• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm not gelling with Blue Exorcist's premise much - perhaps I'm not sure if I have it down correctly. Satan wants to somehow turn Rin into his full demon son. Rin of course rejects this by becoming more demonic anyway(?) and his now out to avenge Fujimoto by becoming an exorcist?

Rin IS Satan's son from what we know; He's just a part of his family. Sounds like he possessed his mother and killed her in the process.

He accepted his powers born from evil, sure, but he wants to use them to serve his human-born desires; he wants to avenge his father, etc.

I at least like the fact that he isn't overly happy about having demon powers, or despising his human side after finding out he was something more. It's pretty middle-of-the-road so far, and it still feels like it hasn't really STARTED yet, but I'm still OK with giving it a chance.

MikeMyers

Rin IS Satan's son from what we know; He's just a part of his family. Sounds like he possessed his mother and killed her in the process.

He accepted his powers born from evil, sure, but he wants to use them to serve his human-born desires; he wants to avenge his father, etc.

I at least like the fact that he isn't overly happy about having demon powers, or despising his human side after finding out he was something more. It's pretty middle-of-the-road so far, and it still feels like it hasn't really STARTED yet, but I'm still OK with giving it a chance.

SAB you should join us too!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Hell E7 was also on its original deal that outlasted the branch of the company that brought it over. I love these long term deals for quality content.

Also I'm pretty sure both the sub and dub of both Inuyasha shows will be completely free to watch for anyone in the US in one month.

Speaking about Inuyasha in 29 minutes I'm going to watch the next episode.

yeah, those were better times in the anime industry, can anyone tell me what episode inuyasha was on in toonami so I can find it?

and on the topic of one piece im surprised there are people who was "meh" on the twist last episode, I am one of the guys saying "yeah one piece is good, but its a bit overhyped" but even when I saw this episode some years ago when marathoning one piece ,I was overall entertained this arc and was like "woah!" with the twist, that is to say, I still think this arc is really overrated and beyond the twist nothing was really great about this arc.

MikeMyers

What episode are we watching?

Also, how many eps are left for Toonami to air?

128, the second part to the Toonami episode.

167 - 127 = 40 episodes Toonami had to air, plus 26 for Final Act.

1 ep of Final Act is like 20 regular Inuyasha episodes though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

This is no exaggeration either. More happens in the first episode of Final Act to advance the plot than the remaining forty episodes of the regular show.

yeah, those were better times in the anime industry, can anyone tell me what episode inuyasha was on in toonami so I can find it?

and on the topic of one piece im surprised there are people who was "meh" on the twist last episode, I am one of the guys saying "yeah one piece is good, but its a bit overhyped" but even when I saw this episode some years ago when marathoning one piece ,I was overall entertained this arc and was like "woah!" with the twist, that is to say, I still think this arc is really overrated and beyond the twist nothing was really great about this arc.

not Usopp's whole ordeal?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I love pretty much every single episode from the opening of Water seven to the first set of filler episodes that appear next arc, then I really love the episodes after that until the first set of filler between arcs. I'd say the next two years of the show compose my favorite chunk of it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Well I know what I'm marathoning this week (those last 40 eps + Final Fact maybe.)

This is no exaggeration either. More happens in the first episode of Final Act to advance the plot than the remaining forty episodes of the regular show.

AU7Amsc.gif

foxuzamaki

not Usopp's whole ordeal?

Beyond the great voiceacting I dont feel that got proper closure
I loved when usopp came back under a different identity that easily fools luffy for the lols but that isnt really a way to resolve such a thing.

Beyond the great voiceacting I dont feel that got proper closure
I loved when usopp came back under a different identity that easily fools luffy for the lols but that isnt really a way to resolve such a thing.

but that's the resolution, though. you didn't think any of the buildup we've seen so far was worthwhile?

foxuzamaki

I should also point out that I think the arcs after this one are better than the water seven arc, well, maybe not thriller bark, that has some legit crazy hilarious moments but it starts to draaaaaaaaggggggg, I remember just wanting to get through it.

foxuzamaki

but that's the resolution, though. you didn't think any of the buildup we've seen so far was worthwhile?

I was not satisfied with that resolution, and yes the buildup was decent, but im not gonna scream from the mountains because of it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Mine didn't have the intro or opening music, btw.

Being a VA for one of those monsters must have been fun.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Hahaha, Kagome's family is gonna fight the demons. That's almost as cute as Sakura thinking she'll be useful eventually.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
"IT'S ALL OVER!!!"

<doesn't even bat an eye at InuYasha's ears>

Edit- LUFFY COSPLAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom