• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |JanFeb17| Super Saiyan Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*goes to Zelda thread, sees people discussing Horizon Zero Dawn*

*goes to Horizon Zero Dawn thread, sees people discussing Zelda*

source.gif

cntr

Banned
It feels weird to have people mention my name in the podcast, haha.

That "stand alone" and "complex" thing is really cool, damn.

*goes to Zelda thread, sees people discussing Horizon Zero Dawn*

*goes to Horizon Zero Dawn thread, sees people discussing Zelda*

source.gif

Yeah, I almost don't want to go into those threads sometimes...

I'm personally interested in both games and I think the discussion ends up becoming like distorted and bickering of which game will be better, blah blah blah, post this thing to make the game look in the worst light, blah blah blah.

People are probably checking out of JoJo BECAUSE of Part 1 tbh. If it started as weird and exciting as Part 2, I think it might have done a tad better.
I honestly think there are people that aren't crazy enough to be into Jojo regardless of what part they started with. Jojo is some bat shit shit and it only gets crazier after part 1. Seeing the Part 4 reactions really proved that. That and people liking Part 3 more than Part 4

So I turned on my old fat base PS3 today. Took it out of the closet to play some PS2 games.

Boy, that system just constantly sounds like a plane is taking off. I'm guessing that's because it's old?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So I turned on my old fat base PS3 today. Took it out of the closet to play some PS2 games.

Boy, that system just constantly sounds like a plant is taking off. I'm guessing that's because it's old?
Oh damn, the launch PS3? That might explain it. Though it's kind of amazing to look back & realize the small storage size that came with it.

I somehow only discovered sometime last year that my PS3 can play PS1 games. How I went YEARS without knowing that just baffled me. I guess I figured if it couldn't play PS2, it couldn't play PS1 as well. Guess that'll be nice for not having to deal with hooking my PS2 up, though I felt so stupid for not knowing such a thing when I tend to try & be up to date with gaming.

One of these days, I need to figure out the best way to play older systems on a HDTV that won't cost me hundred of dollars for those upscalers. It's partly why I haven't gotten a Saturn yet, because I'm expecting it to look washed out on my 43" HDTV like when I hooked my GCN up.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Phat PS3's sounded bad at launch, can't imagine how they sound now.

They're also incredibly prone to overheating and cooking the system.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Since we have a date for Samurai Jack, here's the updated ending dates. As per usual, dates are subject to change.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: April 22
Samurai Jack Season 5: May 13
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096: June 3
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: July 29 (1st season), January 27, 2018 (2nd GIG)
Dragonball Z Kai: The Final Chapters: March 3, 2018
Hunter x Hunter: March 23, 2019
Dragon Ball Super: Still going in Japan, but the original non-movie content should start July 15th.
Naruto Shippuden: WE'RE CLOSE! WE'RE SO CLOSE! Predicting 500 episodes.
One Piece: Maan I could go for a new chapter. Oh wait, one is coming tomorrow!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Since we have a date for Samurai Jack, here's the updated ending dates. As per usual, dates are subject to change.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: April 22
Samurai Jack Season 5: May 13
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096: June 3
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: July 29 (1st season), January 27, 2018 (2nd GIG)
Dragonball Z Kai: The Final Chapters: March 3, 2018
Hunter x Hunter: March 23, 2019
Dragon Ball Super: Still going in Japan, but the original non-movie content should start July 15th.
Naruto Shippuden: WE'RE CLOSE! WE'RE SO CLOSE! Predicting 500 episodes.
One Piece: Maan I could go for a new chapter. Oh wait, one is coming tomorrow!

There is going to be a year of the CA arc in HxH alone hah

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Speaking of Samurai Jack the marathon has gotten up to the learning to jump good episode. A few of my favorite episodes are coming up like the one with Demongo and the ep with the Ultra Bots

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I was showing my friend the Switch super bowl commercial yesterday.

His one take away reaction was "Link can JUMP!??!" on account of the fact he's been mainly going on media blackout for BotW since he doesn't have a Wii U & is waiting on a Switch.

Still need to decide if I want to get a pro controller or just stick with a charging joycon grip controller.

His one take away reaction was "Link can JUMP!??!" on account of the fact he's been mainly going on media blackout for BotW since he doesn't have a Wii U & is waiting on a Switch.

Still need to decide if I want to get a pro controller or just stick with a charging joycon grip controller.

I'm probably getting a Pro Controller eventually. Seeing how the JoyCons feel in the grip will be when I decide to get the Pro Controller sooner or later.

On a different note, my girl Lyn topped the Fire Emblem Heroes poll and demonstrates the FE fandom doesn't have completely garbage tastes.

In related news, vote spitting has allowed Nowi to reach the top 10. Tiki, Anna, Severa, Nephenee, and Mia were robbed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm probably getting a Pro Controller eventually. Seeing how the JoyCons feel in the grip will be when I decide to get the Pro Controller sooner or later.
I'll probably do the same thing. I've heard the grip is fine, but not something you'd want to use for hours like with Zelda, but I'll try it myself.

Thankfully, I should only pay around $50 out of pocket for the Switch, but then there's also $100 for the Master Edition of Zelda, plus deciding if I want a 128GB or 200GB storage (I didn't even use the full 64GB flash drive for my Wii U, so 128 should be fine, but 200 would future proof myself).

bigkrev

I'm not sure if i'm even going to set up the dock for the switch, unless it's significantly faster than charging with just a standard cable. I'm really hoping that the Joycons are good because they are going to be the only control option I have using it as a portable

Neoxon

I'm getting the Switch & Zelda on Day 1, but I'm gonna give the Joy-Cons by themselves & in the grip a fair shake before I drop $70 on the Pro Controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom