• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the 'we need an adult' meme. First time I recall it popping up here was during Soul Eater but it gets tossed around pretty often. The only thing I see more is "_______ was a mistake"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Needing an adult was a mistake. They're nothing but trash.

...........................wait.........

Levyne

Banned
Heh, maybe they should make Naruto SPLATOODEN.

HUUUUHHHH??

Black SPLAGOON??

image.php

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Now that I'm dieting, what's a good Toonami watching snack?
I always make the "Butter-rific" popcorn, but that's my weekly snack that I usually only have when Toonami's on.

Grapes or apples are a good choice. I also happen to like pretzels as well. I think as long as you moderate what you eat (i.e. it's still fine to have junk food, but instead of once a day, maybe a smaller/suggested serving site every other day or so).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Why the Jan 2014 thread? I could have sworn you had it longer than that.

February thread. Start around post 1400 if you want to save time. Didn't get the tag until April, for reasons that will become apparent. No, I did not skip a single day.

An interesting piece of info about how Toonami gets the broadcast rights to anime.

Chris asks:

How does Toonami get broadcasting rights? Do they have to ask the original Japanese production committee? And then make a contract with the English publisher/producers, to air their version on TV?

Typically, if Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, or any other TV network wants to obtain broadcast rights to an anime, the people they talk to is the publisher for that anime in their territory -- in this case, North America. Funimation or Sentai or whoever may or may not have broadcast rights to that show, but if they do, they probably have to get approval from the licensor, who will then have to take the issue to the production committee. And if the US publisher doesn't have the rights, they can usually at least make the introduction to the right people in Japan. Like any other deal, the license terms are then hashed out, and a contract is signed. Usually the broadcaster gets the rights to show the series for a set number of years, a set number of times. Often, the ability to offer the show on cable video-on-demand is included as well.

Anime producers tend to really jump at the chance to get their shows on television -- they're made to be on television, after all -- so unless the license fee they're offering is appallingly low, they'll probably go for it. After all, broadcast on television is still one of the best ways to market the far more lucrative DVD release, even in this day and age.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2015-06-05/.88849

I'm going in blind to M&H so I just want to take this opportunity to ask everyone to refrain from hinting and properly tag all spoilers, no matter how small they may be. This community does an excellent job in regards to these two things and there haven't been any issues (that I have come across at least) thus far but I know that hinting/hyping can get out of control at times. The only thing I know about the show is that it's somehow related to Bebop, or from the creator of that show, and that Meta has been saying for a while that it would be a good fit on toonami. I'm looking forward to watching it with all my buddies here!

One question though: when is it set to air? End of August?

Now that I'm dieting, what's a good Toonami watching snack?

I mean I snack on bacon cheddar pretzels, but I make sure to measure out my serving before hand and drink lots of water with it. If you want something you can pound down all night long then grapes, celery, or nuts are all excellent choices.

IGPX is racing
Isn't racing a sport
Kinda

Sports & Racing is usually the term, even sports people don't want to associate with racing

FUNi will mess it up confirmed

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm going in blind to M&H so I just want to take this opportunity to ask everyone to refrain from hinting and properly tag all spoilers, no matter how small they may be. This community does an excellent job in regards to these two things and there haven't been any issues (that I have come across at least) thus far but I know that hinting/hyping can get out of control at times. The only thing I know about the show is that it's somehow related to Bebop, or from the creator of that show, and that Meta has been saying for a while that it would be a good fit on toonami. I'm looking forward to watching it with all my buddies here!

Thankfully, considering it sounds like most of us haven't seen it or got very far, this shouldn't be an issue.

Though yes, when it's super mega hype moments, we tend to get a bit overboard, such as last week's Kill la Kill which didn't even SHOW the moment everyone was teasing.

Line_HTX

I thought it'll replace Final Act.

I'm with you. Sometimes people are hinting too much on shit la shit. Let others who have never seen it experience it for themselves. It kind of gets a little annoying that it doesn't stop. For the most part though, people here have self control and the hinting hardly happens.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Thankfully, considering it sounds like most of us haven't seen it or got very far, this shouldn't be an issue.

Though yes, when it's super mega hype moments, we tend to get a bit overboard, such as last week's Kill la Kill which didn't even SHOW the moment everyone was teasing.

Pray to
Jashin
that you don't spoil anything coming up, or the gods won't yet you
make some money
nor will your days be
Sunny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom