• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squalor

It's odd how very few reviews have mentioned these technical issues...

The game is still in the 90s on Metacritic.

That's some bad journalism.
I hear the PS4 version is perfect in every way possible. I just hope they acknowledge the problems with the PC version.
Oh, maybe that explains it. I thought people were saying all versions were messed up.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think we know what an upcoming Game Review will be.

I hear the PS4 version is perfect in every way possible. I just hope they acknowledge the problems with the PC version.

Oh, maybe that explains it. I thought people were saying all versions were messed up.

As far as I know it's just the PC version. All the reviewers played the PS4 version from what I hear. If I had a PS4 I'd totally buy it for that and forsake the PC version.

bigkrev

It's odd how very few reviews have mentioned these technical issues...

The game is still in the 90s on Metacritic.

That's some bad journalism.

The PC version of the game has only 1 review on Metacritic right now.. All reviews were for the PS4 version, which has zero technical issues.
The main issue for the PC version is that it's locked at 30 FPS (inexcusable in 2015), has hiccups that happen any time the Batmobile is involved, and super limited graphics options. Hell, the Texture Quality has only 2 options right now- "Low" and "Normal"! It also does not work with SLI/Crossfire configurations.

The 3 previous Batman games were requirement intensive, but otherwise amazing versions of the games. If you had the horsepower, the games rewarded you.

Jarate

Banned
screenshot2015-06-23aezs3g.png

cP6DsV4.gif

WE PING PONG NOW

Started Fairy Tail and...it's not bad. Put the first episode on as background noise while I did some chores around the house and ended up liking what I saw. I feel like this show would have been perfect for the FoxBox or 4kids TV had it come out a decade ago but I'm not so sure it would do well on toonami. It seems like the show skews kinda young but I like the world and characters so far.

EDIT: grammar, damn autocorrect

Started Fairy Tail and...it's not bad. Put the first episode on as background noise while I did some chores around the house and ended up liking what I saw. I feel like this show would have been perfect for the FoxBox or 4kids TV had it come out a decade ago but I'm not so sure it would so well on toonami. It seems like the show skews kinda young but I like the world and characters so far.

The FUNimation dub announcement was specifically done in the style of a Toonami commercial (this was before Toonami came back).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Started Fairy Tail and...it's not bad. Put the first episode on as background noise while I did some chores around the house and ended up liking what I saw. I feel like this show would have been perfect for the FoxBox or 4kids TV had it come out a decade ago but I'm not so sure it would so well on toonami. It seems like the show skews kinda young but I like the world and characters so far.

It's not bad, its pretty good early on. Until you notice each arc has the exact same pacing and plot points as every other arc. It's like an episode of House.

It's not bad, its pretty good early on. Until you notice each arc has the exact same pacing and plot points as every other arc. It's like an episode of House.

So far it seems like One Piece-lite. My main concern is how they'll make the combat interesting because that first fight was lame.

Squalor

I had to quit Fairy Tail around the fortieth episode.

It had already been a slog, anyway.

One Piece-lite is too kind.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So far it seems like One Piece-lite. My main concern is how they'll make the combat interesting because that first fight was lame.

The fights never get better. If you didn't like the first arc then just drop it because everything else is basically a reskin of it.

Puruzi

Banned
I finally got into One Piece proper, and I straight blazed through 60 eps in a day and a half. Holy shit it's actually fucking great.

Started Fairy Tail and...it's not bad. Put the first episode on as background noise while I did some chores around the house and ended up liking what I saw. I feel like this show would have been perfect for the FoxBox or 4kids TV had it come out a decade ago but I'm not so sure it would do well on toonami. It seems like the show skews kinda young but I like the world and characters so far.

EDIT: grammar, damn autocorrect

FUNimation dubbed it the way they did to offer it to a kids network, iirc.

Butttttttttttt, it obviously got turned down.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, only 41k less than KlK for M&H? AND MORE VIEWERS THAN SAO2.

I am pleased with these ratings. I sure hope M&H stays in the millions if not at least for a few more episodes. Hopefully DeMarco is happy considering it's not as big of a name compared to everything else on the block.

Also wow, SOOOOO close to Shippuden being million & having quadtriple million in one night.

Remember when everyone thought M&H would bomb? It's summer dudes.
& I'm so glad it didn't.

daveo42

Banned
Nice to see M&H do so well in its first week. I hope that trend continues. More surprising KLK is beating out Kai, though that might be based on some follow up from the insane ending the previous week along with Nonon and Mako Nudist Beach wear.

i blame guldo

I can get behind this idea. The weakest link of the Ginyu Force. Plus, it's his fault the pose is all out of whack.

Wow, only 41k less than KlK for M&H? AND MORE VIEWERS THAN SAO2.

I am pleased with these ratings. I sure hope M&H stays in the millions if not at least for a few more episodes. Hopefully DeMarco is happy considering it's not as big of a name compared to everything else on the block.

Also wow, SOOOOO close to Shippuden being million & having quadtriple million in one night.

& I'm so glad it didn't.

Obviously we need to see more then 1 week but if M&H can average more then 1 million for its whole run then its a huge win for DeMarco

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Surprise, July 4 is Batman night, with Arkham Knight review & nothing but Beware the Batman airing mwahahahahahhaha

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I still need to get volumes 1, 2, & 10 since I got 3 through 9 of Black Lagoon on sale via used game store/rental place for about $30. Just sucks I can't buy them from one seller for a decent price since shipping adds up due to different retailers.

At the very least, I want the first two volumes so I can actually TOUCH the volumes I bought a month or so ago. Hate reading out of order.

Jarate

Banned
Wonder why DBZ fell so much, but I guess this was probably the worst of the Ginyu force fights.

We'll see if DBZ is doing bad next week with Recoome fight, who is a lot more popular then the Chioatzu of the Ginyu Force

Line_HTX

So, this means that in addition to the early Ginyu Force parts before Goku arrives where people found it boring, more people watched Piccolo- I MEAN, Adrian Peterson- I MEAN, Ragyo spank Satsuki's ass incessantly in a creepy face than anything else.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kill la Kill to now be the Midnight now due to popularity, Kai bumped to 12:30.

Another Kill la Kill marathon for July 4th due to being most popular show

Seda

So SAOII and M&H end dates shift back a day. KLK's doesnt move (based on Akame ga Kill's August 8 start) but indicates that the episode 25 OVA will not air.

SAOII and AoT end on the same day now. Still have labor day though to mess things up.

Kill La Kill: August 1st
Sword Art Online II: September 19th
Attack On Titan: September 19th
Michiko & Hatchin: November 21th
Akame ga Kill!: January 16th, 2016
Dragon Ball Z Kai: ~2018
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom