• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like episode 1 and 3 of the original SAO and most of the second arc.

Those of you who don't like the time skip, you do realize that without it Aincrad would be a 50+ episode show, right? Plus its a linear time skip and nothing crazy like playing episodes out of order, with minimal flashbacks.

Except it pretty much destroys any sense of tension or claustrophobia inherent to the setting and makes all the progress feel kind of unearned. Not sure a longer arc would necessarily be a bad thing, either, considering all the different games in the series are vague outlines at best.

Raxus

Shockingly quiet for a Toonami day.

Come on people new show hype!

Show of hands on who has not seen Michiko and Hatchin before.

*raises hand*

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I just knew it's by the same director who later did Lupin III: Woman Named Fujiko Mine, which I enjoyed, so I have a feeling I should enjoy M&H as well.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Makes sense, even without the shorter block last years month of movies bombed really hard :/
Well it didn't help about half the movies were repeats.

I guess for Dec. they'll just do marathons or stick with DBZ movies. If anything, maybe the Saturday before or closest to Xmas, they'll just do a movie night then instead of the entire month.

ckohler

Shockingly quiet for a Toonami day.

Come on people new show hype!

Show of hands on who has not seen Michiko and Hatchin before.

*raises hand*

Only shows on the block I've seen are KLK and AoT. I've seen snippets of DBZ before but not much and I remember almost nothing.

Speaking of KLK,
this Saturday has more beatings, doesn't it?

Not really.
This is the 'one month later' episode.

daveo42

Banned
Echoing what others have said, loved the ending to Stardust Crusaders. Shed a few manly tears.

tumblr_nkqdrl9Bgh1qaj7wxo1_500.jpg

Sorry for double post but:

http://ask.fm/Clarknova/answer/128794093801

I guess that's that.

Not super disappointed by this. Most movie nights did poor and marathons of popular shows seem to be better. Agreed we will probably see more DBZ movie stuff at least because it's so popular.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
"Good" news, everyone! SAO's schedule has been fixed.

Tonight on Toonami, the Ginyu Force arrives to take back Vegeta's dragon balls and Team Vegeta takes on Guldo and his Stand, the Elite Four and Nudist Beach team up to take down the Covers that have overrun Japan in the wake of Satsuki and Ryuko's defeat against Ragyo, Hana Morenos has been living under the oppressive rule of her foster family in a church in the middle of nowhere dreaming of the day that someone rides down that long and dusty road to save her: a day she believes will never come, Kirito and Sinon set a trap for Death Gun, Naruto's terrible filler arc finally comes to an end, in flashback form we learn a thing or two about Rob Lucci's idea of Justice, and finally Eren manages to knock himself out.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 28 - The Countdown to Battle Begins! Enter, The Ginyu Force!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 29 - First Up for the Ginyu Force! Guldo’s Time Freeze!
12:30 - KILL la KILL - 19 - Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head
1:00 - Michiko e Hatchin - 1 - Farewell, Cruel Paradise!
1:30 - Sword Art Online II - 12 - Bullet of a Phantom
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 71 - My Friend
2:30 - One Piece - 305 - Shivering Past! Dark Justice and Rob Lucci!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 12 - Wound: The Struggle for Trost, Part 8

daveo42

Banned
Hope to make it in time for Michiko to Hatchin tonight at least. It'll be interesting to see first timers experience with the show.

Cant believe SAO2 is only halfway over. Feels like its been going on for so long.

Only half-way? At least that means we only have 3-ish months of SAO2 left. ;_;

Jarate

Banned
anyone here playing Heavensward, and if so, what servers are you on

I really wanna bro-op it up with someone, but all of my friends either dont have the dosh, or dont want to play it or are on different servers

Im on Leviathin btw

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, that's....weird. Bang Zoom is a different VA company from Funimation. The only thing I can think of is "Hey so Bang Zoom is helping dub Eva 3.33".

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
To put it into prospective, here's all the Adult Swim & Toonami shows they've worked on:

- Blue Exorcist
- Durarara
- IGPX
- Kill la Kill
- SAO
- Samurai Champloo
- Gurren Lagann
- Eureka 7
- S-cry-ED

They're more post-production, but have worked with Viz, Sentai, Aniplex, & Manga Entertainment in providing voices.

Jarate

Banned
Also, been watching a new anime called Kingdom which is about the Spring and Autumn period of ancient china

It's a pretty standard shonen anime, although im absolutely in love with the Chinese time period (chinese history GOAT) that makes heavy use of CGI (not very well imo)

It'd be a nice fit for Toonami, but I doubt it'll ever get a dub. The CGI would probably make it really hard to dub :/

It makes me really wish for a good 3 Kingdoms anime though. It's a shame that it hasnt been done well yet, but considering how amazing some of the Chinese dramas are, it could work incredibly well, although, im sure there's not enough waifus in it too make it happen nowadays.

If I ever do run a friday night Toonami Gaf Toonami, I'll prolly run that Chinese show lol.

Historical Time Periods that Need Anime Power Rankings

1. Epic of Gilgamesh Ancient Sumeria
2. Rome's Eventual turn itno a Monarchy
3. Charlemagne's Rise
4. Alexander the Greats Rise
5. Ghengkis Khan's Invasion
6. American Revolution
7. French Revolution
8. Rise of Muhammed and his Empire (unfortunately will never happen)
9. Beowulf, Northern Europe
10. WW1 (might be too early, but characters arent villafied like WW1)
12. Ancient Jews rise to power
12. Probably a shit ton of stuff im missing cause I made this list off the top of my head
13. America Losing to a pirate group in a
9001. American's invasion of the Phillipines

Also, been watching a new anime called Kingdom which is about the Spring and Autumn period of ancient china

It's a pretty standard shonen anime, although im absolutely in love with the Chinese time period (chinese history GOAT) that makes heavy use of CGI (not very well imo)

It'd be a nice fit for Toonami, but I doubt it'll ever get a dub. The CGI would probably make it really hard to dub :/

It makes me really wish for a good 3 Kingdoms anime though. It's a shame that it hasnt been done well yet, but considering how amazing some of the Chinese dramas are, it could work incredibly well, although, im sure there's not enough waifus in it too make it happen nowadays.

If I ever do run a friday night Toonami Gaf Toonami, I'll prolly run that Chinese show lol.

Historical Time Periods that Need Anime Power Rankings

1. Epic of Gilgamesh Ancient Sumeria
2. Rome's Eventual turn itno a Monarchy
3. Charlemagne's Rise
4. Alexander the Greats Rise
5. Ghengkis Khan's Invasion
6. American Revolution
7. French Revolution
8. Rise of Muhammed and his Empire (unfortunately will never happen)
9. Beowulf, Northern Europe
10. WW1 (might be too early, but characters arent villafied like WW1)
12. Ancient Jews rise to power
12. Probably a shit ton of stuff im missing cause I made this list off the top of my head
13. America Losing to a pirate group in a
9001. American's invasion of the Phillipines

A lot of those would be cool...and also total flops. A lot of those would be hard to sell even in America.

Kingdom is great manga, I love it a lot, anime not so much. The CGI is so, so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom