• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh snap, SAO2 AND AoT both end 2 days before my B-day. Those are probably gonna be the best gifts I get this year.

So SAOII and M&H end dates shift back a day. KLK's doesnt move (based on Akame ga Kill's August 8 start) but indicates that the episode 25 OVA will not air.

SAOII and AoT end on the same day now. Still have labor day though to mess things up.

Kill La Kill: August 1st
Sword Art Online II: September 19th
Attack On Titan: September 19th
Michiko & Hatchin: November 21th
Akame ga Kill!: January 16th, 2016
Dragon Ball Z Kai: ~2018
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Are there any hour long shows that they might attempt to squeeze into the block with two shows ending the same day? Only thing I can think of is if they wanted to show F/Z that would be the perfect opportunity to air it's first stupid long episode then throw Space Dandy or some other cheap rerun at the end.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, yeah, you had...what, tennis, football ONLINE ONLY, and then the "sport" of Go.

One would think the football based anime would do well (on actual TV & not online exclusive in the early 2000s when the internet was still rather new with video content) in the country where the #1 sport is football....or baseball.........or mud wrestling, I don't know, I don't follow sports...

Line_HTX

Well, yeah, you had...what, tennis, football ONLINE ONLY, and then the "sport" of Go.

One would think the football based anime would do well (on actual TV & not online exclusive in the early 2000s when the internet was still rather new with video content) in the country where the #1 sport is football....or baseball.........or mud wrestling, I don't know, I don't follow sports...

As much as I love Eyeshield 21 as the only football anime, I'd prefer the real football as the anime logic kind of stretches things a little much, hahaha. Like there are things that definitely won't fly in a real game broadcast. :p

Fictional shows about real sports really don't do that well in the US as a whole, probably because we can just watch the real thing 99% of the time

ckohler

zVAiAPL.png

YmyWM9G.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
From what I've seen of their Doraemon dub, it's rather decent, though the random "Americanizations" can be weird, but for a kids show, they did alright, & I'm sure they wouldn't have to do much to Yo-Kai Watch as well in terms of content (aside from "we need to American this").

Raxus

Michiko e Hatchin now has more viewers than its entire run in Japan I am guessing.

So close to a quint million. Glad to see Toonami lives.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So SAOII and M&H end dates shift back a day. KLK's doesnt move (based on Akame ga Kill's August 8 start) but indicates that the episode 25 OVA will not air.

SAOII and AoT end on the same day now. Still have labor day though to mess things up.

Kill La Kill: August 1st
Sword Art Online II: September 19th
Attack On Titan: September 19th
Michiko & Hatchin: November 21th
Akame ga Kill!: January 16th, 2016
Dragon Ball Z Kai: ~2018
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Like One Piece will ever end

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Should've had the people who did the One Piece rap do the Yo-Kai Watch OP.

YO KAI! YO KAI YOOO KKAAAIIIII.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Isn't the Japanese opening of Yokai Watch about poop? Or is that the ending? I know there's a Yokai Watch song about poop.

Should have been on Cartoon Network. Pair it with Pokemon for the Japanese Monster Hour

Modern day CN promoting a new untested anime IP along with one of their staple tent-pole anime franchises?

Never in a million years.
It would have been stuck at 6 in the morning on Fridays.

Line_HTX

Doraemon dub has JYB and Suguha's VA, plus they Americanized the character names right? At least they didn't completely butcher the localization like other kids anime, I hope?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Doraemon is also played by Izzy from Digimon, which I'll never stop finding rather humorous because I just imagine Izzy yelling at his friends.

& looking at the names, they were handled well. Nobita Nobi is now Noby Nobi, Shizuka Minamoto is Sue Morris (eeh, least it's a reference to her US VA, Cassandra Morris), and Takashi "Gian" Goda's nickname is "Big G". Though the biggest change was from Hidetoshi Dekisugi to Ace Goody (uh, okay).

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Doraemon is also played by Izzy from Digimon, which I'll never stop finding rather humorous because I just imagine Izzy yelling at his friends.

& looking at the names, they were handled well. Nobita Nobi is now Noby Nobi, Shizuka Minamoto is Sue Morris (eeh, least it's a reference to her US VA, Cassandra Morris), and Takashi "Gian" Goda's nickname is "Big G". Though the biggest change was from Hidetoshi Dekisugi to Ace Goody (uh, okay).

That is something that Toonami was always good at yet never get the praise, anime was allowed to be anime on Toonami, it was allowed to be as Japanese as it anted to be.

Because, God forbid, if kids hear names that sound foreign and are hard-to-pronounce, they'll change the channel.

I felt nostalgic and watched a whole bunch of promos/commercials from the Heyday of Toonami on YouTube. Brought back so many memories. Toonami was my shit. Ah, to be a kid again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom