• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

The re-imagining of The Flintstones that writer did along similar lines is fucking great, btw. There was a thread about it somewhere.

Every year, around Free Comic Book Day, I get back into physical comics for like 3 months and discover something crazy. Flintstones was that book last year, and it was fucking -wild-

What was this Flinstones re-imagining and what was so awesome about it?

bigkrev

What was this Flinstones re-imagining and what was so awesome about it?

you should really just read an issue of it without having anyone explain to you what the comic is about tbh. Spoilers will sell you instantly on the comic, but will lower your enjoyment.

It's a super dumb cliche, but it's the most #woke book you will ever read

This is a comic I have litterally gasped audibly at

Man, just got turned down on my 5th interview this month. Feels bad because I felt good about this one. Apparently I just didn't meet the requirements of their personality assessment.

Welp, back to the drawing board.

Huh, so I didn't see it at first but I guess Super did go through a bit of an artstyle change for the arc thats airing in japan:
9McEQiM.jpg

Left is episode 1, right is episode 77.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Huh, so I didn't see it at first but I guess Super did go through a bit of an artstyle change for the arc thats airing in japan:

Left is episode 1, right is episode 77.

It's subtle--a nip here, a tuck there, a slight recolor--but it is cleaner now.

Man, just got turned down on my 5th interview this month. Feels bad because I felt good about this one. Apparently I just didn't meet the requirements of their personality assessment.

Welp, back to the drawing board.

Yea, you gotta lie when you take those tests. Only way to get past them. They want a "yes man" who isn't going to be looking to move up anytime soon. Also they want a snitch who won't steal and someone who won't complain when they get fucked. Hit those answers and you'll get past it easy.

Seda

DRAGON BALL SUPER ADULT SWIM 11:30 PM 1,282 0.6
DRAGON BALL Z KAI/FINAL ADULT SWIM 12:00 AM 1,130 0.5
JOJOS BIZARRE ADVENTURE ADULT SWIM 12:30 AM 790 0.4
MOBILE SUIT GUN/UNICORN ADULT SWIM 1:00 AM 775 0.4
HUNTER X HUNTER ADULT SWIM 1:30 AM 733 0.3

Moaradin

It's a bit more noticeable in other scenes

The show has thicker lines in general. They're doing some post processing stuff. Probably the same technique they use for Tiger Mask W, but not as drastic.

Outside of the typical DBZ drop, that's some pretty solid retention.

Crocodile

you should really just read an issue of it without having anyone explain to you what the comic is about tbh. Spoilers will sell you instantly on the comic, but will lower your enjoyment.

It's a super dumb cliche, but it's the most #woke book you will ever read

This is a comic I have litterally gasped audibly at

What is this reboot called? So I can look for it without accidentally spoiling myself.

Regiruler

Who are these people not watching jojo

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Who are these people not watching jojo
based on my co-worker, one who questions how the pillar men were able to survive all those years without eating (because "immoral" & "super humans" doesn't answer that for some damn reason), but then tells me to watch Super Mansion because "it's good", questions why I don't watch all of Adult Swim's animated stuff, & then won't let me finish having an opinion about Robot Chicken because when trying to say how the skits are very hit or miss, replies "Why? It's all hit!" without offering anything to back up said opinions. Hell, I was scared of bringing up Mr. Pickles because I was sure he was going to respond with "why don't you like Mr. Pickles, it's funny!"

I really do appreciate the fact all of us try to offer up detailed reasons why a show is good or not.

daffy

Banned
I apologize guys as I don't normally participate in this thread and am asking questions. But could anyone tell me which episode DBSuper is on currently? The next air

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I apologize guys as I don't normally participate in this thread and am asking questions. But could anyone tell me which episode DBSuper is on currently? The next air
We finished watching episode 5 last weekend, & this week will be Ep. 6.

bigkrev

Heading out in an hour to see Ghost in the Shell in theaters. Anyone else going?

This will be my third anime seen in a theater this year (One Piece Gold and Yugioh).

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Heading out in an hour to see Ghost in the Shell in theaters. Anyone else going?

This will be my third anime seen in a theater this year (One Piece Gold and Yugioh).

Thought you meant a screening of the ScarJo version lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I would, in preparation for the live-action version, but as usual, I would have to travel over an hour just to find a theater actually showing it.

Nothing I want to see in theaters is actually close by. I don't even know why I bother getting my hopes up for future films I actually have care about. Your Name, despite...ya know, breaking box office records, will most likely also require me to travel to a city an hour or more away.

bigkrev

I would, in preparation for the live-action version, but as usual, I would have to travel over an hour just to find a theater actually showing it.

Nothing I want to see in theaters is actually close by. I don't even know why I bother getting my hopes up for future films I actually have care about. Your Name, despite...ya know, breaking box office records, will most likely also require me to travel to a city an hour or more away.

I'm lucky enough that I have both an Arthouse theater and a normal theater within 10 minutes of where I live, and if I want to stretch to 15 minutes, a giant 25 screen theater that gets tons of limited release/foregn stuff

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The answer is obvious.

Americans must have bad taste, or maybe they just can't comprehend the subtleties of Araki's work

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Almost 6 years later, & Nichijou is still making me laugh. I'm so glad Funimation rescued this from licensing limbo after Bandai shut down their anime distribution in the US.

I do kind of wish this had a dub, I would've loved to see Funimation try to tackle some of these jokes. Doesn't help there's almost no extras to speak of, aside from the original "episode 0" & the usual "textless" OP/ED....also "trailers" is listed twice under bonuses on the back of the case. But then again, I guess I don't know what kind of extras you could include for this series.

Still going to be very selective as to which anime I buy, though. I want to buy Jojo so bad, but Viz still hasn't said anything. Maybe once Part 2 finishes on Toonami, they'll finally announce details.

Speaking of, I saw Funimation just released Wolf's Rain on Blu-Ray today and I'm tempted... Might wait because college, Nintendo Switch and other video games I want in the future like Persona 5, Horizon (maybe), etc.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
oh man, guys. discotek media put out school days on blu-ray, now you can watch makoto be the ultimate douchenozzle IN HIGH DEFINITION!!

....meanwhile, when the hell are they going to release Hi☆sCoool! SeHa Girls? They announced it TWO YEARS AGO & their last update was "picking date soon" from Sept....

...though yes, considering the Switch & the games I want to buy, I don't tend to buy dvd/blu-rays since it's rare for me to want to watch something more than once through & I feel like I'll get more "bang for my buck" with games, unless it's for a series I truly enjoy.

BBboy20

La La Land made me feel alive today but the death of Richard Hatch is putting me down now. :(

I shook hands with a cancer patient last year...

Yeah, I buy anime that I know I like and will watch again like Eureka Seven, Black Lagoon, Serial Experiments Lain, Full Metal Alchemist, Panty and Stocking, etc. This is especially true in our day and age with streaming and such through Crunchyroll, Funimation, etc.

Just like how I like buying CDs if I really like the artist and want to support them for more than just YouTube Official Record Label Uploads and Spotify/Pandora Radio.

Far as School Days goes, it reminds me of how my younger brother watched it, talked about it to me and I said "NOPE! Not watching!" He also watched Green Green, which from what I've heard of it... just *pukes*

Oh, just found out it was an adaptation of an H-Game... That explains things...

BBboy20

City of stars,
Are you shining just for me?
City of stars,
There's so much that I can't see.
Who knows?
Is this the start of something wonderful
Or one more dream
That I can not make true?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, I buy anime that I know I like and will watch again like Eureka Seven, Black Lagoon, Serial Experiments Lain, Full Metal Alchemist, Panty and Stocking, etc. This is especially true in our day and age with streaming and such through Crunchyroll, Funimation, etc.

Just like how I like buying CDs if I really like the artist and want to support them for more than just YouTube Official Record Label Uploads and Spotify/Pandora Radio.

Far as School Days goes, it reminds me of how my younger brother watched it, talked about it to me and I said "NOPE! Not watching!" He also watched Green Green, which from what I've heard of it... just *pukes*

Oh god, Green Green. The 13th episode just decided to give up & throw in a sex scene. Such an ugly looking show.

Also, yeah, School Days was based on a H-game as well. Which is why I say if you thought Makoto was awful in the anime, man, in the games, he's somehow even a worse human being.

Even before streaming became more common, I was just never one to buy videos once gaming became more of a hobby. Granted, I remember having a lot of Pokemon tapes, but that was because I couldn't watch it on TV. As of now, I either want comedies that I know I'll rewatch or can introduce to a friend, Jojo, or One Punch Man. I always had a weird feeling that if you own a series, you have less of a desire to watch it because you can see it whenever you want. It's kind of more fun discovering "oh cool, it's this episode" or "neat, this movie's airing on TV", sort of like playing roulette. It's why Simpsons reruns are kind of fun to discover, seeing an episode you haven't seen in a while, making it more desirable to watch it.

But yeah, Nichijou was a series I enjoyed so much, I promised myself I would buy it to support the fact it was a series I actually wouldn't mind rewatching from time to time. Cromartie High School is another I wouldn't mind owning eventually.

Chase17

City of stars,
Are you shining just for me?
City of stars,
There's so much that I can' see.
Who knows?
Is this the start of something wonderful
Or one more dream
That I can not make true?

I've been listening to the sound track for a couple days after seeing the film haha

Mizerman

Yep. School Days and its...protagonist was a thing that happened.

Oh god, Green Green. The 13th episode just decided to give up & throw in a sex scene. Such an ugly looking show.

Also, yeah, School Days was based on a H-game as well. Which is why I say if you thought Makoto was awful in the anime, man, in the games, he's somehow even a worse human being.

Even before streaming became more common, I was just never one to buy videos once gaming became more of a hobby. Granted, I remember having a lot of Pokemon tapes, but that was because I couldn't watch it on TV. As of now, I either want comedies that I know I'll rewatch or can introduce to a friend, Jojo, or One Punch Man. I always had a weird feeling that if you own a series, you have less of a desire to watch it because you can see it whenever you want. It's kind of more fun discovering "oh cool, it's this episode" or "neat, this movie's airing on TV", sort of like playing roulette. It's why Simpsons reruns are kind of fun to discover, seeing an episode you haven't seen in a while, making it more desirable to watch it.

But yeah, Nichijou was a series I enjoyed so much, I promised myself I would buy it to support the fact it was a series I actually wouldn't mind rewatching from time to time. Cromartie High School is another I wouldn't mind owning eventually.

Yeah, same with me. I think I had some random DBZ and Pokemon tapes on VHS along with an early set of the original Dragon Ball too. I only started getting anime over the past two years or so. Nowhere will getting anime be as bad as my days of getting manga. My brothers and I got about 50 or so volumes of Naruto, all of Death Note, various copies of D. Gray Man, first 12 volumes of Yu Yu Hakusho, 5 random volumes of Hunter X Hunter, all 4 volumes of Legendz, two volumes of Btooom!, some FMA and FLCL. Can't imagine how much we spent on manga...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom