• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doraemon is also played by Izzy from Digimon, which I'll never stop finding rather humorous because I just imagine Izzy yelling at his friends.

(Minor Digimon Frontier spoilers)
Izzy's voice actor being the same one as Lucemon still bothers me. That whole arc sucked in general but that really annoyed me.

bigkrev

Eh, I don't have any problems with the Yokai Watch theme song. It's a show designed to sell merchandise to children- you shouldn't be judging it as an adult.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, I don't have any problems with the Yokai Watch theme song. It's a show designed to sell merchandise to children- you shouldn't be judging it as an adult.

Even for kids, it's pretty insulting to the audience's intelligence. Even the One Piece rap had more creative lyrics.

That excuse really doesn't fly when the majority of us still watch these shows and buy the things they're selling :p

Jarate

Banned
Honestly if IO was to rank anime OP's it would be

1. Fist of the North Star Opener 1
9001. Everything else

There is no better opener then YOU WA SHOCK!

prove me wrong

Yu Yu Hakusho English opener is awesome, but I'd still take YOU WA SHOCK over it

Even for kids, it's pretty insulting to the audience's intelligence. Even the One Piece rap had more creative lyrics.

lol

Dreamin', don't give it up Luffy
Dreamin', don't give it up Zolo
Dreamin', don't give it up Nami
Dreamin', don't give it give it up give it up give it up give it up give it NO!
Here's how the story goes we find out
About a Treasure in the Grand Line
Theres no doubt, The pirate whose eye is on it
He'll sing I'll be King of the Pirates
I'm gonna be king
Ya-yo, ya-yo, ya-yo, ho-ho
His name is Luffy
That's Monkey D. Luffy
Gonna be king of the pirates!
He's made of rubber - (female singers) how did that happen?
Yo-ho-ho he took a bite of Gum Gum
Ya-yo, ya-yo
His name's Zolo, He's just like a samurai
And a L-A-D-Y Nami's not shy
The pirate crew coming through, doin' their thing,
With the king of the pirates, he's gonna be king!
Ya-yo, ya-yo, ya-yo, hoo-hoo
Set sail for One Piece, it's the name of the treasure in the Grand Line!
Ya-yo, ya-yo
Set sail for One Piece!

There is nothing creative about this, it is a straightforward telling of the plot with an A-B A-B rhyme structure a child could write.

Wait you dont want this on toonami? JoJo's great though...

JoJo not being on Toonami at all is a small price to pay to not disgrace the series by cutting its god tier OPs.

the American cable television system needs to get its handling of commercials together before we are worthy

BBboy20

*playing Arkham Knight*
giphy.gif

*finding about the stuff surrounding it and the lack of challenges*
tumblr_nq3oa8gTfV1solxeko1_500.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The game got delayed twice, and the PC version still ended up a mess.
It really shows how all the effort went into the PS4 version.
If you're going to half-ass it, why even make a PC version in the first place?

BBboy20

The game got delayed twice, and the PC version still ended up a mess.
It really shows how all the effort went into the PS4 version.
If you're going to half-ass it, why even make a PC version in the first place?
Apparently this Iron Galaxy dev made it and apparently has a reputable history. Maybe Big Business is just being Big Business because sure as hell didn't notice the Steam Refund.

Jintor

I felt nostalgic and watched a whole bunch of promos/commercials from the Heyday of Toonami on YouTube. Brought back so many memories. Toonami was my shit. Ah, to be a kid again.

unfortunately we're all squids now

real talk: the 4kids One Piece OP is legit, pity about pretty much everything else

Raxus

End of the Works was an okay opening until everything came together at the end and blew everyone's minds.

The final version is friggen great.

Moaradin

Loved all the little references in End of the World. Was totally oblivious to them until they finally made sense to me. All the changes towards the end were great too.

Loved all the little references in End of the World. Was totally oblivious to them until they finally made sense to me. All the changes towards the end were great too.

Jotaro's
slight finger twitch when it zooms in on each character caught in The World is fucking great.

Jarate

Banned
Jojo for Toonami needs to happen since all the OPs are pretty awesome, and if it does come, I could see it being the 12 show if DBZ starts to slip more

Jojo for Toonami needs to happen since all the OPs are pretty awesome, and if it does come, I could see it being the 12 show if DBZ starts to slip more

It gets beaten by kill la kill 1 week and now its slipping? Calm yourself Jarate DBZ Kai is going nowhere

Jarate

Banned
It gets beaten by kill la kill 1 week and now its slipping? Calm yourself Jarate DBZ Kai is going nowhere

DBZ has been getting lower ratings for a while, although we haven't had Goku in a while so that may be the reason, show consistently outperformed every other show for a while, and now its starting to fall in line wifh the other shows

I dont think it's likely, but Jojo has a huge amount of hype for it

So, the schedule appears on the backdoor now. It looks like there will be no premieres of Kai on the 4th.

WHICH MEANS...........episode 30 of Kai will run 3 times.

DBZ has been getting lower ratings for a while, although we haven't had Goku in a while so that may be the reason, show consistently outperformed every other show for a while, and now its starting to fall in line wifh the other shows

I dont think it's likely, but Jojo has a huge amount of hype for it

Here are the last 8 weeks, only looking at DBZ Kai and KLK

June 20th

12:00 AM Dragon Ball Z Kai 1,157,000
12:30 AM Kill la Kill 1,180,000

June13th

12:00 AM Dragon Ball Z Kai 1,383,000
12:30 AM Kill la Kill 1,138,000

June 6th

12:00 AM Dragon Ball Z Kai 1,261,000
12:30 AM Kill la Kill 1,201,000

May 30th

12:00 AM Dragon Ball Z Kai 1,385,000
12:30 AM Kill la Kill 1,077,000

May 23rd (Memorial day weekend KLK marathon)

12:00 AM Dragon Ball Z Kai 1,330,000
12:30 AM Kill la Kill 978,000

May 16th

12:00 AM Dragon Ball Z Kai 1,163,000
12:30 AM Kill la Kill 1,015,000

May 9th

12:00 AM Dragon Ball Z Kai 1,403,000
12:30 AM Kill la Kill 1,145,000

May 2nd

12:00 AM Dragon Ball Z Kai 1,266,000
12:30 AM Kill la Kill 1,058,000

And if we go one weekend back DBZ Kai was at 1,636,000 but I'll stick with 8 just for my average :p

Kai over the past 8 weeks has averaged 1,293,500 viewers which is around what Bleach averaged when it lead the block at midnight for years. Kai has not been getting lower ratings for awhile it's been doing very well. Yes it had a few 1.6+ million weeks, but those were abnormal and dominate the top 5 highest ratings for a single show since new Toonami began.

By comparison Kill La Kill the second highest rated show (only looking at it's 12:30 showings ignore the marathon) has averaged 1,099,000 over the past 8 weeks. Not once in that run did it ever beat Kai's average ratings. Hell for giggles I'll take out the 12:30 rerun night from the average and put in the last week of April the only week KLK would have beaten Kai's average (1,356,000) and that only boosts the average to 1,146,250 which is still lower then any one week of Kai. Remind you the night KLK did 1,356,000 Kai did 1,636,000.

Any way you look at it your comment that Kai is slipping makes no sense. The stretch from late February to April where Kai did 1.4~1.6 million a night was the show doing exceptionally above expectations. That stretch was the highest stretch of any show in the history of new toonami outdoing and stretch of Bleach, to expect ratings that high consistently is foolish. What we've seen in the past 2 months is far more normal ratings for Kai. If we start seeing Kai do below 1 million for 4-6 weeks straight then we can talk about Kai slipping and at that point Toonami is DOOMED.

http://ask.fm/SentaiFilmworks/answer/127885804509

Is there really going to be an English Dub of Parasyte the Maxim?

I guess it's okay to say that YES, there will definitely be an English dub for Parasyte. When it releases is still up in the air due to some recent developments, but when it does you can look forward to that dub. Thanks!

SPECULATE!

Funimation's summer simulcast list is going to be their biggest one yet.

https://www.facebook.com/FUNimation...63889783480/10153022493733481/?type=1&theater

bRa891K.jpg

Super or bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom