• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
Sorry for making this discussion about ToS DOTNW when its toonamiGAF. Im really sorry. I shouldnt have done that, and because of that I'll apologize. Sorry.

Okay seriously what the hell IS THAT ALL HE SAYS

Seda

Sorry for making this discussion about ToS DOTNW when its toonamiGAF. Im really sorry. I shouldnt have done that, and because of that I'll apologize. Sorry.

As I said before, I really don't mind if this thread on Neo Gaming-Age Forums tangentially talks video games during the week. The majority of post content is still largely Toonami focused.

Oh, here's what I posted in the OT

Dawn of the New World has lots of really silly plot points:

-Finding a baby dragon to break a Garuda's defenses
-Using Tenebrae as a fishing pole to catch a turtle to distract a monster in Triet Ruins
-A golem being equipped with a self-destruct bomb that 'kills' tenebrae
-A town emergency dealing with a frog eating seafood gels
-Pretending to turn in Regal to the vanguard so he can use his hi-tech handcuffs to disable their security
-Everything dealing with Decus's cologne
-Stuffing Marta into an iron maiden to get through a vanguard checkpoint, persuading them not to check inside because it is 'cursed'
-Tenebrae turning into Celsius to distract guards

Sadly I like it better than any game that's hit the US since TOV.

Graces has excellent combat, but everything else (dungeons, characters, story) are probably on the level of Symphonia 2 if not lower. Xillia's repetitive field areas, dungeons, and shop system really soured me on that one too, although combat was 'alright'.

Symphonia 2 is fun if only for Emile's crazy air combo combat, Tenebrae being the ultimate troll that made me laugh a lot, and Marta being bat shit cray

I also laughed at JYB's angsty/angry voice

Seda

Oh yes, Tenebrae is great. Voice actor does the dripping sarcasm / trolling quite well.

Apparently he's also the voice of Spandam. Bit of range there.

Tenumi

Banned
Destiny Beta is downloading, and i'm now taking in this Doom news. Some people are taking it a bit too well...

BsyTcvWIMAANgkD.png

I'm actually really excited for this game. Sounds like they know what they are doing

And yet show a female nipple and people are screaming from the sky to cover it up, censor it!

But I digress. Toonami, it's still here, it's still good.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Laura Bailey cant be considered insane by me in this game. Im playing Nier on the side. Kaine *is* insane, truly.
It's even better when you hear her curse like a sailor every time you start the game up. Really need to get back to that. Just finished learning how frustrating the fishing was until "NOooooooooooo, don't try it on the water RIGHT NEXT TO YOU WHEN YOU LEARN HOW TO FISH, go to this OTHER spot!"

Soulflarz

Banned
Also i havent played Vesperia for a few years so excuse me if this is off, but why is the battle theme another version of funace of war?

http://youtu.be/wUogKmsOe_I no clue which came out first, but i dunno, its weird to me the themes are the same/diff mixes >.< (or is that a longstanding theme and im simply forgetting)

Seda

Also i havent played Vesperia for a few years so excuse me if this is off, but why is the battle theme another version of funace of war?

http://youtu.be/wUogKmsOe_ no clue which came out first, but i dunno, its weird to me the themes are the same/diff mixes >.< (or is that a longstanding theme and im simply forgetting)

Sakuraba will often take theme's or phrases of his music and reorganize it in other tracks. So yes, I'll Go sounds a bit like Furnace of War.

The other two normal battle themes are clearly just Full Force and Like a Glint of Light remixed.

The normal boss theme, With Courage, doesn't immediately bring to mind another Tales battle theme, but it's still obviously Sakuraba.

Soulflarz

Banned
Only played 2 hours, but yeah, the two things i like so far
1) free run feels very...open. Not "hey awkward button press". I just like free run in general and dislike when its not there
2) air combos dont feel out of place?

Levyne

Banned
Finally watched last week's Attack on Titan.

Armin was convinced to be stronger because he tugged on an older guy's arm 5 years ago? I dunno, the whole "I'm weak" to "I'm useful" transformation seemed weird.

In such a shouty show, I do enjoy the demeanor of Pixis.

Edit: What episode of Black Lagoon is tomorrow?

Soulflarz

Banned
"Of course, i wouldnt mind being more than friends"
*flashback starts*
"Courage is the magic that makes dreams into reality"

Okay i laughed a lot

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Finally watched last week's Attack on Titan.

Armin was convinced to be stronger because he tugged on an older guy's arm 5 years ago? I dunno, the whole "I'm weak" to "I'm useful" transformation seemed weird.

In such a shouty show, I do enjoy the demeanor of Pixis.

Edit: What episode of Black Lagoon is tomorrow?

Rock vs Chainsaw Goth on the roof of Lagoon Company. AKA The return of Rock's EPIC SACK

Gorillaz

I just realized that Lotton "the wizard" dude from the first episode of the arc was shown in the preview for the next BL episode lol

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If Jojo ever comes to Toonami, I think I need to count all the "OH MY GOD!" & "OHHH NOOOOOO!!!" that're said, mainly due to Joseph.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So what episodes of Jack, Clone Wars, and SBT air tomorrow? Trying to figure out just how far I fell behind :X

Samurai Jack: Jack and the Spartans (ep. 25)
Clone Wars: Sphere of Influence (ep. 48)
SBT: A New Beginning (ep. 20 aka the last one)

Tenumi

Banned
If Jojo ever comes to Toonami, I think I need to count all the "OH MY GOD!" & "OHHH NOOOOOO!!!" that're said, mainly due to Joseph.

And it shall be the best count ever created...

I've only watched Bleach and Space Dandy from last Saturday, so I don't know if I'll be around for tomorrow, especially considering I'll likely be busy during the day. Still gotta watch last week's Black Lagoon, One Piece, and Blue Exorcist.

WELP

Also, anyone here -like someone i recognize or whatever, not someone who randomly joined our chat for it- need a destiny ps4 code? I know i dont have 2 friends who own ps4s and dont have it, so ill give one away if someone here wants it and will use it.

My brother has a PS4 that he never uses, I'll raid it if you give me the Destiny code so I can try the game out

Ponn

Banned
Just saw the commercial for Black Jesus on Adult Swim. Wow. Didn't know Charlie Murphy was going to be in it. Can't wait.

Feel mixed on Destiny, its what I expected.. Not sure if thats a good thing though, need more time with the game to get a better feel for it

Gorillaz

Curious- what do you find bad about it?

It's borderlands-lite regarding the customization. I'm curious to see how they will extend the life of this for those not into PVP.

PVP wise...it's going to need some balance, with the right balance? it could be a better "halo" then halo 4 was

Raxus

My thoughts on Destiny so far:

It feels weird to have such a low level cap. I am getting rare gear that is level 10 that I will never be able to equip, there is a huge amount of missions locked (just russia). 2 multiplayer maps to choose from and most of the advanced skills are locked for late game.

I am having a ton of fun on the PvE aspect but the PvP could use balancing typically with the classes and guns like fusion rifles. Considering what you will have at your finger tips it is important they look closely at things especially when it comes to late game items.

Enough about the bad, here is the good. As I said PvE is fantastic. Shame we only got one strike since it is fun apart from the Devil having WAAAAY too much health but missions can easily be done as a group or solo and there is incentive to go back and do them again. Contracts and side missions in explore mode are a joy to do since you can encounter random people that will help you accomplish tasks. I got a Devil Tank drop in event and me and one other guy worked together to take it down in under 5 minutes. It was a blast. There is a ton of stuff to dig into at the Tower but sadly most of it is sealed but I look forward to how things scale as you unlock more and more stuff.

Curious- what do you find bad about it?

It's borderlands-lite regarding the customization. I'm curious to see how they will extend the life of this for those not into PVP.

PVP wise...it's going to need some balance, with the right balance? it could be a better "halo" then halo 4 was

What Gorillaz said

I'm liking the story elements but the rpg stuff isn't doing it for me and I love JRPGs. The gun play feels great but shooting something 5 times in the head to kill it because health meters feels weird. Halo justified it by having things have health shields, very few things have that in Destiny and I get the golden crit damage when I get head shots.

In some ways I wish Destiny had just been like Halo with more character skills and missions and less rpg damage and citadel for purchasing weapons and such.

The start off season 3 of the Clone Wars has been excellent, those first 2 episodes killed it... this next episode is a Jar Jar episode though so NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom