• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was excited for Samurai Jack since the announcement of a continuation.

Now, seeing that trailer, I'm even more excited. I can't wait for March 11th now!

TheFlow

Banned
sorry yah but Samurai Jack deserves an OT when the time comes.

edit: sorry I offend anyone. just super excited. This show deserves all the stops

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Rau is one of my favorite Char clones by not being interested in anything else besides the total destruction of humanity.

Most Char clones try to punish some idealistic vision of the future only obtained by mass suffering, this fucker just wants to see both sides burn and acts as a triple agent to do so. Cliche in its own right but it is something different for Gundam.

Rau is one of my favorite Char clones by not being interested in anything else besides the total destruction of humanity.

Most Char clones try to punish some idealistic vision of the future only obtained by mass suffering, this fucker just wants to see both sides burn and acts as a triple agent to do so. Cliche in its own right but it is something different for Gundam.
For some very odd reason my favorite Char clone is Zechs, AKA "Cliff Notes Char."

Jack is at 11 huh?

Guess that means I have to turn the TV on even earlier.

You'd be surprised by how often I have trouble doing that.

I have to find the remote. Pick it up.

Press the button.

It's a whole process.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jack at 11 is going to ruin my Saturday social life as it's already a half hour drive from my usual hang, which means calling it quits at 10:20 to be safe.

Just found out Grey Delisle in is the new Jack...not even surprised since one of the characters reminded me of Azula. I wonder if she gets her own Ty Lee.

Line_HTX

I remember ASA starting at 11 ET. But that was back in middle school.

Now 11 ET is like damn, that's kind of early when I'm not home...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
VyczdVH.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Space Dandy got an OT so people could spend 20 pages questioning the first 10 minutes of the show & how come it's not this generation's Cowboy Bebop.

Also, I see nothing wrong with SJ getting its own thread since there might be some people who just want to watch Jack & that's it. It's a world premiere being shown for the first time, so it's fine. It's not like DB Super where there already is a thread for the subbed version.

Plus maybe they don't know this thread exists &/or just want to talk Jack instead of the entire block.

Grexeno

The final season of Samurai Jack is a bigger deal than Toonami despite being on Toonami. Of course it should get it's own thread.

cntr

Banned
Yeah, of course it should get an OT. But the suggestion that the live discussion should be in the OT instead of here is weird. It'd be kind of awkward, you know?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, of course it should get an OT. But the suggestion that the live discussion should be in the OT instead of here is weird. It'd be kind of awkward, you know?
Oh yeah, for us ToonamiGAF members, that makes perfect sense. No point in making another thread to talk about a show airing on Toonami when we have this thread.

Again, I think it's more for those who don't follow/know this thread &/or just want to talk Jack.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How's the schedule suppose to be working by the way? Is everything else getting pushed back a half-hour for SJ?
Everything is staying the same. Jack is actually starting at 11 p.m., meaning nothing will actually get changed. DB Super will still start at 11:30 & so on.

Is Samurai Jack actually on toonami, or is it just part of adult swim and happens to start right before it?
From what people have said, yes, it's considered part of the Toonami block, despite the fact Adult Swim announced the date/time.

cntr

Banned
Is Samurai Jack actually on toonami, or is it just part of adult swim and happens to start right before it?
Yeah, it is.

How's the schedule suppose to be working by the way? Is everything else getting pushed back a half-hour for SJ?
Nope, it's at 11:00 and before Super. The 11:30 announcement was a mistake.

I'd bet that the original bump was made before the decision to air Kai and Super together, and they forgot to go back and correct it.

Neoxon

So is Samurai Jack gonna be part of Toona....
It's part of Toonami
Yeah, it is.

Nope, it's at 11:00 and before Super. The 11:30 announcement was a mistake.

I'd bet that the original bump was made before the decision to air Kai and Super together, and they forgot to go back and correct it.
......oh, good. Like Dragon Ball Super, Samurai Jack just belongs on Toonami.

cntr

Banned
From what people have said, yes, it's considered part of the Toonami block, despite the fact Adult Swim announced the date/time.
It makes sense given how big of a deal the final season of Samurai Jack is. And they probably think of Toonami as being part of Adult Swim.

Raxus

FUCK YES!! <3 <3

Big Toonami World premieres typically get OT threads. Space Dandy got one for example.

It shouldn't be a big deal. I am just happy everyone is so excited for Jack. Plus it isn't like we can't shamelessly plug in the OT for live reactions in the thread while simultaneously keeping the OT spoiler free for west coasters. It is a win win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom