• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

So no Eren talking shit in his dreams huh
tumblr_mp87kw9DAm1re9sg9o1_500.gif

damn

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/07/02/toonami-sees-quarterly-ratings-increase

Toonami Sees Quarterly Ratings Increase
Ratings among male demos up between 6% and 10%

The basic cable numbers are out for second quarter 2014, and the anime highlight is that Saturday Night’s Toonami block (11:30 p.m.-3:30 a.m.) increased all targeted male demos across the quarter, ranging between 6% and 10% according to TV By the Numbers.

In June, Adult Swim programming accounted for 19 of the top 50 telecasts on basic cable for the month among adults 18-34, more than any other network.

because i'm a crazy person and make notes about every episode on a show i watch and feel the need to go back and do that for shows i didn't bother to do so for.......i've started Tenchi GXP.

with how the first episode shows us an empty Masaki house and a random, seconds-long glimpse of Ryoko from behind, this really feels like one of those live-action sequels or spin-offs where they couldn't get pretty much anyone to come back. which is weird because....y'know, it's a cartoon. you can draw them in.

bigkrev

Going to be real interested to see raitings this week. A holiday combined with a fairly large UFC combined wig whatever happened last week...

LOLDSFAN

Going to be real interested to see raitings this week. A holiday combined with a fairly large UFC combined wig whatever happened last week...

If the ratings are even worse than last week then it will confirm the theory that people can die if they're killed.

Watched the Wil Wheaton Project episode. Yeaaah I don't see this show lasting long, it's not funny.
It looks like The Soup, but it's almost nothing but original sketches, or editing clips. Like this recording of the Queen of England looking at Game of Thrones stuff, and then they added a voiceover. One bit had Skeletor reading angry tweets (it's nothing like the Jimmy Kimmel bit). It just wasn't funny...

Though the parts where it was actually like The Soup where he showed a clip and made a joke over it were amusing. The JoJo clip was one of them (Wheaton said he wanted to turn the sound into his ringtone).
Yeah that's what I thought. The Soup is still one of the best clip shows out there. Especially for those reality shows that I'll never watch a full episode of.

BBboy20

Oh...guess I should have figured you would have to be a subscribed member of those sites to watch Crystal. How long until non-subscribers are able to watch them after reach release?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/07/02/toonami-sees-quarterly-ratings-increase

Toonami Sees Quarterly Ratings Increase
Ratings among male demos up between 6% and 10%

Only 6% to 10%?

It's over. Pack it up.

June 2014 said:
On Saturday nights, Naruto (1 a.m.), One Piece (1:30 a.m.), and Blue Exorcist (2 a.m.) each ranked #1 in their respective time periods among adults 18-24 & 18-34 and men 18-24 & 18-34. Similarly, Black Lagoon (2:30 a.m.) and Beware the Batman (3 a.m.) both ranked #1 in their respective timeslots among men 18-34 & 18-49.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...he-carbonaro-effect-sullivan-son-more/278790/

Nothing's working. Let's just enjoy it while it lasts.

UFC is slowly killing itself with all of the shitty cards they have been putting out. They are oversaturating the market

I've read a few articles about this recently, and the owner just seems to blow it off.

I imagine the ufc still does well enough on all those minor cards that it doesn't matter. If they were losing money they would put out less

Tamanon

Banned
Huh, they're actually showing it in Greenville for once. Much wider showing than normal anime releases it seems.

daveo42

Banned
One about 15mins from work. Might go and see it with a friend if he's down. I guess it wouldn't be all that bad to see in the theater, but I won't be upset if I miss it either.

Let's make box-office predictions for Battle of Gods.

I predict it will earn around $900,000 after it's limited theater run. Even that seems too optimistic.

I have literally no idea what you are talking about.
Skyler Page, the guy behind Cartoon Network show Clarence, was known to sexually harass women at CN. I believe on of the animators in Adventure Time broke the news that he tried to grope her. This is great because the whole show won't be dragged down because the creator is a scumbag. Of course I wonder if CN will go any further and strike his name on the credits.

daveo42

Banned
Skyler Page, the guy behind Cartoon Network show Clarence, was known to sexually harass women at CN. I believe on of the animators in Adventure Time broke the news that he tried to grope her. This is great because the whole show won't be dragged down because the creator is a scumbag. Of course I wonder if CN will go any further and strike his name on the credits.

They may just cut ties with him completely. Adventure Time will continue on, but Clarence will most likely get canceled since he is its creator. It really sucks because Clarence is currently my favorite show on the CN block right now, but those actions are inexcusable and removing both him and cancelling show might be the best options at this point.

Tenumi

Banned

I've never heard of this guy, but he deserves any legal punishment he can get.

...Also oh my goodness I just remembered that this week starts the new Space Dandy episodes!

It won't get renewed for a second season unless Skylar Page was dumb enough to give CN full control over the intellectual property.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom