• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

That's a trailer that says "Jack is back and he's bloodier then ever youuuuuu fucks!" Get ready for it!

Ow the edge.

Honestly I am good with that trailer until the show airs. It is pretty damn hype as is.

Wonder if we will get daily bumpers for Jack as well as Super.

Moaradin

Samurai Jack is pretty violent in the original show. Hell, it gets disturbing as fuck sometimes too. There's an episode with a family of cannibals that end up eating each other. I just watched that like a week ago and I felt uncomfortable. That shit probably would have fucked me up as a kid.

Of course, the show always makes sure to show you that they're robots, but that's only to get past the age rating restrictions. Those robots are pretty much living beings with their own lives and personalities.

cntr

Banned
Also, Tartakovsky has mentioned that the new season was made to be TV-14 instead of TV-MA so it wouldn't stray too far off from the tone of the original show

And only 3 out of the 9 actually matter.

Fuu didn't even do anything in her own filler arc. She literally just showed up and nothing amounted to it. She was also an obnoxious girl naruto that ruined every scene she was in. This filler arc was wasted too. Uktakata was Sasuke 2.0 and the whole arc dragged.

Moaradin

I think the time has passed for Sailor Moon. I hope we don't get it too. We don't need another show that will air for hundreds of episodes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
people wanted dbz to return & look what happened

i imagine time has not been kind to sailor moon as well

not to mention the fact crystal doesn't seem to have a positive reception with the fans.

Raxus

Out of morbid curiosity I decided to check out Fairy Tail again annnnnnnd yep.... Lucy is topless again.

Last time I checked everyone was orgasming.

Thanks Mangod for putting that evil on me.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Out of morbid curiosity I decided to check out Fairy Tail again annnnnnnd yep.... Lucy is topless again.

Last time I checked everyone was orgasming.

Thanks Mangod for putting that evil on me.
I, uh, don't believe you.

I request evidence to back up your claim to ensure you are telling the truth.

.....*cough*.....

also lol, one chapter is literally called "battle of the naked" & half the chapter is...well, battle between two naked girls.

So is there going to be a Fairy Tail Darkness version just so the mangaka can just give in to this desires to drawin' purdy gurls & not have to be restricted by rules placed by the publishing company? I feel like most of the Fairy Tail updates I hear from you guys are "omg lucy is nude" or "more erotic torture wtf"

Raxus

Which claim?

I just read the most recent chapter and sure enough the author wrote an excuse to make Lucy nude again.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The 2nd one.

I wonder if my younger sister is still into the series. I remember a time she'd watch the dub on her mobile phone, but that was a few years ago, when she was still discovering anime via her friends.

At the moment, I've just been getting her more volumes of Tokyo Ghoul as gifts since she doesn't seem to ask for much....or at least stuff that's in the "affordable" range.

Raxus

The 2nd one.

I wonder if my younger sister is still into the series. I remember a time she'd watch the dub on her mobile phone, but that was a few years ago, when she was still discovering anime via her friends.

At the moment, I've just been getting her more volumes of Tokyo Ghoul as gifts since she doesn't seem to ask for much....or at least stuff that's in the "affordable" range.

Chapter 508.

I feel like it is at a point the series can't go a dozen chapters without making something needlessly lewd.

The 2nd one.

Apparently a recent villain's magic in the manga was indeed making people orgasm....I'm about 100 chapters behind so I'll be catching up soon since dealing with Fairy Tail should only be a once every two year event.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Chapter 508.

I feel like it is at a point the series can't go a dozen chapters without making something needlessly lewd.
"CRAP, WE'RE LOSING READERS AGAIN. QUICK, DRAW MORE LEWD THINGS TO BRING THEM BACK!! It's the closest thing to smut without getting in trouble from both the readers & our publisher!"

Also sheesh, 520 chapters & still going? Damn, for a series that just gets "okay" reactions from people, that's rather surprising.

"CRAP, WE'RE LOSING READERS AGAIN. QUICK, DRAW MORE LEWD THINGS TO BRING THEM BACK!! It's the closest thing to smut without getting in trouble from both the readers & our publisher!"

Also sheesh, 520 chapters & still going? Damn, for a series that just gets "okay" reactions from people, that's rather surprising.

I always assumed Fairy Tail was propped up by a more casual audience aside from the ones who are there for boobs.

Which isn't meant to sound derogatory or anything as far as calling people casual goes; it's just that I seem to see very little positive reaction from the people who go out of their way to post about anime and manga online.

Maybe it's just the places I frequent though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fairy Tail's dub is now completely caught up, I finished watching it a few weeks ago. Funimation did a great job with it. I'll watch the third continuation if it ever happens, I don't bother with the manga on that one.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I always assumed Fairy Tail was propped up by a more casual audience aside from the ones who are there for boobs.

Which isn't meant to sound derogatory or anything as far as calling people casual goes; it's just that I seem to see very little positive reaction from the people who go out of their way to post about anime and manga online.

Maybe it's just the places I frequent though.
In all honesty, if I was younger, I probably would've given in cuz "OH BOY, ACTION AND BOOBIES, JUST WHAT I WANT IN MY MANGA!!" was on my brain as a teen. Probably why I somehow read through Negima for a good amount of time before it went into time travel or whatever.

But yeah, it seems to be one of those "gateway" anime for this generation (see also Attack on Titan), sort of like how Naruto, Inuyasha, etc. was for the mid-2000s kids. It's generic to us who've seen a ton of anime, but it's still "new" & "fresh" to those who are still being introduced to anime in general.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm a little over halfway through DQ VIII.

I noticed they recorded new dialogue just to cockblock you out of having Morrie when a fourth party member would be useful.

Oh Unspeakable Evil.

Watching this marathon makes me remember how fun Samurai Jack is.

Yep
M8VWVfK.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom