• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yes! Andrex, wherever you are, know we love you.

Did I miss the announcement of them picking up DRRR! 2?

o3SVoOI.gif

Moaradin

Rock Lee and his ninja pals is pretty hilarious from what I've seen. Don't think it will ever be on Toonami though. Is there much action?

Raxus

Rock Lee and his ninja pals is pretty hilarious from what I've seen. Don't think it will ever be on Toonami though. Is there much action?

It is all comedy. It would be a bigger stretch than Dandy to claim it was an action cartoon. It is more of an action cartoon than GXP though...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It is all comedy. It would be a bigger stretch than Dandy to claim it was an action cartoon. It is more of an action cartoon than GXP though...

Both have about one action scene an episode.

GXP despite sucking has entire episodes devoted to action.

LOLDSFAN

Jojo getting the full treatment? Well I guess it's confirmed now.

Frame of reference: Ino appears in episodes 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 24, 26, 27, 28, 29, 33, 37, 39, 42, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 and 51 of the Rock Lee show.

But but what about Sakura?

tumblr_mpciaz2Af01qfclk0o1_500.gif

Raxus

Both have about one action scene an episode.

GXP despite sucking has entire episodes devoted to action.

I am not questioning GXP has action period but most of GXP is stupid comedy/'action' with very few straight up action sequences aside from the penultimate episode and maybe one or two others.

Why are we arguing over GXP?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Mini-rant/vent. I'm so glad I've learned there's times to just not partake in a thread's discussion and just stay far away from it. I've also learned censorship & video games = topic that will spiral out of control and when it's time to just abandon the thread & not even bother looking at any more posts.

*sigh* Sorry for getting off-topic, but just something I wanted to get off my chest.

Jojo getting the full treatment? Well I guess it's confirmed now.
Just the manga so far. Digital version of Part 1 is coming Sept. digitally, with print version in Feb. Part 2 will come out digitally in March, though no word on print.

Seda

Mini-rant/vent. I'm so glad I've learned there's times to just not partake in a thread's discussion and just stay far away from it. I've also learned censorship & video games = topic that will spiral out of control and when it's time to just abandon the thread & not even bother looking at any more posts.

Glad other mods tend to take care of threads like that because I want nothing to do with them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm just bummed I have to wait so long for Part 2's manga to be released. Though hopefully, Part 4, one of my other favorites, will get an official release as well.

Wonder how they'll decide to dub Part 1 & 2 or not. Perhaps by Part 3 anime's success or how well the Part 1 & 2 mangas sell. A shame if we got season 1 of Jojo for Toonami, they can't go straight to Part 2.

Takashi

Hi all, just got back from vacation and was just wondering what the last 2 black lagoon episodes were so I can catch up

so i had to take a break after episode 10 and watch The Castle of Cagliostro because i started to have an existential crisis about what i was doing with my life by choosing to re-watch Tenchi GXP.

i think i'm better now.

TheChits

so i had to take a break after episode 10 and watch The Castle of Cagliostro because i started to have an existential crisis about what i was doing with my life by choosing to re-watch Tenchi GXP.

i think i'm better now.

Soooooooo good.

Gorillaz

lol wait what? it was just 2 eps what couldve happened?
I thought you said you saw it. Nvm

Is ScyFy throwing it's name back into the hat regarding anime? They use to do it awhile back, I could have sworn they had Gurren Lagann at one point.

daveo42

Banned
I thought you said you saw it. Nvm

Is ScyFy throwing it's name back into the hat regarding anime? They use to do it awhile back

It's be a really long time...I miss the old Saturday Anime block they did but it was never consistent in what they showed. Like half of an OVA and maybe a movie or two based of a normal show. They did do some of the Tenchi movies, Akira, and 2/3 of Iria (I don't think they ever aired the last two episodes) at some point.

It wouldn't be bad to have another station with more anime.

Gorillaz

Yea post your reactions here when you do see it
Even if SyFy does do that, it's preposterous to believe that JoJo would go to SyFy over Toonami.

It's be a really long time...I miss the old Saturday Anime block they did but it was never consistent in what they showed. Like half of an OVA and maybe a movie or two based of a normal show. They did do some of the Tenchi movies, Akira, and 2/3 of Iria (I don't think they ever aired the last two episodes) at some point.

It wouldn't be bad to have another station with more anime.

It would be nice to see someone else join in. Create a little "competition" so to speak. Wouldn't mind it tbh

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The closest we got to competition was Fox's Animation Domination High-Def (ADHD), but that tanked rather badly.
I know sometimes, NIcktoons would air DBZ in what seemed like an attempt at gaining viewers. Of course that didn't work out and now Adult Swim got the DBZ rights.

The issue with SyFy returning to anime is all the commercials. They have waaaay more commercial breaks than Adult Swim. People get pissed at all the editing done on Toonami (OPs and EDs shortened or removed, eyecatches and previews removed) so I have to imagine SyFy would cut down on even more.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
thumbsupcomputerkid.gif

I liked Capt. Planet...I mean he was our hero. Didn't you know he took pollution down to zero?

Of course.
After all, he's our powers magnified, and he's fighting on the planet's side.

Captain Planet is garbage. Total garbage. Though there's hilarious bits like Hitler's stare being enough to weaken Captain Planet.

Gorillaz

Captain%20Planet.jpg

The dude is blue with green hair....let that settle for a min. He goes around shit talking people about littering all the time and stuff. Cap, pls.

He scares me. He would scare a 5 year old. Do you want this guy to save the day for you toonamigaf?
making-robot-chicken-captain-planet-ted-turner.gif

I think not friends.

I just wanted an excuse to use the robot chicken version of him

Was out on the boat fishing all day, well I didn't do any fishing (I wasn't going to pay $80 for a fishing license for one day of fishing) but I did take in a lot of sights and finish up A Game of Thrones, fantastic book.

All of Jojo is getting dubbed? Excellent

Takashi

Just finished the first of those 2 eps
Revy and nun chick are dumb for confronting the lil psychos AND going against Balalaika. Assuming major shit goes down in the next ep.

One thing confused me though, are the twins both boys or both girls or what? I know they pretend with the wig and all just wasn't sure

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Just finished the first of those 2 eps
Revy and nun chick are dumb for confronting the lil psychos AND going against Balalaika. Assuming major shit goes down in the next ep.

One thing confused me though, are the twins both boys or both girls or what? I know they pretend with the wig and all just wasn't sure

One's a boy, the other's a girl. They're both very fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom