• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

I'll take jazz over pop music anyday
So, is it just the music you like better? Because that first op was nothing but colorized clips from the show. It was lazy. Surely you realize how much better the Japanese opening is for its slick animation and how well that animation fits with the music. It's like a night and day in quality improvement.

If it is just the music you don't like, that's fair, but you ought to say that. If you think the "animation" in the first op is better, then I don't know what to say.

Raxus

Thoughts about last night:

Space Dandy
Trippy, occasionally hilarious, a little feels, huh? I thought it was a great episode if only for the animation alone, although I won't blame anyone if they hated this almost fever dream of an episode we experienced

Bleach

HOLY SHIT! I am kind of sad we didn't get more posted about this. This episode was legendarily bad. I was in tears at one point because I was laughing so hard. The main villain fights the head captain who has reached mach 5 on no fucks given. The voice acting seemed ESPECIALLY bad this time. The rest I just have to list.

Main Villain (MV): I just defeated all the toughest Soul Reapers, you are mine Nozomi.
*proceeds to get foiled by a rock and a stuffed toy*

MV: I gots you for really realz this time Nozomi!
*foiled by loose soil*
MV: All according to Keikaku

Nozomi: *gets away* I am tired of running Kon *traps Kon*
Kon: WTF?
Nozomi: *proceeds to run away*

MV: Time to fight! OH SHIT I FORGOT MY SWORD!
*Ichago crushes him*
MV: ALL ACCORDING TO KEIKAKU! (BTW I can clone myself now for some reason k)

Me after Bleach

More later.

Muhammad Adil ‏@iMuhammadA 11h
BLUENO... FROM THE BAR!??? #OnePiece
Nathaniel Noboa ‏@Saru245 11h
His closest friends was his worst enemies! Lucci,Kaku,Kailfa,and Blueno! #OnePiece
Melanee Wood ‏@RaynesGem 11h
What.. What?.... What?! WHAT?!?! #OnePiece #Toonami
Mitch Gosser ‏@MitchGosser 11h
OH MY GOD.
HOLY SHIT.
THIS ISN'T HAPPENING. ALL THESE GAMBITS.
#OnePiece
NaturalThe1 ‏@NaturalThe1 11h
GODDAMN TRAITORS #onepiece
jaykellz ‏@DashingJayKellz 11h
YOOOOOOO WHAT?????? WHAT A SWERVE. VINCE RUSSO COULDNT MAKE THIS UP #onepiece
Droopy McCool ‏@BrothaCheese 11h
IT WAS THEM! IT WAS THEM ALL ALONG! #OnePiece
Insanecyclone ‏@Inscyc 11h
IT WAS ME AUSTIN, IT WAS ME ALL ALONG #OnePiece
Karin Kayami & Rich ‏@KarinAndSteven 11h
WHHHHHAAAAATTT?!?!?! His own personnel are with the govt.?!?! Damn...that's a helluva twist #OnePiece
JaxTH ‏@OriginalJaxTH 12h
IT WAS THE BIRD THE ENTIRE TIME! #OnePiece #Toonami
Sketch ‏@Sketch1984 12h
You and you and you and... aren't you the guy from the bar? #OnePiece
Jacob Roundy ‏@jacob_roundy 12h
Guy's whole life has been a lie! #OnePiece on Toonami
Ryan ‏@AcidWayne 12h
Kaku :,( #OnePiece
Starz ‏@Gold_Starz 12h
OH MER GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHD! #Toonami #OnePiece
Charlie Mcintosh ‏@imashattered 12h
AaaaaaAaaaahhhhh!!!! Aaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!! NO WAY!!!!!!!!!! #OnePiece
Jaephus N. Craig ‏@Jaceymon05 12h
Wai-, what?
WAI-, WHAT?! #OnePiece on Toonami
Muhammad Adil ‏@iMuhammadA 12h
#Luffy knew all along.
It was... THE PIGEON!!! #OnePiece

Twitter was legit shook.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It's kinda nice to see all the One Piece watching audience has somehow missed the identities of SHEE PEEEA NIIINU after all this time. Playing the "Warriors" games ruins it easily. Or watching fights on Youtube. Or just knowing almost anything about pre-time-skip OP.

Eesh at One Piece grandstanding. "NOW THAT YOU KNOW OUR SECRET... WE CAN'T LET YOU LIVE!!" *chains man to floor* .... Really? It would have been pretty cool if they killed the guy, then left his bloody body laying atop an unconscious Luffy. "Perfect, you arrived just so that we can frame you with this murder!" *chains man up beside him with same stuffs* ....Argh. It all sounded so cool and vicious otherwise!

Robin's FIsh-eye lens zoomed looked like uncomfortable eye expansion.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
In not really a spoiler at all news, CP9 are awful at their assassination jobs. They could have at least killed Paulie because it might have taken them awhile to figure out a good way to kill Luffy.

It's possible they were going to use him as a hostage to force Iceberg's hand though, but then why attempt to kill him the first time.

LOLDSFAN

So, is it just the music you like better? Because that first op was nothing but colorized clips from the show. It was lazy. Surely you realize how much better the Japanese opening is for its slick animation and how well that animation fits with the music. It's like a night and day in quality improvement.

If it is just the music you don't like, that's fair, but you ought to say that. If you think the "animation" in the first op is better, then I don't know what to say.

Yeah I like the animation in the Japanese OP but hate the music. Preferred the Jazz.

Eesh at One Piece grandstanding. "NOW THAT YOU KNOW OUR SECRET... WE CAN'T LET YOU LIVE!!" *chains man to floor* .... Really? It would have been pretty cool if they killed the guy, then left his bloody body laying atop an unconscious Luffy. "Perfect, you arrived just so that we can frame you with this murder!" *chains man up beside him with same stuffs* ....Argh. It all sounded so cool and vicious otherwise!

this would have bothered me more if years of conditioning hadn't left me numb to this sort of thing. though the least they could've done is not say they were going to kill Paulie at all. at least beat the shit out of him to the point where a normal person would've been dead.

Blue Exorcist was cool last night, but that Rin angst was pretty unnecessary.
zlCfzRkli9IAG_wcCh

zlCfzRkli9IAG_wcCh

zlCfzRkooPACrCvesF

zlCfzRkrF84tXDt-z6

zlCfzRksbMcOmfVsZi

SEE YOU SOON! - LATER.

And yes, for those keeping score, the image of Kagome is pretty much from "Next Weeks" episode. Had to. SPOILERS! BWA HAHAHA.
Great stuff. That One Piece close up is killing me. XD
Pour some out for your last Inuyasha sketch. Maybe?

Amikami

Banned
zlCfzRkli9IAG_wcCh

zlCfzRkli9IAG_wcCh

zlCfzRkooPACrCvesF

zlCfzRkrF84tXDt-z6

zlCfzRksbMcOmfVsZi

SEE YOU SOON! - LATER.

And yes, for those keeping score, the image of Kagome is pretty much from "Next Weeks" episode. Had to. SPOILERS! BWA HAHAHA.

Nice stuff. Hah I love the Ninja sign revolution one. Get Microsoft and their kinect teams on the phone.

Tamanon

Banned
From last night:

Space Dandy
Soul Eater
Blue Exorcist
Bleach
Naruto
One Piece
Shippuden

I'm just not buying into Shippuden that much. I guess it's because I never cared about the Sand guys outside of Gaara. Blue Exorcist seems fun, although the MC is hard to read thus far. Soul Eater is pretty good, even if people keep saying it's not the way the manga is. I never care about that stuff, since I treat anime and manga as separate stories generally. Same reason I never had an issue with the original FMA I guess.

I watched a whole lot this week trying to stay up for inuyasha but in the end kinda had a sorta fried brain for some of it but from what I really can say I watched here are my rankings:

1) One Piece - We are finally getting into the real ass real part of this arc and goddamn I remember how surprising this reveal was in the day and it's still pretty good here too outside of the random ass Blueno reveal and it just gets better from here on out.

2) Samurai Jack - This wasn't the greatest episode but it had flaming space sword defying all physics and the first of many illogical ways samurai jack can get back to the past in which he misses. I remember thinking a lot when I was a kid, "when you go back in time none of this will have happened anyways, he should have just did the time travel" , But thats what makes Jack so great, he totally will sacrifice his chances at every time just to save the future people that he's technically gonna make de-exist in their current state.

3) Blue Exorcist - The show is very derivative I suppose, but there is still something amusing and entertaining at this point about Demonic Harry Potter / Naruto meets Soul Eater and everything that happened post credits fake out bumped this up even more "i'm gonna beat the shit out of satan" indeed.

4) Inuyasha - The starting half of what seems like a wacky time in the modern era, I always had a thing in general for school/cultural festival episodes in shows too and the modern episodes usually have fun inuyasha/kagome / kagome family dynamics too which is awesome.

5) Naruto - This is just a breather/closer episode really, but it still is a pretty good one, This arc of naruto was so good. It's also funny/interesting to see the things the sharigan could do before a lot of shit got retconned, like I think this is the only time
regular
sharigan is shown to be able to hypnotise people into doing shit .

6) Space Dandy - This episode is weird, and that is an understatement . I couldn't really follow it much at all except that dandy wanted to get to a mcguffin that may or may not have been a new alien. I don't particular agree with the moral outcome of one doctor deciding his whole species shouldnt be sentient plants on his own and bring the whole planet back to a non-sentient state though, what the fuck dude. Really this episode wasn't here nor there for me, not good not bad, just weird weird weird .

7) FMA : B - really rushed episode from FMA 03, lacks some of the same impacts that episode had being the first episode of FMA 03 , We already know Al is a soul trapped in a suit of armor and that ed has automail , we already realize they are looking for a philosophers stone, etc etc .

8) IGPX - Pretty good episode, the rocket is the best, the big kahuna , he has the power, woogedy woogie woogedy . I still find it funny THIS is what people consider unsportsmanlike, he more or less attacked his opponents in a sport about attacking your opponents and racing. Also the Takeshi's bad day start is just super hilarious, especially since I have no cause to feel bad at him at all.

9) Bleach - First time watching bleach in a while and my first time back is this hilarious "drama" filled episode. All the drama fell flat because it involved kon and a not so interesting reveal that the Big bad and the filler heroine/damsel are surprised , connected. this episode at least made me laugh at it's poorly executed drama complete with the most inappropriate use of dramatic music ever though and for that it gets above shippuden and soul eater. Also white shinigami robe Ichigo in the end was a hilarious oversight .

10) Soul Eater - This episode was boring boring boring. I hate being that person who constantly nags about how much better the manga is, but it pains me to see the plot and characterizations Bones have decided to do since the divergence.

11) Shippuden- I'd say that I am a person who typically never cared or harped on about the lack of action in shows or the idea that toonami should be about action shows (hamtaro for lyphe) , but goddamn this episode had NO action and was just a bunch of people having flashbacks and having long ass speeches . Even more amazing is that the whole long ass jumps through the trees were very jarring, it was like they were flying and it was more noticeable than it used to be, it looked like a scene from tom and jerry where they are just running endlessly through a long ass room.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Yeah I like the animation in the Japanese OP but hate the music. Preferred the Jazz.

I love that Yasuyuki Okamura who did Viva Namida also did City Hunter 2 Ed. Talk about not changing at all since then, lol.

Fits alongside my recent "finally putting it all together!" that Miho Morikawa sung quite a few Anime themes I rather enjoy...

this would have bothered me more if years of conditioning hadn't left me numb to this sort of thing. though the least they could've done is not say they were going to kill Paulie at all. at least beat the shit out of him to the point where a normal person would've been dead.

Bleach does a better job at this than One Piece for me, which is... kinda disturbing. At least I can get the KILLING INTENT from the characters in Bleach. OP kinda makes the intent seem so half-hearted and... it just reminds me of a Fandub that is trying to make a show sound more badass than it's actually written to be.

Blue Exorcist was cool last night, but that Rin angst was pretty unnecessary.

Great stuff. That One Piece close up is killing me. XD
Pour some out for your last Inuyasha sketch. Maybe?

I have a friend who'se real good at Fish Eye drawings... reminded me of him when I tried the One Piece pic, haha. Such a weird thing to draw.

I tried pouring one out... I missed.

tumblr_m67rjpfSvo1qh5kpl.gif

Nice stuff. Hah I love the Ninja sign revolution one. Get Microsoft and their kinect teams on the phone.

The first NuKinect Million Seller!

Hmm, all the PS4 and Xbone commercials reminds me, have I just been mentally blocking out the hot pockets commercials or has there been a real shift in whats shown during toonami now, also I miss renton benten .

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Well since I keep having to work at 6am (Bleh) I only really get to watch Space Dandy, Star Wars and Inuyasha lately. And now Inuyasha is gone! Thanks a lot, Toonami-overlords!

MikeMyers

Well seeing as this is InuyashaGAFs final week, I might as well do rankings.

1.) InuYasha
2.) Shippuden
3.) FMA Brotherhood
4.) One Piece
5.) Naruto
6.) Samuari Jack
7.) Bleach

I think the only one people will wonder about is why I ranked Shippuden so high. Well I really like Temari and Romi Park, so that makes made up for the poor pacing for me. FMA Brotherhood and One Piece could switch places, honestly. I didn't even finish Bleach, although that might be due to me being tired as hell.

I'm not trying to say opinions are in any way wrong, but nor are they sacrosanct and it's harder to grasp why someone feels a certain way without at the very least a one word sentence, and any opinion can still be defended or criticized. I'm not saying I agree with responding to it with 'what the fuck is this shit" that's equally as non-critical as just making an unexplained list and a bit combative and I don't think anyone in here should be obligated to personally know everyone's personal tastes, but you're not really saying that so I digress.

edit: uh ok I'm just gonna go now ...>_> happy sunday everyone

One Piece has always been Tamanon's least favorite of the big three. There's not really anything to get or explain about it. It's just his taste.

You have to explain terrible taste though, especially when its one of the best episodes of the series. He doesn't even attempt to explain why he has OP so low or why he thought Bleach was at all better this week.

Well seeing as this is InuyashaGAFs final week, I might as well do rankings.

1.) InuYasha
2.) Shippuden
3.) FMA Brotherhood
4.) One Piece
5.) Naruto
6.) Samuari Jack
7.) Bleach

I think the only one people will wonder about is why I ranked Shippuden so high. Well I really like Temari and Romi Park, so that makes made up for the poor pacing for me. FMA Brotherhood and One Piece could switch places, honestly. I didn't even finish Bleach, although that might be due to me being tired as hell.

y u no dandy

Tamanon

Banned
You have to explain terrible taste though, especially when its one of the best episodes of the series. He doesn't even attempt to explain why he has OP so low or why he thought Bleach was at all better this week.

Unlike some people here, I feel I don't have to constantly explain why I don't like a show. I never liked One Piece's character designs or art in general and never bought into it. I watch it though, just like I watch every show up until 3 AM, but it just never grabs me, just on in the background. I don't understand what the issue is, except for hurt feelings over something nobody here had anything to do with. I guess I'm sorry I'm not you?

Raxus

Unlike some people here, I feel I don't have to constantly explain why I don't like a show. I never liked One Piece's character designs or art in general and never bought into it. I watch it though, just like I watch every show up until 3 AM, but it just never grabs me, just on in the background. I don't understand what the issue is, except for hurt feelings over something nobody here had anything to do with. I guess I'm sorry I'm not you?

It's cool. Honestly I should give you props for watching a show you don't like. I am sorry you don't enjoy it like I do but different strokes for different folks.

Bleach would probably rank high when I catch up with the other major shows because it was amazingly bad for me.

Levyne

Banned
I with you in broad strokes Tamanon. I marathoned the series to catch up, I watch it every week, but I'm still just not invested in the show. I don't really care what happens, I don't feel anything when it is on. You might notice that I never really post during it either, mainly because I just can't think of anything to say, good or bad. The show just kind of exists on my television for a half hour. I'm just not interested. It's not even remarkably bad or entertaining in that way like other shows can be. It's just...there.

I'm not a wordsmith so this probably doesn't make much sense, but basically the show feels like a 30 minute a week homework assignment. "Better watch this because this show is supposed to be awesome, has a huge fanbase, sells a lot, is a way of life, wouldn't want to miss out, etc." I feel like I am watching for other people and not for myself.

Seda

Not sure how to put this (I've edited my reply box like a dozen times) but the plot turns in One Piece yesterday didn't 'do much' for me either. I can't say it's something I saw coming, but it was more of a 'oh' than a 'WHAT?!'. Maybe Kaku was the only one that was semi-surprising, because he seemed to have a genuine personality compared to pidgeon-guy/secretary-lady/bartender. I'm interested in seeing more, though.

Not going to do a ranking because I thought the night was pretty weak.

I'm not gelling with Blue Exorcist's premise much - perhaps I'm not sure if I have it down correctly. Satan wants to somehow turn Rin into his full demon son. Rin of course rejects this by becoming more demonic anyway(?) and he's now out to avenge Fujimoto by becoming an exorcist?

I'm not gelling with Blue Exorcist's premise much - perhaps I'm not sure if I have it down correctly. Satan wants to somehow turn Rin into his full demon son. Rin of course rejects this by becoming more demonic anyway(?) and his now out to avenge Fujimoto by becoming an exorcist?

maybe you're not gelling with it because it's incredibly cliched and generic?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hell E7 was also on its original deal that outlasted the branch of the company that brought it over. I love these long term deals for quality content.

Also I'm pretty sure both the sub and dub of both Inuyasha shows will be completely free to watch for anyone in the US in one month.

Speaking about Inuyasha in 29 minutes I'm going to watch the next episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom