• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny if you remove the mega hype announcements/reveals Sony really didn't show much of anything, that said those announcements were amazing even if I've no interest in the next team Ico game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Can someone please buy me a PS4? Super ultra mega turbo pretty pllleeeeaaaasssseeee?

A shame my damn internet was down JUST as Last Guardian was revealed. Really wanted to see the live reactions. Least I got to see them for FF7 Remake & Shenmue 3.

It's funny if you remove the mega hype announcements/reveals Sony really didn't show much of anything, that said those announcements were amazing even if I've no interest in the next team Ico game.

That Team Guerilla game looks great and the best thing they showed. The SF5 trailer was lame, but the beta coming out on my birthday is fucking cool. UC4 looked great as well.

Didn't care for the rest of the conference. Super hyped for Nintendo and Square Enix tomorrow, that TWEWY 2 hype is for real!

Regiruler

I expect no less than the entirety of the space trinity to show tomorrow

We already know one is going to be there, lets hope the hints for the other two are not in vain

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hype hits hard first
Then as it dissipates, the realization that nothing is coming this year hits.
Did they mention the release date of Horizon? That looks badass.

I'll still donate to Shenmue III.

I hope that at least half of what Nintendo shows tomorrow is for this year. So far there's been a severe lack of 2015 games.
As for Square-Enix... KINGDOM HEARTS III! PLEASE! If not that, then Complete Collection for PS4.

So...
Who's going to give us Half Life 3?

Crocodile

Had a feeling Shenmue 3 might be the big Kickstarter announcement. Poor Bloodstained, it only got to hold on to the title of biggest videogame Kickstarter ever for like a month at best :p

No Man's Sky looks dumb. Like what is even the point of the game

They keep showing footage of it and I keep wondering where the "game part of it is. Looks pretty though.

I agree with this. I mean clearly Sony wins E3 because of those announcements but the vast majority of the Sony Conference I'd file under "those graphics are sick but I don't care about this at all". Horizon, SFV and Uncharted all looked good though. Also LOL at no FVII gameplay - that shit is coming out in 2025.

Namco is in bed with Nintendo. Wii U Exclusive.

maxresdefault.jpg

bigkrev

Back from seeing the presser in a theater. Apart from the Big 3, do you know what got the most cheers? Destiny (kill me). 2nd largest cheers was the individual channel subscriptions in Playstation Vue (this was in Philadelphia, which already has Vue)

Biggest shock to me wasn't any of the big 3, but the fact that Square-Enix is making a Final Fantasy game for the Playstation Vita in 2016.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Back from seeing the presser in a theater. Apart from the Big 3, do you know what got the most cheers? Destiny (kill me). 2nd largest cheers was the individual channel subscriptions in Playstation Vue (this was in Philadelphia, which already has Vue)

Biggest shock to me wasn't any of the big 3, but the fact that Square-Enix is making a Final Fantasy game for the Playstation Vita in 2016.

Absolutely. It'll get localized too, which you can't guarantee for Explorers.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
This seems relevant.

http://ask.fm/Clarknova/answer/128616914409

Why do you think One Piece hasn't gotten the ratings you guys have been looking for? I've recently begun watching and think it's such a great show.

I wish I knew, I really did. I think maybe some find the deep history of the show and the art style off-putting? I love it, I wish it did better. But we're happy with what it's doing where it is currently.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's the 4kids stank. Lots of current TOONAMI fans were kids when that shit was being peddled both on and off Cartoon Network.

Grexeno

It's definitely the art style. It is very cartoony and stylized and as AoT and Death Note's success has demonstrated, there needs to be a certain level of edge for shows with no nostalgia value to succeed. That and/or it's time slot, do people really want to stay up thatlate to watch a show?
They weren't watching it when it was the 3rd show on the block.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It's definitely the art style. It is very cartoony and stylized and as AoT and Death Note's success has demonstrated, there needs to be a certain level of edge for shows with no nostalgia value to succeed. That and/or it's time slot, do people really want to stay up thatlate to watch a show?

The time slot question got addressed, they have tried it at earlier times and it didn't work. Also, filler, remember that 5 EPISODE CHARACTER RECAP?!

Moaradin

They weren't watching it when it was the 3rd show on the block.

it wasn't doing amazing but it certainly did a lot better than where it is now.

And I don't think it would have done much better if they started from episode 1. The average Toonami viewer just has shit taste :p

This is why I'm afraid of Jojo coming to Toonami. The viewers seem to want stuff like AoT and Jojo is like the complete opposite of it. American anime fans don't seem to like camp all that much.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Funny since Dragon Ball has a very similar art style to One Piece, but everyone tends to handwave that because of nostalgia and lots of action.

Dragon Ball has never, ever done well over here. It took DBZ being the most popular anime of all time to give Dragon Ball a full run on Toonami back in the day.

I was referring to the Dragon Ball franchise as a whole. Kids didn't care about the designs, they just saw dudes fighting and firing blasts and it was all that mattered.

Crocodile

Despite the fact that the Shenmue Kickstarter is going to bring in megabucks, I don't think its a particularly well put together Kickstarter.

i would pay a lot of money to hear Like A Bloody Storm on toonami

We'll probably never get last weeks version of the Stardust Crusaders opening either :/

The unpopularity of One Piece in the US also goes back to the manga scanlations. Back when there were only a few good fan translators, the one for the biggest group (Toriyama World?) loudly expressed his disdain for One Piece and refused to translate it, opting for Naruto and later Bleach instead. Thus, all of the early One Piece scanlations were done by bad groups. It also took until Kaizoku Fansubs to come along for One Piece to get decent subs while groups were falling over themselves to translate Naruto and Bleach, and we still ended up getting "nakama" out of that deal. One Piece got the short end of the stick in the US well before 4Kids got to it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The unpopularity of One Piece in the US also goes back to the manga scanlations. Back when there were only a few good fan translators, the one for the biggest group (Toriyama World?) loudly expressed his disdain for One Piece and refused to translate it, opting for Naruto and later Bleach instead. Thus, all of the early One Piece scanlations were done by bad groups. It also took until Kaizoku Fansubs to come along for One Piece to get decent subs while groups were falling over themselves to translate Naruto and Bleach, and we still ended up getting "nakama" out of that deal. One Piece got the short end of the stick in the US well before 4Kids got to it.

You may have a point but you're forgetting just how early 4kids got in on One Piece. Naruto was on for a year in Japan and Bleach had basically just started when 4kids got the rights.

Funimation is releasing Tokyo Ghoul season one in September.

Sword Art Online 2 also ends in September.

All but confirms that TG will be SAO's replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom