• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

• So the major takeway from Microsoft's conference were the Rare collection for $30 (GREAT deal) and the 360 BC as far as I can tell. I mean other things were there too but nothing really that caught my eye. Seems most of GAF was lukewarm on the conference as a whole after a strong start. (Forgot about Cuphead, that's an Xbone exclusive right?)
  • Curious to see how many bombs Sony drops tonight
  • Curious to see what that "big Kickstarter news" that's supposed to drop at E3. Though that might be a tomorrow thing.
  • Hard for me to make head or tails of Platnium Transformer. The trailer didn't WOW me but there certainly could be a fun game in there
Positives:
Mirrors Edge is open world
Star Wars is real
Madden now has Arena from Hearthstone
Unravel just took all the wind out of Yarn Yoshi's sails
Need for Speed looks stunning, and the FMV looks SPECIAL

Negatives:
Pele is still talking
20 mins of PvZ
Live still looks like Garbage
No mention of Criterion's GoPro game

Would have been a really good pressed without Pele or Plants. Good stuff overall though. I need Star Wars right now

A) Open World is not inherently a good thing. So many games/IPs, regardless if they should or not, are heading in an open world direction its become a bit tiresome. I'll let those who were big fans of the first Mirror's Edge discuss if this is a good move for the IP or not though.

B) How does the existence of Unravel reflect poorly on Yarn Yoshi? It's not like Yarn Yoshi was the first platformer with a yarn astethic anyway so that's not something that can be "stolen".

Jarate

Banned
sqr5D4R.jpg

Tom Clancy's Exploiting a Dead Persons Name

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Open world is NOT inherently a good thing. It takes a lot of thought and care for your map to not turn into a bunch of copy and pasted locations.

I much prefer well crafted linear games over all but the best open world ones.

Crocodile

Open world is NOT inherently a good thing. It takes a lot of thought and care for your map to not turn into a bunch of copy and pasted locations.

It should have been obvious from the rest of that sentence that the word "not" was missing (I forgot to type it in by accident - my bad). Context, how does it work :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

Agreed. It's hard to do a great open-world game & they can be done right, but I usually prefer a set path for me to take & reach. SOME alt. paths is fine, i.e "hey, you discovered a secret path, here's a little reward".

I'm still bummed out that the ONE conference I want to watch live (Nintendo), I'll have to miss live because I have class & I'm not the type to skip school over something like this, no matter how much I wanna see it. Just gonna have to stay off Twitter & Neogaf when I get home & watch the Digital Event before getting on, even if I'll be a bit late to the reaction party.

BBboy20

That was not Ghost Recon. I don't care what Doc Suess say.

Highlights so far:

Bethesda: Fallout 4
Microsoft: Cuphead
EA: The part where it ended
Ubisoft: The Fractured Butthole
LOL I made a list of the most impressive looking games made by the respective publishers and realized I didn't list one from Microsoft's event.

Super Mario Maker, Fallout 4, and Battlefront 3 have been the most stand-outs so far. I can't even think of an exclusive that wowed me and for Ubi...maybe For Honor...meeeh.

Crocodile

I'm watching the Super Mario Maker finale of the NWC and HOLY SHIT at these levels O_O

I expect a lot of broken controllers come this fall :p

Raxus

NWC is still (sadly) the highlight of this E3.

Microsoft started strong and petered out (though it had an impressive lineup)

EA...the less is said the better.

Ubisoft was at least brisk but I understand everyone's apprehension with their games all starting to feel very samey.

Things don't bode well for Sony who tend to have a glut of unnecessary stuff in the middle of their already bloated conferences.

BBboy20

NWC is still (sadly) the highlight of this E3.

Microsoft started strong and petered out (though it had an impressive lineup)

EA...the less is said the better.

Ubisoft was at least brisk but I understand everyone's apprehension with their games all starting to feel very samey.

Things don't bode well for Sony who tend to have a glut of unnecessary stuff in the middle of their already bloated conferences.
Bethesda was the most, consecutively, smoothest

Regiruler

I should just play splatoon until noon tomorrow, this forum is going to become insufferably arrogant

My own power used against me, fucking hell
Deus Vult I suppose

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Shenmue is the worst Dreamcast game I ever owned. Only played it for about an hour before I was bored out of my mind.

This conference was weirdly middle heavy. All time memorable announcements to be sure but you think you'd end with that instead of the big mass market stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom