• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
Ubisoft was one of the most awkward things ive ever had the displeasure of watching. There was some cool moments, so that's why I compared it to SAO.

Nintendo was the most boring conference of all though, I liked the games they announced, but man, there was nothing there that was like "THIS IS AQ MUST PLAY GAME" it was like they decided the entire show was games we had already seen, or games that were spin offs, and while I like some spinoffs, they dont really do anything for me. That's why I compared it to Naruto, it was boring, had lots of filler, and ultimately depended on side things to get people excited

Sony was Gurren Lagann because it brought the hype, although, they shouldve saved the FF7 reveal for last. I get why people like the Uncharted game, but that did nothing for me other then, "hey an un charted game is coming out!" So maybe a sahow that blew its load way too early

Microsoft was pretty average, there was some cool things but ultimately it felt really empty and didnt really have that much substance too it. I shouldve compared it to Big O

EA was really boring, and showed nothing. Maybe a better comparison was IGPX

Square Enix was closer to Black Lagoon for me,l where they figured out what people wanted and gave it to them.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Im honestly glad they didnt bring over the ONII SAN version because I heard there was a lot of incest stuff in that version

Also, Nier has some awesome ass voice acting in it.

Baka-Gaijin that watch inferior dub anime and play dub games (I only play undub games myself) don't understand the beautiful love between a cute little sister and her strong, wiser older brother.

Jarate

Banned
Yeah, no. You don't make players play multiple times to actually get your story.

arbitrary game design choices like that hurt gaming more then NG+ stuff ever will

Baka-Gaijin that watch inferior dub anime and play dub games (I only play undub games myself) don't understand the beautiful love between a cute little sister and her strong, wiser older brother.

My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute for Toonami when?

Jarate

Banned
also, in relation to that anime, I have a story to tell all of ya'll about the depravity of the weeb

I was a part of my Junior College's gaming club mostly so I could play MTG with people. There was some cool people, but one kid was basically the most typical looking MRA guy ive ever seen. YOu know that poicture that's used as a meme of that really pimply guy who's really fat and has a greasy pony tail that's used in memes to chide at steretypical nerds, this literally looked like him. This along with quite possibly the worst voice ever invented created a man that no one really wanted to be around with. Now we are all nerds there, so we dont judge, most of us aren't good lookers, but man this guy had literally the worst opinions on earth. To put it into persepctive, he thought the One Piece dub was terrible, and said, "Spongebob was good until they tried to push gay marriage on children" so not only was this man an ugly man, he was even uglier on the inside

Well, the story continues with me jokingly bringing up My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute to one of our resident weebs, and we jokingly had a conversation about it and explained the concept to a horrified bystander. Suddenly, the monster shows up and chimes in, "you know it's really not thaaat bad since the girl pushes himself on the guy."

It was then that me and the weeb turned to him and was like WTF and he explains in detail how it was ok for an 16-adult year old male to fall in love with his little sister because the little sister, who seems to be in her early teens at the very minimum, was pushing the brother constantly.

This is the average Toonami viewer

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
also, in relation to that anime, I have a story to tell all of ya'll about the depravity of the weeb

I was a part of my Junior College's gaming club mostly so I could play MTG with people. There was some cool people, but one kid was basically the most typical looking MRA guy ive ever seen. YOu know that poicture that's used as a meme of that really pimply guy who's really fat and has a greasy pony tail that's used in memes to chide at steretypical nerds, this literally looked like him. This along with quite possibly the worst voice ever invented created a man that no one really wanted to be around with. Now we are all nerds there, so we dont judge, most of us aren't good lookers, but man this guy had literally the worst opinions on earth. To put it into persepctive, he thought the One Piece dub was terrible, and said, "Spongebob was good until they tried to push gay marriage on children" so not only was this man an ugly man, he was even uglier on the inside

Well, the story continues with me jokingly bringing up My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute to one of our resident weebs, and we jokingly had a conversation about it and explained the concept to a horrified bystander. Suddenly, the monster shows up and chimes in, "you know it's really not thaaat bad since the girl pushes himself on the guy."

It was then that me and the weeb turned to him and was like WTF and he explains in detail how it was ok for an 16-adult year old male to fall in love with his little sister because the little sister, who seems to be in her early teens at the very minimum, was pushing the brother constantly.

May god have mercy on our souls.

Treehouse stream is kinda weak this year, though I imagine that's because I don't find most of the games terribly interesting and there's only so much they can do.

ckohler

YpdSRua.jpg

InuYasha had higher numbers last week. It seems InuYasha fans didn't bother watching their own finale. Care to comment, MikeMyers?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I think the entire Gaming side needs to take a long walk right now
You'll feel better.

Wut?

I'm speechless.

Crocodile

I wonder how many "anime was a mistake".gifs/posts have been posted in the FExSMT thread :/

Nah, we already knew they're working on nextgen already. They showed some of the games that'll be released between now and next E3 when they unveil NX or the new 3DS. People just seem pissed that they didn't get a megaton or 12.

Nintendo is between a rock and a hard place. They have to move internally to NX or whatever which limits how many "coming out in 2017/2018" WiiU games they can show. Since that's what most people want to see, which is kind of fair at E3, the event was a disappointment. Of course, since its GAF, that means some people feel Nintendo injected cnacer into the eyeballs of their mothers :p

I am actually salty about that. Should've been a side note alongside something more, or at least a Super Metroid style game. Wasn't into Hunters.

That game looks shitty but I don't know why some people feel Nintendo personally offended them and besmirched the Metroid name. Lame game looks lame. Just call it a spade and move on without the rage fits.

I think the entire Gaming side needs to take a long walk right now
You'll feel better.

Seriously. Almost every thread is an embarrassment for one reason or another. I don't understand why people get so hyperbolic. You can have reactions, negative or positive, without being so.......over the top.

ckohler

Favorite female characters. New lineup promo. Blum Room from a Star Wars event at Disneyland(?). Dana reviews Detective Conan.

ComicCon cosplays chosen:

Jason will be The Lich
Gil will be Garra from Naruto

BBboy20

Heh. Funny considering I watched Japanese streams of Drakengard 3 when it was released in Japan. Guess I'll eventually get around watching these. I researched this series a year ago but eventually I focused on other things. I mean, Platinum's announcement makes me want to suffer the repetition then just watch all the good stuff. Funny enough, this song what led me, abit, only staring at the abyss that seems to be this weird yet legendary franchise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2SCBlODuOU

You know, when I was younger, I sometimes wondered if we would ever get to play as those Federation soldiers.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sooo I kind spoiled myself and watched a clip (JUST A CLIP) of a scene in Kill la Kill dubbed.
The one where Ryuko cuts off Nui's arms
I do appreciate that the dub writers took Ryuko's edgelord personality and went full throttle with it.
When Nui says "I NEEDED THOSE", in Japanese Ryuko responds "That's why I cut them off", while in English she says "That's why I cut them off dipshit"
Props to the writing team.

Nintendo's mistake was banking on games we already knew a lot about and were already excited for already to carry a show where 90% of the new announcements were things the e3 audience gave no fucks about (skylanders exclusive content, yokai watch, animal crossing party game) and/or were a bad idea to announce due to what people wanted to see for the series (animal crossing party game, metroid prime federation, m&l paper).

Yoshi's Wooly World, Fire Emblem Fate, SMt x FE, Super Mario Maker, and xenoblade chronicles x all look great, but we already know so much about most of them and/or got minimal new footage shown.

Its weird Nintendo could/should have saved stuff like Fatal Fury 5 localization, smash dlc (had it not leaked), earthbound beginnings, and smt x fe rereveal for this event instead of having them in the april direct and sunday at the NWC it would have made them cut down on boring dev talk time and given a few more bigger announcements to carry people through the lower points.

Nintendo still has lots of cool content coming over the next year, they just picked the wrong stuff to highlight today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom