• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, here are my favorite lines from the dub:

1. "I wanted to see if their cunts were as full of shit as their assholes."
2. "Be a good sport and die now and I won't feed you your pancreas later."
3. "Someday I'm gonna fuck you in half."
4. "How about you build up a friggin' wardrobe?"
5. "I hear he even has biceps on his cock."
6. "How in the hell did some douchey kid with bangs like a Shih Tzu rack up so much cast?"
7. "Don't negotiate with the person who's killing you!"
8. "Why don't you jack off into a bottle of formaldehyde and call it our first born?"
9. "Don't look at my tits!"
10. "I'm concerned for your soul, how it's stuck in that meat sack of a body."
11. "What the fuck, fellas, where's the albino?"
12. "How many times do I gotta tell you, if you're gonna play warrior with your little buddies, daddy wants a piece of the pie."
13. "Don't fuck with the human calculator!"
14. "You suck at math, don't you, cunt?"
15. "How the fuck have you not learned that I'm a jealous psychopath?"
16. "You son of a bitch, why do you have to be such a cliche?"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Why don't you jack off into a bottle of formaldehyde and call it our first born?" is one of the best lines from the show, or perhaps any anime.

....though rereading some of those lines, they certainly sound like they belong in another type of anime.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Slit the throat of reason and reality
Cut myself and scream for their insanity
Wake up to this nightmare that will never end
The main attraction of this twisted master plan

Trust nothing but pain to get me
through the daze
Sleep with one eye open not to be their prey
Fist against my face they bring me to my knees
The pressure's crushing down so hard
I can't break free

When I can feel my skin crawl
When I'm about to crack
The hunger for revenge
gives me strength to stand

I will be your deadman
With nothing but this blood on my hands
Stuck in your "wonderland"
I just want to make you bleed like me

Everyday goes by without a second thought
Living in a perfect and controlled project
A puppet of their sick perversion's appetite
Will I be trapped inside this hell until I die?

So what if no one cares
Enough to make a change
I give my bleeding heart out for one reason

I will be your deadman
With nothing but this blood on my hands
I want to make you bleed just like me

So make me your deadman
With only poison in my veins
Stagnated by the passivity
I'm gonna make you bleed like me

Llw9HO1.gif

daveo42

Banned
The I just sold my PS4 thread was a bloodbath.

It was a Deadman fight!

Always surprised at some of the comments in threads like that. Still, I can agree that OP was looking more for validation of his decision to sell rather than to generate any meaningful discussion. You rarely get anything out of threads like that anyway other than the reactions.

Always surprised at some of the comments in threads like that. Still, I can agree that OP was looking more for validation of his decision to sell rather than to generate any meaningful discussion. You rarely get anything out of threads like that anyway other than the reactions.

I get the "I just bought an x" thread if the point is to look for hidden gems and friends to play games online with. I don't get the "sold my x" threads unless its a "thinking of selling x to get a y" to see peoples opinions on if its worth keeping or trading it for a different system.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's basically just a ten year old livejournal post. No one gives a shit unless you've got a cool story to go with it.

I sold it as part of a cult initiation or to get laid by someone really hot or to pay the randsom for my drug dealing momma, make a thread about that. No one cares that you think a system doesn't have good games.

It's extra annoying when they then say they'll rebuy it when good games come out. Yeah, that makes a ton of sense.

daveo42

Banned
It's extra annoying when they then say they'll rebuy it when good games come out. Yeah, that makes a ton of sense.

I had a roommate who would do this a lot, though it was more because he was horrible at managing his finances and ended up having to sell systems back to Gamestop for cash to pay bills and afford food. I think over the course of a few years he bought and sold a 360 2-3 times, along with a few other systems. It was actually pretty painful to watch.

Edit: I agree though. It's a complete waste of money and people need to do a bit of research on whether or not they want the system now or if they can wait till the games they really want come out.

It's basically just a ten year old livejournal post. No one gives a shit unless you've got a cool story to go with it.

I sold it as part of a cult initiation or to get laid by someone really hot or to pay the randsom for my drug dealing momma, make a thread about that. No one cares that you think a system doesn't have good games.

Yeah, that was a little disappointing.

Congrats! You had buyer's remorse. At least you were able to get some of your money back.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I have a rule.

If the cost of the system is less than the cost of the games out right now that I am going to buy for the system, I buy the system.

Nintendo because of its proven track record gets a slight edge on this and I will include announced games that I know will be good.

Crocodile

Pretty much. To be frank though, I've never sold a system I own - if a system was interesting enough to you to actually go out and purchase in the first place (I do my research and other should too), good games WILL come out that you want to play on it. Assuming you aren't in desperate need of the cash, why sell?

daveo42

Banned
Pretty much. To be frank though, I've never sold a system I own - if a system was interesting enough to you to actually go out and purchase in the first place (I do my research and other should too), good games WILL come out that you want to play on it. Assuming you aren't in desperate need of the cash, why sell?

I've only sold a system I owned once...during Sony's PS2's buyback program for the DRE issue. The only regret there was not knowing about the lens fix until sometime after that. I really don't get selling consoles either.

The only console I ever "sold" back was my 360. Part of that was Microsoft's original plans for the One really turned me off and second was Best Buy offering at least $100 for consoles last holiday. I had also just bought my boss's PS3 and was enjoying it more, so I figured any games I truly missed on 360 I could just pick up cheap on PS3 at this point.

But getting a PS Plus subscription has given me a tremendous backlog of games I haven't made a dent into.

EDIT: Oh, another reason was that my OG 360 died right in the middle of Max Payne 3 (You may cast your aspersions on me whenever you like) and I bought the S with almost no memory. Then I tried to use the hard drive from the original 360 in the S with an enclosure and it never worked right so I just said screw it. Still have the 360 hard drive though in case I feel the need to get another one down the line.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I have a rule.

If the cost of the system is less than the cost of the games out right now that I am going to buy for the system, I buy the system.

Nintendo because of its proven track record gets a slight edge on this and I will include announced games that I know will be good.

That's exactly how I do it. Doing it any other way just seems like a potential waste of money.

I'll buy a Nintendo system day 1 and thats it because I know I'll get "another" smash bros, mario, zelda, etc etc and those are 90% of the reason I buy a Nintendo system. Others I wait till an exclusive is out that is a must play for me ala psp with crisis core and ps3 with tales of graces f

Amikami

Banned
I have a rule.

This system is logical and sensible.

I'll buy a Nintendo system day 1 and thats it because I know I'll get "another" smash bros, mario, zelda, etc etc and those are 90% of the reason I buy a Nintendo system. Others I wait till an exclusive is out that is a must play for me ala psp with crisis core and ps3 with tales of graces f

This is what I do. But it works out in the end still because Nintendo first party is worth it.

bigkrev

I would say that my rule is "eventually, I buy everything", but I never bought a Wii and I am unlikely to ever buy a WiiU or Xbox One, so I don't know if that applies anymore. At this time, i'm more likely to wait a few months before buying a PS4, because at this point it makes more sense to wait the extra time for the new sports games than to buy the still full priced, bare bones launch versions of them.

A WiiU would make a lot of sense to me as a complementary purchase to a PC, but with Ubisoft games being a non-starter on PC at this point, and it looking likely EA isn't going to bring more than Fifa from its sports games over, it probably makes more sense to buy an actual current gen system to play those game on for the next 5 years than to buy a WiiU for the Nintendo games.

I have a rule.

hey, that's what i do!

Anime Expo is looking super hype, as well.

-Sailor Moon Crystal
-Kill la Kill Dub Cast
-Sword Art Online II
-JoJo's Bizarre Adventure MOTHERF***ING ENGLISH DUB
-Super One Piece Industry Panel
-DBZ: Battle of Gods hype
-Something related to Space Dandy Season 2 probably

This is most likely the most hyped AX in years.

Gorillaz

WIll Wantanbe's other project, that japan terrorist anime, come to toonami eventually as well? Sine this whole Space Dandy world release thing worked out pretty well I wonder if they will have the dub ready for his other show

WIll Wantanbe's other project, that japan terrorist anime, come to toonami eventually as well? Sine this whole Space Dandy world release thing worked out pretty well I wonder if they will have the dub ready for his other show

There's a chance, but I think it was confirmed to only be 11 episodes.

well, Space Dandy was a show that Adult Swim threw money at during the production stage so it's a bit of a special case. we don't even really know for sure that Terror in Resonance will have much action, either

I'm pretty sure Terror in Resonance will air on Toonami in 2015, Funi already has the rights to the series so it has a high chance of being dubbed. It may be more of a suspense/drama series then a true up action one but when I watch the PV it just screams Toonami material.

Space Dandy already kinda stretches the 'action' requirement for a 'Toonami-show'

A little, though I feel it brings equal parts of action and comedy.

Kinda like everyone though Korgorth the Barbarbian would work as a Toonami show that time while KSK would not.

I'm pretty sure Terror in Resonance will air on Toonami in 2015, Funi already has the rights to the series so it has a high chance of being dubbed. It may be more of a suspense/drama series then a true up action one but when I watch the PV it just screams Toonami material.

then again they did say Death Note would fit, which kinda boggles my mind.

Space Dandy already kinda stretches the 'action' requirement for a 'Toonami-show'

i wouldn't say so. they've got at least one pretty elaborate action scene in the majority of the episodes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anime Expo is looking super hype, as well.

-Sailor Moon Crystal
-Kill la Kill Dub Cast
-Sword Art Online II
-JoJo's Bizarre Adventure MOTHERF***ING ENGLISH DUB
-DBZ: Battle of Gods hype

This is most likely the most hyped AX in years.
Now the question is which one of these will be announced for Toonami.

Gorillaz

JoJo and SAO 2 are the surest things imo.
Sailor depends on how much Toonami gives a shit to go there
KLK (we talked about this too much but you already know what I feel)
Dragonball, most likely depending on the rights

Korigama

Now the question is which one of these will be announced for Toonami.
I would be very surprised if Toonami were to air Kill la Kill (personally, I don't think they have the stones).

They likely would pick SAO II, as much as I'd hate to see that happen.

I would have agreed with you, but Funi picking the second season tells me there is still a chance!

No it has no chance of being on Toonami, even if they were going to pick up a sports anime they'd pick up something with more appeal to the 18-49 male audience that is Toonami's main audience. Funimation picks up a lot of anime we wouldn't even bother discussing for Toonami and Free is one of those shows

Jojo and SAO S2 are a matter of when they air not if they air, I wouldn't be surprised if Jojo started this fall, I can't imagine SAO S2 dub being ready till 2015 but it'll air then. I'm pretty sure they'll air Sailor Moon as well, for sure Crystal in 2015 maybe Uncut Sailor Moon with the new dub coming out soon.

I still think Kill La Kill is possible if Aniplex is willing to work with Toonami for a safe for US TV version that adds lots of sparkles over the nudity. If not the obvious Aniplex pick up would seem to be Magi which I think could do very well on the block.

Korigama

I still think Kill La Kill is possible if Aniplex is willing to work with Toonami for a safe for US TV version that adds lots of sparkles over the nudity. If not the obvious Aniplex pick up would seem to be Magi which I think could do very well on the block.
Eh, that sounds more like Mikisugi's gimmick on that show (in which case it was always played for laughs). Plus, the very existence of those "other" scenes would eclipse even Hansel and Gretel in the NOPE department, improvised censors or no, short of removing such content completely.

Raxus

Too much nudity, innuendo and let's not even talk about "those" scenes. I just don't see it happening.

On top of a wave a quality anime coming in dubbed I highly doubt KLK will air on Toonami at this point. JoJo and SAOII are nearly sure things assuming SAOII keeps up the buzz and doesn't shit the bed (again). Sailor Moon Crystal could show up but that is MONTHS down the road considering it's air schedule of 1 episode every two weeks. I still hope they air Tiger Bunny out of nowhere but I doubt they will at this point.

Gorillaz

The only thing I think was edited from the Hansel and Gretel arc, was that blood pool with them playing in it, and that was only 5 seconds. At alone should say about how much KLK will get edited regarding skin/sexual things being shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom