• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChits

I was so interested in Destiny a little bit after announcement but for some reason I have zero interest now. It seems so big and imposing? That probably doesn't make sense. I dunno.

I heard the GAF clan is at something like 12,000 members? Insane!

I was super excited about it until I played the "alpha". Gonna try the beta with more people to see if that improves my experience any

daveo42

Banned
I was super excited about it until I played the "alpha". Gonna try the beta with more people to see if that improves my experience any

I had fun, I just need to see more of the world. Can't judge the whole game on such just a vertical slice, but if that's all there really is to it, it might not hold my attention for all that long. I'm not a huge fan of competitive mp fps, but the world and story both interest me. Heck, just running around was a lot of fun, but the open-world quest system seems lacking.

I'll probably have a better idea after the beta if I'm really going to like the game or not, but so far it's not been all that bad. I just can't overly gush about it like some seem to do here on GAF. Maybe it's because some are just excited about a Halo MMO or they've never really sunk their teeth into any kind of MMO before. Btw...so far I do consider Destiny as MMO-lite with how it is presented to the players through the games mechanics and systems.

I'm not very excited about the game either, but I wouldn't let the alpha buy or sell you on how good or bad a game is. The Alpha was probably a very small slice of the overall package

LOLDSFAN

Saw a guy playing it on YouTube. Looked pretty boring. Walked around and shot at the occasional enemies who continually respawned after every death.

Gorillaz

it's not bad, from the 30ish to hour I've been playing it. Need to see the full scope of PVP and PVE to make a final judgement

coop wise it can be something great

bigkrev

Destiny Beta is downloading, and i'm now taking in this Doom news. Some people are taking it a bit too well...

BsyTcvWIMAANgkD.png

I'm actually really excited for this game. Sounds like they know what they are doing

Will remain casually optimistic towards this new Doom game, any game that gets away from the Halo/CoD style of FPS is worth supporting at this point to hopefully move the market away from them. And this is someone who LOVES Halo

Will remain casually optimistic towards this new Doom game, any game that gets away from the Halo/CoD style of FPS is worth supporting at this point to hopefully move the market away from them. And this is someone who LOVES Halo

I'm hoping that the success of TNO showed Bethesda that an FPS doesn't need to follow the CoD formula to be successful

PLAY WOLFENSTEIN THE NEW ORDER

That's one of those games I want to play on a next gen console, but I don't own one and it's not a game that's gonna make me drop $400 to play it. My brother does have a PS4, but he has no interest in the game, and I have no desire to drop $60 for a game I can only play when he's not home.

my mom threw away my destiny beta code receipt so that out lol.

Have your dad Samurai 7 her

:p

bigkrev

Well, I played 20 minutes of Destiny, which was enough time for me to know I probably don't want to play any more of it.

Also, i'm sure this is because i'm coming from PC back down to PS3, but jesus, it looks like a early PS2 era game.

bigkrev

Really man come on

Madden NFL 2001 for PS2

Comments like that just make people look foolish

It seems as lacking of anti-alising as DOA2: Hardcore. everything is super muddy, especially up close- at one point, I thought it was a UE3 cutscene where the textures take an extra second to load in

It seems as lacking of anti-alising as DOA2: Hardcore. everything is super muddy, especially up close- at one point, I thought it was a UE3 cutscene where the textures take an extra second to load in

Yeah but even with all that it still doesn't look anywhere near as bad as those games do <_<

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sounds like I'm gonna head up to another town with a friend to checkout DBZ: Battle of Gods in IMAX. Considering I almost never see movies in IMAX (since we don't have one at the theater in our town, which is where my friend works), it'll be interesting to see how different it'll be compared to seeing it w/o it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Soo guys is symphonia DOTNW as bad as they say? (Kinda random)

Go for it! Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality!

It's okay as far as gameplay goes. It's basically Symphonia except you can get monsters in your party. Main character is maybe the most annoying in any RPG I've ever played.

I did laugh pretty hard at some of the skits, though. Not gonna lie.

Also, make sure you remember that courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.

Basically it's okay for getting your Tales fix but it's not gonna blow your mind.

Levyne

Banned
Go for it! Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality!

It's okay as far as gameplay goes. It's basically Symphonia except you can get monsters in your party. Main character is maybe the most annoying in any RPG I've ever played.

I did laugh pretty hard at some of the skits, though. Not gonna lie.

Also, make sure you remember that courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.

this post is art

Man God

Non-Canon Member
ToS2 is basically the Tales version of FF XIII-2.

It's also infamous for having one of the most annoying protagonists ever and the female lead is LEGIT BATSHIT CRAZY INSANE. Worth it for that.

Seda

It definitely has problems. The game play is most similar to Tales of the Abyss, only no fonon circles, and there's a simple monster raising mechanic.

The first two chapters are AWFUL. Characters and narrative improves from there to the end, but never really recovers from the opening and is never anything more than okay. There are a lot of odd plot points, let me grab my list from the OT...

The antagonist is my favorite in the series though.

Battles are pretty good, but there are only two worthwhile characters that you can control. One specializes in aerial combos, the other has some nifty duelist artes, but mostly excels with speed cast spamming (photon is waaaaay OP). The Symphonia cast is largely useless due to their level caps, you're basically handicapping yourself if you use them.

I don't think the game is worst JRPG ever that some would claim, but it's definitely on the lower end for its franchise.

EDIT: The dungeons are probably better than Xillia or Graces. The randomized Katz side quests are repetitive but optional. oh, and there's no world map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom