• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMyers

And in filler InuYasha and Kagome's relationship goes back to episode 30 status

Also in filler LORD SESSHOMARU is still bitter about Tessaiga even though he was over it by like his 3rd appearance.

tumblr_inline_mxg8ikgVpU1rppg4r.jpg

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Since the series ends here, inuyasha stays in modern era, fucks kagome, and hte musrooms kinda worked together with the humans, and naraku killed their friends, the end.

goodbye inuyasha, we will miss you ;_;

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

11:30 - Space Dandy - 10 - There's Always Tomorrow, Baby
12:00 - Bleach - 335 - Hiding in the Precipice World? Another Ichigo?!
12:30 - Naruto Shippuden - 10 - Sealing Jutsu: Nine Phantom Dragons
1:00 - One Piece - 244 - Secret Bond! Iceberg and Franky!
1:30 - Blue Exorcist - 3 - Brothers
3:00 - Soul Eater - 50 - Sink or Swim?! The Men Who Transcend the Gods?
3:30 - Naruto - 10 - The Forest of Chakra
4:00 - Samurai Jack - 6 - Jack and the Warrior Woman
4:30 - IGPX - 19 - Moving On
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 29 - Legacy of Terror
5:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 1 - Escape to Sherman High

Later.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
zlCfzRkli9IAG_wcCh

zlCfzRkli9IAG_wcCh

zlCfzRkooPACrCvesF

zlCfzRkrF84tXDt-z6

zlCfzRksbMcOmfVsZi

SEE YOU SOON! - LATER.

And yes, for those keeping score, the image of Kagome is pretty much from "Next Weeks" episode. Had to. SPOILERS! BWA HAHAHA.

Goodnight everyone

One Piece
Space Dandy
Samurai Jack
Ghost in the Shell
Blue Exorcist
Naruto
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
InuYasha
Clone Wars
IGPX
Soul Eater
Bleach
Naruto Shippuden

LATER

With Inuyasha gone, I have no reason to stick around after Jack. I'll probably stay for Titan next week (and other episodes I wouldn't mind seeing again)

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Sacrificed other shows so that a big Inuyasha pic could live! XD *bow* I surprised myself by NOT putting Inuyasha and PvZ Garden Warfare into every pic... and now watching FMA is going to be totally odd when the Inuyasha-sounding "Battle Music" comes on...

... And I'd totally play Ninja Sign Revo.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Man I'm pretty bummed I'll never get to see the My Will ending. Always loved watching the first season of Inuyasha just for that ending alone.

And great sketch dump!!!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
One Piece
Space Dandy
Inuyasha
Naruto
GITS:SAC
Bleach
IGPX
Star Wars:Clone Wars
Naruto Shippuden
FMA:B
Soul Eater
Blue Exorcist
Samurai Jack

Pretty good night. Samurai Jack had me snoozing again though I did like every episode. Bleach is so high because it was funny.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Just to note, cowboy bebop and inuyasha will always come back to adult swim, they know they will never let those shows go for long, so im not too sad about it, still it could take a really long time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Man God you're making me want to catch up on Bleach.

I laughed out loud twice. It was unintentionally funny.

There's also an Inuyasha moment in there.

A bunch of shows made me think of Inuyasha. Blue Exorcist had a half demon who was picked on as a child. Soul Eater had a red barrier. Bleach had a funny moment that reminded me of something in Inuyasha.

Jintor

So I'm midway through Skypeia atm.

They just repaired an old waver that Nami bought up from the Blue Sea, but I don't recall where they got it. Did they recover it from that galleon that fell from the sky?

Moaradin

One Piece
Space Dandy
Blue Exorcist
Soul Eater
Naruto Shippuden
Bleach

In other non-related news, I just finished Steins;Gate. So good. I recommend.

Jintor

Okay, read up to the end of Skypeia and am at the beginning of the Foxy arc, I guess.

What a cool world. What a cool story. I think I'll stick with Toonami's schedule for now though. Glad to catch up.

bigkrev

One Piece
Space Dandy
Blue Exorcist
Soul Eater
Naruto Shippuden
Bleach

In other non-related news, I just finished Steins;Gate. So good. I recommend.

The translation from JAST is finally coming out this month, I'm glad I'm still ignorant about the franchise so I can play it blind.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone.

Space Dandy
Trippy and amazing. A beautiful showcase of animation and music, with a pretty sad story to boot. Next week's episode looks amazing too.

Bleach
You know what this arc reminds me of? That scene in Homer the Great where they remove the Stone of Shame and attach the Stone of Triumph. It just drags and drags and drags and drags. 8 more episodes....

Shippuden
Flashbacks! With some of the worst animated jumping I have ever seen.

One Piece
Now all the newcomers know the truth. Mwahahahahaha.

Blue Exorcist
The action scenes were cool, but weird since they didn't happen in the manga.

BONES Eater
Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Just read chapter 1 of Blue Exorcist and wow its so completely different

For those who are interested in the manga

Everything from Rin going to his job interview and meeting that girls father is filler, in the manga he heads for the interview and starts seeing demons/runs into the possessed demon

All the other exorcist and the fight scene are also completely filler, in the manga after telling rin he's the son of satan they return to the monastery and rin gets the sword.

Everything else generally stays the same, it does seem odd to add an action scene and lots of filler when you easily could have adapted the first manga chapter to anime form without any issue... Though I guess with how little canon content existed at the time of the anime's birth it made sense that they would stretch things out.

Regiruler

Just read chapter 1 of Blue Exorcist and wow its so completely different

For those who are interested in the manga

Everything from Rin going to his job interview and meeting that girls father is filler, in the manga he heads for the interview and starts seeing demons/runs into the possessed demon

All the other exorcist and the fight scene are also completely filler, in the manga after telling rin he's the son of satan they return to the monastery and rin gets the sword.

Everything else generally stays the same, it does seem odd to add an action scene and lots of filler when you easily could have adapted the first manga chapter to anime form without any issue... Though I guess with how little canon content existed at the time of the anime's birth it made sense that they would stretch things out.

The fight scene was good though, glad they added it.

The fight scene was good though, glad they added it.

I agree and I liked the Rin working shenanigans too. The problem is between these added scenes spreading out 1 chapter into 2 gives the anime only audience a false sense of what kind of anime this will be. The manga makes it clear from chapter 1 this is going to be a school fantasy shonen, the full anime op alludes to this as well... But of course Toonami cut all the school parts from the opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom