and neither should they. I would hope, at least.

This is why I've long thought KLK (and Gurren Lagann before that) would be great for ToonamiGAF. Their ridiculous and over-the-top moments make for entertaining group reactions.

daveo42

Banned
Put GAF on black theme for a week. Once the week is up take it off and see how your eyes like it.

Pretty much this.

Odd thing is that GAF feels even brighter than the spreadsheets I look at all day, though I don't change the brightness and I think Excel and GAF white are pretty close to the same.

Raxus

100 ppp, only way to go especially when threads go crazy fast like at E3.

White theme because I couldn't get into the black theme.

Monty Oum, creator of RWBY, passed away today. This is such a major blow to me. :(

Yeah, he was an inspiration of mine as well, and I was so happy to see a creator driven US action focused serial storytelling animated series free from networks and executives being successful. A great loss for action animation fans.

Raxus

Aldnoah Zero and Parasyte would make great Toonami shows.

No.

Just...no.

Out of the shows over the past year and the limited run time on Toonami I think I would push for would be JoJo (seriously built for Toonami) and Hunter x Hunter. Both have edgier tones and great action. If I wanted a mech series I would push for Gundam Build Fighters but the setting would turn off a lot of viewers which is sad since it is one of the best Gundam shows in years.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
If we're going to have any Urobutcher on Toonami, it's likely going to be Madoka Magica.

... Though Gaim would be nice... it's not going to happen but it would be nice.

Raxus

Both Madoka and Fate/Zero, while great, face the same problem. How many people will stick past episode 2.

Seda

Gurren Lagann: March 21st, 2015
Deadman Wonderland: March 21st, 2015
Inuyasha: The Final Act: June 6th, 2015
Kill La Kill: July 25th, 2015
Dragon Ball Z Kai: ~2018
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I know posted this recently but I like to have it within a quick search of the current thread.

daveo42

Banned
I want Yatterman Night for the block. It's at least closer to what would probably work on the block. I'll pass on Tokyo Ghoul, even if it would fit well in the block.

Parasyte would probably work out well too.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I know posted this recently but I like to have it within a quick search of the current thread.
Perhaps post them in the OP or something? Or maybe on the first page? I'm still interested on what'll happen when GL & DMWL end. One new show & another repeat? Two new shows? Two repeats?

I want Yatterman Night for the block. It's at least closer to what would probably work on the block. I'll pass on Tokyo Ghoul, even if it would fit well in the block.

Parasyte would probably work out well too.
I'm kind of amazed at how much I'm liking Yatterman Nights, probably because I watched a decent amount of episodes of the old & newer Yatterman series on Anime Sols (sadly, neither series got funded for a DVD release & they stopped translating episodes). It's neat to catch all the little nods to the original series, like the songs they hum are either the OP or theme songs or the fact they got most of the VAs from the 2008 Yatterman series to come back.

Also yeah Parasyte would probably fit.

Raxus

DMWL is certainly going to be replaced by reruns/HD Bebop. If they replace TTGL with reruns then that leaves One Piece premieres in the nether sandwiched between reruns which is really shitty.

Sounds like it'd be popular with the Toonami crowd then.

Things like SAO are stupid because they are the lowest form of pandering, AZ is stupid because everyone minus one of the male leads is completely brain dead and will frequently make baffling decisions where it feels like every scene was written by someone else with no context of what happened in the previous scene/episode.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Things like SAO are stupid because they are the lowest form of pandering, AZ is stupid because everyone minus one of the male leads is completely brain dead and will frequently make baffling decisions where it feels like every scene was written by someone else with no context of what happened in the previous scene/episode.

Again, sounds like it'd be popular with the SAO crowd.

Soulflarz

Banned

Id watch it!
sounds funny

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I find it funny that in my Survey of Mass Media book, it flat-out states that it's "much more profitable to reach the much larger numbers of intellectually undemanding receivers whose aggregate purchasing power is immense" & that "today's media companies are not worried that cultivated citizens are in short supply, because these highbrow folks constitute only a very small segment of purchasing consumers."

In other words, stupid sells because most people are stupid. WELL NOW I KNOW WHY
*insert franchise of movies/tv show/games/etc here*
IS SO POPULAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom