• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

I imagine we'll get DBS one day, but I don't know if Toonami could afford premiering it.

Funimation hasn't even announced that they have the rights yet.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I imagine we'll get DBS one day, but I don't know if Toonami could afford premiering it.

Funimation hasn't even announced that they have the rights yet.

Somebody is going to snap that up, Dragon Ball Super is worth much in the way of money.

Part of me wants JoJo to come so I can stop reading the begging for it every other page, but part of me doesn't want it to come so I can laugh at the rage when Fairy Tail gets picked up instead.

Haters gonna hate.

And well
Just finished EoE
Holy Shit.

I'm sorry you had to experience that.

Here. Have a drink.
YUhqpNw.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
And well
Just finished EoE
Holy Shit.

Man, why did you go and watch that? Did you think we were kidding about
Shinji jerking off over Asuka's unconscious body while she lay in the hospital
? We could have saved you a bunch of trouble dude, go get drunk and try to forget.

Very near-future DBZ spoilers

Man Guldo has to be the most worthless villain of all time. Dude has the ability to literally stop time as long as he can hold his breath and still ends up decapitated by Vegeta. Shit, my power level would probably be negative 12 in their universe but even I could figure out how to beat up some bald midget and a child in that time.

Part of me wants JoJo to come so I can stop reading the begging for it every other page, but part of me doesn't want it to come so I can laugh at the rage when Fairy Tail gets picked up instead.

Haters gonna hate.

Fairy Tail is kind of boned by the fact we already have 3 mega long shonen series on the block. Especially with the shortened 12-3:30 block hard to think they'd make 4 of their 7 slots super long running shonen.

It'll be on Toonami eventually, but probably not till DBZ Kai ends it's run

BBboy20

And well
Just finished EoE
Holy Shit.

I'm sorry you had to experience that.

Here. Have a drink.
YUhqpNw.gif

Ugh, I hated EoE. I mean, I dislike Evangelion as a whole, but EoE is just blatantly offensive.

EoE is a masterpiece.

Man, why did you go and watch that? Did you think we were kidding about
Shinji jerking off over Asuka's unconscious body while she lay in the hospital
? We could have saved you a bunch of trouble dude, go get drunk and try to forget.
wpK2BhA.gif

Crocodile

I just learned that Block Blockade Battlefront is only 12 episodes.

Please be a split cour anime.

It's not but given how well the DVDs/Blu-Ray and manga (since the anime) have been selling, it seems likely another season will be greenlit. You may have to wait a year+ though.

Haters gonna hate.

I mean if you legit dislike Jojo and like Fairy Tail after having given both shows a fair chance that's fine but do you really want to have mediocre shows on Toonami for the sake of schedfradue?

I mean if you legit dislike Jojo and like Fairy Tail after having given both shows a fair chance that's fine but do you really want to have mediocre shows on Toonami for the sake of schedfradue?

I don't dislike JoJo, I just get tired of hearing about it, kind of like Justin Beiber. My bashing is pure hyperbole. I've never seen Fairy Tail since Bass keeps telling me to hold off but everyone describes it as a mediocre shonen and we all know those are my favorites haha.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You could just....ya know.......not watch it. & do something else while the others comment during a show they want to watch.

I mean, I don't care for Shippuden, but I'm not forcing myself to watch it & I just let you guys discuss it while I find something else to do until OP is on because why should I be the wet blanket when people want to watch the show. Nobody is forcing you to watch every single show Toonami airs, that's your own choice.

You could just....ya know.......not watch it. & do something else while the others comment during a show they want to watch.

I mean, I don't care for Shippuden, but I'm not forcing myself to watch it & I just let you guys discuss it while I find something else to do until OP is on because why should I be the wet blanket when people want to watch the show. Nobody is forcing you to watch every single show Toonami airs, that's your own choice.

1. JoJo isn't coming anytime soon so this isn't a problem

2. Of course I won't watch it if I don't like it, just like I'm not watching this Naruto filler. I can still complain about it though just like everyone who whines about SAO but tunes in every week.

Puruzi

Banned

But that's boooring
Let me hate Jojos in peace.
Also, a couple of people not wanting it isn't going to stop it from coming, so it's alright to say that you don't want it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
But that's boooring
Let me hate Jojos in peace.
Also, a couple of people not wanting it isn't going to stop it from coming, so it's alright to say that you don't want it.
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying "Stop disliking what I like!" Go ahead, we're all gonna have different opinions no matter what.

It just feels like whenever a person doesn't want a show on Toonami, they're gonna be forced into watching it if it actually DOES air. Not saying it specifically towards you, just seems to be something I notice from time to time with us. I'm probably guilty of it at least once.

I mean, if something like, say, Fairy Tail somehow does get on Toonami in the future, I'm just gonna shrug & be all "welp, guess it's a show I can skip and do something else until another show is on".

Crocodile

I don't dislike JoJo, I just get tired of hearing about it, kind of like Justin Beiber. My bashing is pure hyperbole. I've never seen Fairy Tail since Bass keeps telling me to hold off but everyone describes it as a mediocre shonen and we all know those are my favorites haha.

Fair. I guess it doesn't bother me because I find Jojo very enjoyable. I will say I don't think seeing a lot of people wanting a show would bother me unless I personally disliked the show so it surprises me a bit that it bothers you since you appear indifferent at worst to Jojo but that's just my opinion - not trying to throw shade your way.

As for Fairy Tail, I don't know if its outright bad but what little I saw of it never rose above mediocre and l've seen basically nobody really praise it. I want more shows that make me excited to watch Toonami and I personally feel we are a bit thin in that regard with the current line-up. So I can't say Fairy Tail would make me hype.

JoJo is replacing either SAO or Michiko & Hatchin. There is no chance it isn't on the block within at least a year.

I agree that's likely but you don't "know" that so you can't speak like you do.

Also, I've been meaning to ask for a while, what the fuck is your new avatar?

Seda

might be looking into this too much

whatever the block schedule is, just post what you want, when you want, as long as you arent slinging insults or something and follow TOS rules.

probably shouldnt be like lazybones and linewalk troll all the time tho

of course there will be majority opinions and you probably wont fall into that all the time, so feel free to voice dislikes or defenses. it's more interesting to discuss with people who disagree with you anyway (as long as they're willing to have a conversation)

jojo talk is expected based on 1) news of a dub premiering at cons 2) it seemingly fits the block quite well 3) is generally well-liked

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I will say that I understand where Gucci is coming from, entering a thread where you feel indifferent to the topic, but it keeps being brought up & you wish it'd be about something else. I usually just wait it out or post about something else to see if people want to talk about it, but his argument is still valid.

Also yeah, what Seda said.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Trouble with Fate/Zero is the first episode's run time & I think most viewers would be turned off by PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT HOLY GRAIL WAR PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT SERVANTS BEING SUMMONED PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT THESE ARE OUR CHARACTERS PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT PLOT okay episode's done, we promise there won't be as much plot dump in the following episodes.

It's been said before, but even those who enjoyed the series have said the first episode is a HUGE exposition dump and setting stuff up, making it hard to sit through, especially being double the length of a normal episode. But the rest of the series is much better since they get all the story set up and all that in the first episode.

Though granted, it's pretty much the last Aniplex show that would really fit (aside from Fate/Stay Night), but it's hard to say if the average viewer will stay after so much talking & little action, especially late at night.

I think I feel the same way about F/Z (& Fate/Stay) as I do with Ghost in the Shell; I KNOW it's a good series and I can appreciate it for what it is, but the constant talking & such make it hard for me to fully enjoy it when I know it has its moments.

Seda

As for the purposes of this thread, I don't think a lone exposition dump episode is that big a deal. I'm sure somebody can make a clarifying post to highlight what's important and the story premise and such.

As for the average toonami viewer, well, who cares about the average toonami viewer :v

As for the purposes of this thread, I don't think a lone exposition dump episode is that big a deal. I'm sure somebody can make a clarifying post to highlight what's important and the story premise and such.

As for the average toonami viewer, well, who cares about the average toonami viewer :v

Adult Swim probably cares as if the casual audience doesn't bite then they don't make money.

Considering people are willing to put up with the shit on toonami right now, and i hear that inuyasha at the moment is just episodes of exposition with little action, i think viewers can put up with one long episode of exposition, especially when its so well written.

There are episodes of F/Z which are just character interactions and talking, but they're as good as the action packed episodes with how interesting they are.

Grexeno

Considering people are willing to put up with the shit on toonami right now, and i hear that inuyasha at the moment is just episodes of exposition with little action, i think viewers can put up with one long episode of exposition, especially when its so well written.
No they won't, because it's not Inuyasha

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
GitS was technically part of Adult Swim, & when it did return to Toonami, I recall it was laaaattteee (as in past 3 a.m.) as part of the rerun section of the block.

GITS wasn't in a new-show slot

GitS was technically part of Adult Swim, & when it did return to Toonami, I recall it was laaaattteee (as in past 3 a.m.) as part of the rerun section of the block.

Eh, you guys are probably right. I just think it would be interesting for toonami to do something different than show mediocre to above average shows for the Shonen demographic in the early time slot, but its not like im holding my breath.

Moaradin

I'm sure Fate/Zero would do decent. The exposition dumb in the first episode isn't as bad as Inuyasha is every episode, and I'm sure the action immediately after the first episode would get people hyped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom