• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I actually watched the sub version on YouTube to make this week's SHINY SHINY and it was more censored than what we got. Like the decapitation, it cuts almost straight away, whereas the dubbed version has a second of her head completely off her body falling.

Then again, Japan is super against decapitations in any media. I remember RE4 was censored there as well.

I actually watched the sub version on YouTube to make this week's SHINY SHINY and it was more censored than what we got. Like the decapitation, it cuts almost straight away, whereas the dubbed version has a second of her head completely off her body falling.

Then again, Japan is super against decapitations in any media. I remember RE4 was censored there as well.

Yeah, it's been more censored in some places and less censored in others. Headless dude talking to Shiro after getting decapitated is another one.

Astral

Poor Nico. She got so mindfucked when Luna died that she treated every injured robot the way she would've treated Luna. It was all she could do. I shouldn't have watched that episode again. Time to cry myself to sleep.

Tamanon

Banned
Catching up on last night's episodes.

Bleach is almost done with the filler thankfully, 2 more to go!

Casshern Sins is SO DAMN DEPRESSING, but good. I'm really enjoying it, even if it's super dark.

Now to Deadman.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Catching up on last night's episodes.

Bleach is almost done with the filler thankfully, 2 more to go!

Casshern Sins is SO DAMN DEPRESSING, but good. I'm really enjoying it, even if it's super dark.

Now to Deadman.

I think casshern is ...SO DAMN BORING

Epcott

Damn, I can not stand Bleach. I try to stomach an entire episode, but I either fall asleep or turn on something else and need to remind myself to turn Toonami back on in 30 mins.

I wish they'd get rid of that replace it with Tiger & Bunny. Was going to say replace Casshern, but a little wrist slitting action isn't bad.

This may have been mentioned, but according to the Adult Swim schedule (updated 7/20/12), on Aug. 4 the first GITS series (I'm guessing, it just says Ghost in the Shell 1) takes the place of 2nd GIG, and FLCL (which I believe was taking the place of GITS) is just at 5am. The beginnings of a full six hour schedule?

Also, blank spot at 4:30 am for this coming Saturday - possible error (forgot to copy FMA:B into that cell), or a possible surprise?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami:

12:00 - Bleach - 264 - Battle of the Females? Katen Kyoukotsu vs. Nanao!
12:30 - Deadman Wonderland - 10 - Undertaker
1:00 - Casshern Sins - 10 - The Man Entrapped by the Past

1:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 41 - The Abyss
2:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - 26 - ENDLESS∞GIG - END
2:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 24 - Hard Luck Woman

Aside from the premieres, the obvious stand out is the series finale of GITS 2nd GIG. Other good news is that there's only one more episode of this shitty Bleach filler after tonight's.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Because of the errors in the schedule, we're still not sure what's on after Ghost in the Shell ends, correct?

I'm about 99% sure it's SAC in the 2 am slot. It's more of a question of whether the schedule is correct about the 5 am slot or not.

For what it's worth, the online schedule that pulls from the Turner database (as opposed to that print version of the schedule that is only occasionally updated) has been saying FLCL in the 5 am slot for the last couple of weeks. I don't know that I believe it, but until something reliable says otherwise, that's what we're going to have to go off of.

Seda

Caught up on last weeks shows. Casshern was sad but I think the.....hyping......of it overprepared me.

Ready for tonight. I might not watch the GitS finale because I've only payed half attention to the show since Toonami started. I want to go through the series properly eventually and I don't want the ending spoiled at this point.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Caught up on last weeks shows. Casshern was sad but I think the.....hyping......of it overprepared me.

Yeah, I was expecting something like Presence from Robot Carnival after all the hyping, haha. While it was very sad, still didn't hit nearly as hard as watching Hughes
die twice, once on each series!
on FMA, lol.

Funny thing about me and 2nd gigs ending... I feel like I missed it the first time through, and have only gotten to know it on repeat showings. I really liked Kuze as a character; to all those who thought his face not moving made the show feel like it was cheating on animation... I didn't really take it that way. I loved the fact that his stiff face could be read as a different emotion, just by the words he spoke, and the angles they showed of him. It really made it feel like he was charismatic, and not just putting on airs.

I'll enjoy seeing how things work out with him, and Goda, once again tonight!

A small note for Toonami-GAF, both Blum and DeMarco are promising something neat for tonight's show.

DeMarco said:
#toonami fans- all I have to say about the thing we made for tomorrow night is: fall down 7 times, stand up 8.

Blum said:
Hey Toonami faithful...New little nugget of goodness for you toonight. #WatchToonami

Also, a couple of days ago, Demarco said some new stuff was coming up.

#realtoonami update: have about five or six things we are working on. And some good shit on the horizon soon-ish!

Rebel Leader

cS1qE.jpg

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Time to limber up. First the nut-punch of Bleach filler (almost done guys!), then onto Deadman insanity and Casshern sadness.

Apparently, the plot is finally starting to go somewhere in Casshern. I wonder if after last week, there will still be viewers.

Rebel Leader

Time to limber up. First the nut-punch of Bleach filler (almost done guys!), then onto Deadman insanity and Casshern sadness.

Apparently, the plot is finally starting to go somewhere in Casshern. I wonder if after last week, there will still be viewers.

I watch it with indifference

Does anyone else add shows to the toonami lineup or subsuite them? Like I think Blech looks cool, but they are showing episodes so far along that I have no idea whats going on. So I trade Blech for the latest episode of Louie, which I watch on the on demand channel. Also, I substuite Full Metal Alchemist for Initial D or Samurai Champloo because I've seen Full metal alchemist before.

BatDan

I know it's like a year off, but I'm going to love this thread's reactions when Bleach 307 airs.

Doth comes the
Butterflizen

We are coming towards the end now people (and the end of my knowledge since the part of the manga I read probably only is this episode), I thought I'd recap last week's last 15 minutes:

So Nagi and Hibana fought and:
OH JESUS WHAT

I AM CRYING RIGHT NOW HOLY FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK
DELI COUNTER, TRICK
SWEET JESUS OMGWTFBBQ!!!
This little girl must be Zabimaru dude and Orihimies kid.
She is just choppin' that meat.
Whoa.

HOLY SHIT DAT FACE
Lingering death... I said gat damn...
Crazy dead eyes
OHHHH SHOOT.
oh fuck

I

AM

A

LADY
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK THOSE EYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Turning him into fucking jerky. Shit.
I am absolutely horrified
Now why'd you go and say that
WTF at this flashback

So of course Hibana:
OH FUCKING SHIT
T9WW7.gif
"She taught me so well, I taught her right back"

wat
Seal the 3 holes....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
three holes of WHAT?
Three holes? Wait, what?

I'm not even sure I want to know.
What the FUCK is the 17th dimension

So then Nagi:
tumblr_m02ix5ucvm1qak2gp.gif

FUCK YOU, TAKE MY ARM!
I said DAMN.
dude your arm
YO HOLY FUCKING SHIT
he just whipped his arm at a little girl

Why is there this?
Holy shit I'm laughing so hard.
LOSE AN ARM

BECOME BADASS
*Nagi rips his arm off* OH GOD! Jeez...
what. the. FUCK.
Gotdamn.

Lose an arm?
*toss*

That's some crazy fucked up shit there.
This fucking show....

lmao

and of course at the end:
DECAPITATION

Silkworm

Did CN show all the episodes in Kekkaishi? I think they showed 2 seasons, but then it just ended. Are there more episodes to this anime that CN didn't air? Just curious.

BatDan

Did CN show all the episodes in Kekkaishi? I think they showed 2 seasons, but then it just ended. Are there more episodes to this anime that CN didn't air? Just curious.

They did. There were only 52 episodes made.
So many anime adaptations cut down in their prime.

I know there's a ton more manga, but I don't know if the anime progressed after the Kokoburo Arc. It's a shame too, it's a nice light series they thought would succeed in the same way InuYasha did.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Adult Swim showed the whole series once and then nearly got through it a second time for its rerun. Was only about 3 or 4 episodes from finishing its repeat run when Toonami bounced it off the air.

Silkworm

Thanks for the replies/info about Kekkaishi. Oh well, guess that's that then. :-\ Would Baccano! be something that CN could license for Toonami? Sure it's violent but nothing worse than Deadman and there's nothing else too offensive about it that I can remember. *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom