• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
This guy admits to watching 30-40 episodes of anime a day at one point in his life and wants to know if there's something wrong with him for not doing that anymore...

tumblr_mk395sAnmg1rjf4f5o1_500.gif

This got me thinking, how much time on average do you guys spend watching anime per day? Outside of toonami and the rare netflix marathon, I don't really watch anime on a day to day basis. My viewing habits have definitely changed the older I've gotten, probably due to increased responsibility more than anything.

I go through binges when a show really grabs me, like when I caught up to AoT in one day (13 eps) or One Piece marathons, but never that many a day consistently.

I watch about maybe 2-3 hours of anime a week at most on top of the random CN shows. I think the most prolonged amount of time I spend watching anything is during Toonami. I just don't have that kind of time or energy to watch a ton of stuff all the time.

Raxus

First two and a half episodes of Fate/Zero are a big hurdle to jump through since they are a MASSIVE exposition dump. Past that it is all gravy in my opinion. Bask in the glory of based Rider.

This got me thinking, how much time on average do you guys spend watching anime per day? Outside of toonami and the rare netflix marathon, I don't really watch anime on a day to day basis. My viewing habits have definitely changed the older I've gotten, probably due to increased responsibility more than anything.

Toonami's the main thing, easily. 30-40 a day...I don't know where one would have the time to do that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I probably only watch a few episodes of anime per week, depending on how much I'm watching during the season. So I guess at the most, 20-40 minutes every few days, obviously not counting Toonami?

Seda

I basically don't watch much outside of Toonami other than sports semi-frequently. Typically will opt to play a video game if I have down time.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I don't really do it daily unless I have decided to binge-watch a specific series, at which point I'll probably max out at five or six hours on a given day, but usually much less. Mostly it's just Toonami that I watch.

Thinking about One Piece or maybe FMA.

Korigama

I've started increasing my anime viewing outside of Toonami recently, particularly given the lack of options on TV, my decrease in gaming as of late, and my tendency to wait until finishing a show before buying the whole series to own on video. I didn't really start getting into watching anime online until this year, but usually view shows at a rate of four episodes a day (I don't like rushing through ones I'm enjoying).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If we count all of Toonami, which is currently just 4.5 hours of anime, it averages out to just over 45 minutes a day over the course of the whole week (since the only other things I watch with any regularity right now are the current week's One Piece and Jojo).

I really need to get around to watching Ping Pong and the new season of Mushishi, though.

Seda

Somewhat relevant

http://www.evamonkey.com/funimation-dub-of-evangelion-3-33-still-not-finished/

There have been a bunch of vague and unspecified delays since the beginning of the year in regards to the English release of Evangelion 3.33. Last month, Toonami tweeted [my note, this is the Toonami fansite, not Toonami] that Funimation said 3.33 was “still on hold” and that they were “Working ‘closely’ with studio khara to ‘make it closer to original vision.’”.

This prompted a number of people to fill in the gaps, especially those who had seen the dub in theaters. The consensus seems to be that Funimation has done a poor job, not necessarily in translation, but in capturing the same emotions. Scenes where Misato seemed to show a genuine sense of concern for Shinji have been overridden by her just sounding perpetually angry.

So it would seem that Funimation has been revising the dub in some amount. That now seems to be confirmed, as Spike Spencer’s newsletter has just stated that he is scheduled to record “pick ups” for Evangelion 3.33. This should be considered good news, considering Spike Spencer, as Shinji, has the most lines of anyone in the film, and smoothing out his lines alone should be a good push towards them completing the dub, and setting a release date for the DVD and Blu-ray, which many fans are eagerly awaiting.

Seems like FUNimation had to patch up the dub for Eva 3.33 (?)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Month of Evangelion.

Week 1: End of Eva
Week 2: Eva 1.11
Week 3: Eva 2.22
Week 4: Eva 3.33

& then maybe throw in some episodes of the series before/after the movie or something.

Outside of Toonami, I watch an average of 10-12 hours of anime a week.

I can't do 30-40 episodes a day. That's some insane hikikomori shit.

Month of Evangelion.

Week 1: End of Eva
Week 2: Eva 1.11
Week 3: Eva 2.22
Week 4: Eva 3.33

That wouldn't work. GAF and AS viewers would commit suicide before the other movies air.

Gorillaz

outside of toonami I really don't have time to watch alot of anime, so probably per week maybe an hour or 2 (outside of anime, again) and that is binge watching something like DeathNote when I'm out of work

bigkrev

I'm trying to think how much TV I watch a week. I waste 3 hours a week watching Raw, I watch a bunch of sports, but realized on Friday (when the Lebron news happened) I hadn't watched ESPN in months and was confused by the "new (actually months old)" graphics packages. I enjoy the occasional piece of TruTV trash content (like Lizard Lick Towing, Hardcore Pawn, and Storage Hunters), and think Bait Car is the best show in the history of the world.

I have subs to Netflix (literally use maybe once a month), Hulu (NO IDEA why i'm subbed, just checked, last used in early June), Crunchyroll (watch HxH, Free, and a few things at the start of each season I will drop), Amazon Prime (mostly for shipping, but I do like the video stuff), and WWE Network (really only for the live PPVs... of which this weekends Battleground will be the second one since subscribing I don't watch due to lack of interest).

If my parents didn't pay for cable, i'd probably buy a VPN and NHL Center Ice/MLB Extra Innings and be done with TV.

Soulflarz

Banned
I go through binges when a show really grabs me, like when I caught up to AoT in one day (13 eps) or One Piece marathons, but never that many a day consistently.

I watch about maybe 2-3 hours of anime a week at most on top of the random CN shows. I think the most prolonged amount of time I spend watching anything is during Toonami. I just don't have that kind of time or energy to watch a ton of stuff all the time.

Pretty much this. Like i just started steins;gate (and sh guys, i already played it before you ask why i waited so long :p) and im 10 ep in and its been a few days, but i didnt watch anything for 2 weeks before that...

Outside of Toonami I'm a fairly active anime viewer. I typically pick up whatever show is most talking about that's good (Tokyo Ghoul, Zankyou no Terror) and pick stuff up if someone I like is attatched to the production (only reason I'm watching Aldnoah Zero is because of Urobutcher).

Ratings are in

timthumb.php

For its entire week in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is up 12 percent in total viewership (1.241 million vs. 1.112 million) and up 15 percent among Adults 18-49 (707,000 vs. 614,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down 5 percent in total viewership (1.241 million vs. 1.307 million) and down 5 percent among Adults 18-49 (707,000 vs. 743,000) from the same week one year ago (July 8-14, 2013).

SATURDAY, JULY 12, 2014

HOUSEHOLD RATINGS AND TOTAL VIEWERS
11:30PM Attack on Titan 0.7 HH, 1.016 million viewers
12:00AM Bleach 0.7 HH, 968,000 viewers
12:30AM Space Dandy 0.6 HH, 827,000 viewers
1:00AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.5 HH, 796,000 viewers
1:30AM One Piece 0.5 HH, 701,000 viewers
2:00AM Blue Exorcist 0.5 HH, 752,000 viewers
2:30AM Black Lagoon 0.5 HH, 690,000 viewers
3:00AM Beware the Batman 0.5 HH, 652,000 viewers
3:30AM Naruto 0.4 HH, 586,000 viewers
4:00AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.3 HH, 468,000 viewers
4:30AM Samurai Jack 0.3 HH, 440,000 viewers
5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.4 HH, 481,000 viewers
5:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 0.3 HH, 434,000 viewers

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Better.
Still don't like how people are leaving One Piece and coming back for Bland Exorcist.

daveo42

Banned
Big drop for Dandy and One Piece with a rebound for Blue Exorcist. Nice to see Black Lagoon coming in higher than Beware the Batman. Greenback Jane arc is much easier on the audience when related to the previous arcs because of how 'light-hearted' it feels in relation. The odd cast of characters doesn't hurt either.

Tamanon

Banned
I bet they wish they had Inuyasha to close out the night still. It seems it always did much better numbers than the last hour now.

Tenumi

Banned
Ratings are in

timthumb.php

SATURDAY, JULY 12, 2014

HOUSEHOLD RATINGS AND TOTAL VIEWERS
11:30PM Attack on Titan 0.7 HH, 1.016 million viewers
12:00AM Bleach 0.7 HH, 968,000 viewers
12:30AM Space Dandy 0.6 HH, 827,000 viewers
1:00AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.5 HH, 796,000 viewers
1:30AM One Piece 0.5 HH, 701,000 viewers
2:00AM Blue Exorcist 0.5 HH, 752,000 viewers
2:30AM Black Lagoon 0.5 HH, 690,000 viewers
3:00AM Beware the Batman 0.5 HH, 652,000 viewers
3:30AM Naruto 0.4 HH, 586,000 viewers
4:00AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.3 HH, 468,000 viewers
4:30AM Samurai Jack 0.3 HH, 440,000 viewers
5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.4 HH, 481,000 viewers
5:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 0.3 HH, 434,000 viewers

Could be worse, could be better. I'm always just happy that the block is around....

Man God

Non-Canon Member
i'm late but 30-40 eps a day? that's sun up to sundown and beyond. good lord.

That's...how I watched a great deal of One Piece. Granted I was stuck in bed that entire day anyways due to an illness for about a week, but I've done it before.

It's not my normal bag. Even when I get super duper invested in something the most I could binge watch normally is about ten hours on a day off and like 1-2 episodes on a work day. Most weeks these days I only watch TOONAMI for anime.

Seems like Toonami is down but still doing well. Will be very interesting to see how they handle the next few months with Bleach, Titan, Dandy, Exorcist, and Lagoon all ending back to back to back. We still only know one replacement (dbzk) and they've been mum despite the fact we're almost a month away from blue exorcist end date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom