• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: Damn it Seda.

CNyk03X.gif

Regiruler

So literally nothing changed
Jojo needs to happen, who here hasnt seen Jojo yet?
I'm confused as to what jojo actually is. The manga is super long running and yet not at the same time, right? Like it's split up into multiple different manga or something, and the series' signature power was only introduced in the third one?

But somehow the anime is recent despite the manga being so old?

Hunter x Hunter needs to get licensed in west before it even has a chance of coming to Toonami. But man HxH would be around three years of greatness for Toonami, though watching it weekly was rough because of the weird pacing towards the middle of its longest arc and just impatience to find out what happens next.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So literally nothing changed
I'm confused as to what jojo actually is. The manga is super long running and yet not at the same time, right? Like it's split up into multiple different manga or something, and the series' signature power was only introduced in the third one?

But somehow the anime is recent despite the manga being so old?
Correct. Up until Part 6, each one was loosly connected, i.e in Part 2, it's the grandson of Part 1's MC, then the same thing for Part 3 but with the bonus of having Part 1's main villain return.

Part 3 introduced Stands & became a staple ever since.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Naaaahhh, if we get a "battle royale" anime, Sentai will provide us with BTOOOM!. It's Battle Royale but all the weapons are GRENADES AND EXPLOSIONS.

Crocodile

Future Diary is terrible but its fucked up enough that it would fill these threads with reaction gifs. (i.e. a good group watch). Fate/Stay Night is just boring as fuck, had to drop it quick :/

What a good question. If only there was some sort of panel where questions like these could have been asked. Thank goodness for social media for trying to get to the hard truths :p

Super is far from a sure thing. Crystal and JoJo are probably the next two shows we get.

Super like Kai will eventually air on Toonami even if its not till years later. Eventually nobody will care about its rights and AS will get it.

Why do so many people want Fairy Tale? It's so generic and one-note it hurts.

This is the same audience that averaged over 1 million to watch Bleach every week and love SAO

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You guys keep saying battle royale and all I can think of is Battle Royale.
I read the original novel (twice) that later inspired the movie (watched) & the manga (read).

I remember in high school (I think senior year?) I did a book report on Battle Royale & I decided to show a clip of the movie as a "let's compare scenes from the book to the movie!" via my PSP connected to the TV.

Kind of amazed I was allowed to get away with that.

Raxus

Future Diary would make for a glorious group watch.

I am shocked people don't realize this. Even if you think the series is garbage (and that statement has merit) it goes so gloriously off the rails with one of the ultimate yanderes that it makes one of the best group watches since Dead Man Wonderland.

JoJo, Future Diary, High School of the Dead (not going to happen) and, heck, even Akame ga Kill may be great group watches.

Akame ga Kill goes pretty flat pretty quick but Future Diary and JoJo would be pretty great groupwatches, for different reasons.

High School of the Dead is hilariously ridiculous but we aren't getting that

Raxus

Things that happen in Future Diary (***SPOILERS OF COURSE!***)

• Our main character's weapon of choice is darts
  • A superhero wannabe sentai team with bags over their head
  • A 5 year old killer who MAILS GAS TO HIMSELF
  • Mmmmm, that's good yaoi
  • One of the most insane twists ever

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's been a while since I've seen/read the series, but I would say that Future Diary is an enjoyable kind of bad. Like, I would GLADLY take it over SAO any day.

Plus come on, it's got Yuno, one of the most well-known yanderes in anime.

Now how long until we have to wait to find out what's replacing SAO2 in Sept.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom