• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

They show all these cool design docs for Mario , and minutes later announce a book... Of "ideas to use in Mario maker"

THRY EVEN FUCKED UP BOOKS

Also, pretty clear they are all hands on deck with Phones and NX.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I think they kind of blew their load with the Mini-Direct a couple weeks ago and the NWC announcements. Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, Bravely Second, EarthBound Beginnings
Still, Mario & Luigi Paper Jam looks great, and two Fire Emblem games (even if the latter is animoooo as fuck)
No Fatal Frame though?

Crocodile

HERE'S PAPER MARIO

IT'S A FUCKING WEIRD-ASS CROSSOVER WITH MARIO & LUIGI ON THE 3DS

Looks awesome to me <3

Direct was only ok but since this is GAF its the WORST THING EVER IN HUMAN HISTORY. It's also weird that a lot of the same people who feel Nintendo should abandon the WiiU and get NX out next year are some of the same people complaining that Nintendo won't/can't announce WiiU games for 2017 :p

Jarate

Banned
Sony = Gurren Lagann
Microsoft = Deadman Wonderland
EA = Bleach
Ubisoft = Sword Art Online
Nintendo = Naruto Sleeppuden

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nintendo killed it with most of the games I want for the rest of the year.

Mario Maker, Star Fox, Fatal Frame, Co-op Zelda, Xenoblade, Yoshi, Mario Tennis.

LOLDSFAN

Lackluster Nintendo Digital Event. Sleep inducing Square Enix PC.

giphy.gif

daveo42

Banned
Not even sure what was going on in the Nintendo conference. SE actually put on a decent show with their announcements. Also big surprise with a new studio and that they'll have a game out in 2016 (yeah right).

Hashimoto for Troll of the Forever.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not even sure what was going on in the Nintendo conference. SE actually put on a decent show with their announcements. Also big surprise with a new studio and that they'll have a game out in 2016 (yeah right).

Hashimoto for Troll of the Forever.

Nintendo announced what they have for 2015 and early 2016.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OMG GUYS PLATINUM IS MAKING STAR FOX & IT'S USING SF2 ON SNES IDEAS AND THERE'S A NEW MARIO TENNIS ON CONSOLES AND THREE SWORDS ADVENTURE WITH COSTUMES AND OOMMMGGG A PAPER MARIO/MARIO & LUIGI CROSSOVER I NEVER KNEW I WANTED AND 8-BIT MARIO AMIIBO OH MAN I GOTTA GET THAT AND WOOO SMTxFE IS ACTUALLY STILL ALIVE AND WOOLLY WORLD AND XENOBLADE X FINALLY HAVE RELEASE DATES.

Geez, people act like they were gonna announce Mother 3 Remake and Half-Life 3 Kickstarter.

......though that Metroid Prime game looked more like Metroid Hunters. That was really the only thing I didn't care about.

Jarate

Banned
I think the real issue is is that all the stuff we did want was already known and all the new stuff was things that no one really wanted or was hyped about.

It wasnt painful to watch like the Ubisoft conference, but it was very boring

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
With all the insane shit that happened at Sony and SE I could've believed that for a few hours

Nah, we already knew they're working on nextgen already. They showed some of the games that'll be released between now and next E3 when they unveil NX or the new 3DS. People just seem pissed that they didn't get a megaton or 12.

Regiruler

People still uber salty about federation force

If the FF side is good, blast ball is fun, and it supports CPP I'm definitely picking it up

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Don't get me wrong, Sony still "won" because holy crap, 3 bombshells in the SAME conference in the SAME year. But man, I thought Nintendo's event was gonna be just the absolute worst, like "Wii Music presentation" levels of bad because of the dislikes being over 50% on YouTube.

.........I think it's just the fact when you compare it to the insanity that was Sony's, oh yeah, it pails in comparison, but I still saw more games that I cared about compared to Microsoft.

Though I DO wish we just had one more "big" reveal like Star Fox by Platinum, because that's gonna be awesome.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Don't get me wrong, Sony still "won" because holy crap, 3 bombshells in the SAME conference in the SAME year. But man, I thought Nintendo's event was gonna be just the absolute worst, like "Wii Music presentation" levels of bad because of the dislikes being over 50% on YouTube.

.........I think it's just the fact when you compare it to the insanity that was Sony's, oh yeah, it pails in comparison, but I still saw more games that I cared about compared to Microsoft.

Though I DO wish we just had one more "big" reveal like Star Fox by Platinum, because that's gonna be awesome.

GAF just wants megatons from these conferences. If you don't deliver that you fail, had Nintendo showed a 5 minute gameplay demo from ZeldaU at the end everyone's tune would be radically different.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, Nier by Platinum. I SHOULD be interested, as I didn't mind the small amount I played when I borrowed it from a friend, but stopped because I was getting too busy with stuff....also I was annoyed by how fishing worked & especially by how it was introduced.

I might go back to it eventually.

Also there was no The World Ends With You 2 announced so WORST CONF0RENZE EV0RZ UUUGGGHHHHH

Oh right, Nier by Platinum. I SHOULD be interested, as I didn't mind the small amount I played when I borrowed it from a friend, but stopped because I was getting too busy with stuff....also I was annoyed by how fishing worked & especially by how it was introduced.

I might go back to it eventually.

Fishing is the worst part of Nier and the way they introduce it sucks, I still don't know how it works

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Fishing is the worst part of Nier and the way they introduce it sucks, I still don't know how it works
Yeah, I think Seda explained it to me via Twitter, but the thing is, the water that you're STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO when you get the rod? THAT'S THE WRONG LOCATION. Your map says you're suppse to go to a DIFFERENT location not too far off where you obtain the fishing pole. When you go to THAT body of water, it becomes instantly easier because it contains lower level fish.

It's like being right near a dungeon or cave & someone gives you a new weapon, so you figure "well I'll go into in since I'm right near buy & my weapon should work here!" but then it turns out the monsters are 20 levels higher than you.

It's a serious design flaw. If the man who gave you the rod was right next to the body of water where you were SUPPOSE to go, then it wouldn't have been as bad, then if you tried it other locations, game could've been like "maybe you should upgrade your rod" or the player would realize he's not ready to fish there yet.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nintendo- One Piece
Square Enix - Naruto Shippuden
Sony - DBZ Kai
MS - Thundercats
Ubisoft - Beware the Batman
EA - Tenchi Muyo GXP

Yeah, I think Seda explained it to me via Twitter, but the thing is, the water that you're STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO when you get the rod? THAT'S THE WRONG LOCATION. Your map says you're suppse to go to a DIFFERENT location not too far off where you obtain the fishing pole. When you go to THAT body of water, it becomes instantly easier because it contains lower level fish.

It's like being right near a dungeon or cave & someone gives you a new weapon, so you figure "well I'll go into in since I'm right near buy & my weapon should work here!" but then it turns out the monsters are 20 levels higher than you.

It's a serious design flaw. If the man who gave you the rod was right next to the body of water where you were SUPPOSE to go, then it wouldn't have been as bad, then if you tried it other locations, game could've been like "maybe you should upgrade your rod" or the player would realize he's not ready to fish there yet.

Oh shit I forgot all about that, yeah that was stupid as hell. I was talking about the actual fishing

Jarate

Banned
I wouldnt really consider Nier to be a "good game" but its probably one of the best game experiences ever made. It's a lot like Drakengard in that regard

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I wouldnt really consider Nier to be a "good game" but its probably one of the best game experiences ever made. It's a lot like Drakengard in that regard

Nier and Drakengard a lot alike? First I've ever heard about that!

At least it's nothing like Drakengard 2, what a pile of secrets that one was.

I would put Nier and Deadly Premonition in the same boat.
They don't play great (DP is awful, frankly)
They don't look great.
But they offer such a unique experience you would be remiss to skip out on them. I'm typically a gameplay first kind of guy but Nier and Deadly Premonition are games that kind of changed my outlook on that.

Nier does some of the craziest gameplay shit I have ever seen and weaves it's story arc around NG+ and subsequent playthroughs. It's nuts.

Jarate

Banned
I would put Nier and Deadly Premonition in the same boat.
They don't play great (DP is awful, frankly)
They don't look great.
But they offer such a unique experience you would be remiss to skip out on them. I'm typically a gameplay first kind of guy but Nier and Deadly Premonition are games that kind of changed my outlook on that.

Nier does some of the craziest gameplay shit I have ever seen and weaves it's story arc around NG+ and subsequent playthroughs. It's nuts.

you wont find a bigger Deadly Premonition fan then me, and while the game was good, it didnt really push the genre that much.

Nier is probably the most ambitious titles from a major dev, and does things that push the medium in really good ways, It's one of the games i'd put up as "games as art" because it would be next to impossible to replicate those storytelling options in any other medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom