• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hilariously enough I just came back before going to bed to preach the good word of Bleach...and original Naruto.

Both of them are up on Amazon Prime Instant Video in their dubbed form. Probably old news but I don't think I saw it brought up here.

Bleach is seasons 1-5, which is basically ideal as you get the first awesome arc...and all of the bount arc, though you do end up getting the best Bleach opening out of the deal right at the end.

Naruto is the entire original run of the show, dubbed. I think it's the uncut dvd's, I could check pretty easily enough. Both have awful video quality and I hate the prime player, but this is a great way to catch up on both of them.

Bleach in 4 days. Get ready

PJIDP6Y.gif

Guys. I just realized that I objectively had an amazing moment today:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=119976727&postcount=344

Now at first glance it might appear that I'm simply posting a gif in response to a creepy post that dominated discussion in the thread to the point of it being locked, but look closer and you'll find that this is the single most perfect use of a gif ever. And it wasn't even really intentional.

So you're Scooby doo Fred and the rest of the gang are all the other users reacting the neogaf Fred's post ya

:p

Members have gotten more lewd
Guys. I just realized that I objectively had an amazing moment today:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=119976727&postcount=344

Now at first glance it might appear that I'm simply posting a gif in response to a creepy post that dominated discussion in the thread to the point of it being locked, but look closer and you'll find that this is the single most perfect use of a gif ever. And it wasn't even really intentional.
Took me a sec to realize that the poster's username was Fred :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Recommended reading, mostly because it's filled with Mods giving their opinions: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=851761
Looks like this post quotes the more notable posts. & honestly, I have to agree with them. Seeing threads like those and any time censorship is involved (Bravely Default, Monster Monpiece, etc.), it goes into a bloodbath of insults & such. Just one of those topics that results in arguing because nobody can agree to disagree.

....ya know, has that whole "young girl is actually 1,000 demon/spirit/whatever" statement or whatever ever actually applied to anime/video games outside of Fire Emblem Awakening & that Dance in the Vampire Bund thing (& even then, she actually CAN change into an adult)? People like to throw that around, yet I never actually recall that trope appearing a lot.

Someone's gonna link me to TVtropes, aren't they?

Kira Yamato is still popular in 2014

see, "fuck Sword Art Online and its cardboard characters" aside, this is what baffles me the most. i don't even really hate Gundam Seed, but this guy's entire character revolves around being shipped with his rival best friend on the other side.

I didn't realize how popular irregular at magic high school was, though I did groan when the two most popular characters from said series are the brother and sister who are a topic of many incest jokes and over tones

see, "fuck Sword Art Online and its cardboard characters" aside, this is what baffles me the most. i don't even really hate Gundam Seed, but this guy's entire character revolves around being shipped with his rival best friend on the other side.

Thats fujoshi/dtl 101 on how to make a popular character :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Can't wait to get to SEED DESTINY after that!

SEED DESTINY would get SAO level heat. It's not quite as dumb but the drama bombs and the train wreckiness of it would get people all hot and bothered.

Shinn might be able to put up a fight with Kirito as most repulsive character on the block.

Unfortunately this won't happen for any number of reasons.

Amazon has Inuyasha as well? Time to figure out how much of it is on there!

Amazon's player runs better than Hulu and has no ads...but it's layout is horrible.

To be fair Kira isn't the worst Gundam protag. But he's certainly not the best

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Thats fujoshi/dtl 101 on how to make a popular character :p

You ever see Gundam SEED bass? It's more complicated than that. Much more.

Gundam SEED was a show designed around appealing broadly to the youth of Japan, almost cynically so. It's a masterful work in how to appeal to a wide base and everyone should watch it.

You ever see Gundam SEED bass? It's more complicated than that. Much more.

Gundam SEED was a show designed around appealing broadly to the youth of Japan, almost cynically so. It's a masterful work in how to appeal to a wide base and everyone should watch it.
Gundam Seed was so successful that it inspired an AU fanfic called Code Geass. :p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Code Geass is a lot like SEED in many many ways. Including a somewhat offputting and unintentionally hilarious second season, at least Geass has a better excuse for where it went.

So official Amazon Prime report.

Bleach=First five seasons, which covers right up until the Arrancar show up.
Naruto=All of the original series, seemingly uncut.
Inuyasha= First 99 episodes and all four movies.

All of this for free with no ads if you have prime.

daveo42

Banned
Gundam SEED was pretty good for what it was worth. A new retelling of the original with a bit more of what was going on with Coordinators (Zeon) by having Athrun in the mix. While Kira was a bit on the whiny side for the majority of the show, at least he pulls it together by the end and everything worked out fairly well. Destiny on the other hand...well that is one of two Gundam shows I like to forget about.

Speaking of...never watch AGE. It is somehow worse that Destiny.

so i watched One Piece: Strong World. it was alright. the action peaked kinda early and i think at times it seemed like a patchwork of previous story arcs
(Skypiea + Little Garden with Karue if he was an electric chicken thing and "RETRIEVE _______" used as the main plot for like the fourth time)
. it was fun, though.

789shadow

Banned
so i watched One Piece: Strong World. it was alright. the action peaked kinda early and i think at times it seemed like a patchwork of previous story arcs
(Skypiea + Little Garden with Karue if he was an electric chicken thing and "RETRIEVE _______" used as the main plot for like the fourth time)
. it was fun, though.
Strong World certainly isn't much more complex than "One Piece arc: The Movie", but it's still pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom