• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jph139

Ugh. These feels. Depressed Faye is best Faye, though, I think. Drawing a bed in the ruins of her house? My heart.

...well, later. Looking forward to seeing what they actually air next week.

ie0tqa3t3cLaW.gif

Things slow down after Casshern's over, but it's reruns. Kinda expected.

Yep, and that " Later... " card ends my Toonami night.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Adding to my old post in order to stay up to date...

May 27: "I Am Alive" Review
June 3: "Building a Better Cartoon Show" Speech
June 10: "Diablo 3" Review
June 17: "To Hell With Fear" Music Video
June 24: Deadman Wonderland Promo
July 1: "Reruns" Speech
July 8: Casshern Sins Promo
July 15: "Catherine" Review
July 22: "Slender" Review
July 29: "Life" Speech

Considering they likely have a shoestring budget, I definitely like the content they're putting out every single week. I hope we're due another music video soon, though.

Mature

Adding to my old post in order to stay up to date...

May 27: "I Am Alive" Review
June 3: "Building a Better Cartoon Show" Speech
June 10: "Diablo 3" Review
June 17: "To Hell With Fear" Music Video
June 24: Deadman Wonderland Promo
July 1: "Reruns" Speech
July 8: Casshern Sins Promo
July 15: "Catherine" Review
July 22: "Slender" Review
July 29: "Life" Speech

Considering they likely have a shoestring budget, I definitely like the content they're putting out every single week. I hope we're due another music video soon, though.
Ah, thanks for this. Didn't know we had another speech this weekend. And I'll second the music video notion. Love the "To hell with fear" one.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Tom.gif

...uh, sure TOM. Whatever you say!

Also I found this when wading through Tumblr, never seen it before:

tumblr_m7qd0t03481rxhjmko1_250.gif

52% of the country watches East coast Toonami. That's a market that’s been dominated by best coasters. Let's take some of that market. I call it "ReRun City."

It's, like, "Hey, you want to watch FLCL for the 45th time?" "Yeah, I don’t have bad taste." I call it "No New Shows City."

How do we filter out the Bleach fans? We don’t let them in.

This goes for the Narutards, too. Because sometimes the filler lovers are tapped out. But check your lease, man. Because you're living in **** City.
:(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
:p

For the record, I think Naruto was better than Bleach, even though I've seen more of the latter.

*"was" because I haven't watched any post-timeskip. The original series seemed nice and compact, with some filler yeah, but not any I remember being too bad.

For the record, I think Naruto was better than Bleach, even though I've seen more of the latter.

*"was" because I haven't watched any post-timeskip. The original series seemed nice and compact, with some filler yeah, but not any I remember being too bad.
Did you watch past the Naruto vs Sasuke fight?
Jesus, there was a huuuggeee filler arc after that and then we finally got the episode were Naruto goes and trains :p
But I'll admit the fanbase can get annoying at times.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Actually that's pretty much where I stopped. :p But it seemed like they had some kind of endgame in sight... Well anyways.

Some random Toonami official/fanart (most of it isn't horrible, promise) I hope will keep our little GAFnami group going strong:

PWDPi.png

nfTt7.gif

MEMES!

hiVB9.jpg

XTsQL.png

Nx5Zl.png

YhuUI.jpg

fhvlz.jpg

DvION.jpg

Man, fricking TOM 2 was awesome.

Toonami-LOZ.jpg

xYfgE.jpg

NxxD4.jpg

Toonami: Endgame (the comic above) is available on Deviantart: Part 1 and Part 2. Finally, I had missed that when it came out and could never track the whole thing down until now. It finally feels like a big piece of the Toonami puzzle has finally fallen into place in my mind. :)

Seda

I actually like Shippuden quite a bit, I'm surprised at how much I am enjoying it. Main criticism from me is that the Naruto fights are kinda boring (spamming clones and rasengan all the time).

This week's schedule continues to be in flux: now FLCL is off, with the GITS repeat in its place again at 5am. The change is reflected on both the main schedule and the backdoor schedule (both previously had FLCL starting this week).

The old school schedule grid picture that still has FLCL listed has not been updated yet.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This week's schedule continues to be in flux: now FLCL is off, with the GITS repeat in its place again at 5am. The change is reflected on both the main schedule and the backdoor schedule (both previously had FLCL starting this week).

The old school schedule grid picture that still has FLCL listed has not been updated yet.

I believe this schedule now. It has also been updated for the following weekend. Consider this official.

12:00 - Bleach - 265 - Evolution?! The Menace of the Final Sword Beast
12:30 - Deadman Wonderland - 11 - Gig of Despair
1:00 - Casshern Sins - 11 - By One's Calling

1:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 42 - Signs of a Counteroffensive
2:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 1 - SECTION 9
2:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 25 - The Real Folk Blues (Part 1)

Considering this week they need to change the lineup promo to cycle 2nd GIG out and create new intros and bumps for Stand Alone Complex, I wouldn't be too terribly surprised if we don't get anything too substantial this week in the editing department. And then how much work they have to do in the weeks following mostly depends on what exactly they're doing with Deadman Wonderland and Bebop's timeslots (I'm assuming Bebop at the very least is restarting).

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Does it have as much insanity as SHINY SHINY? Or is it just a decent normal old shonen?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I wasn't really a big fan of Samurai 7 back when it first came out. I only stuck with it for a couple episodes though.

Ultratech

Just saw this. I've heard of it but don't know much about it.

Any comments from those familiar with this anime?

And confirmed

Seems interesting I suppose.

Here's the story from Funimation's site:
Set in a futuristic world that has just witnessed the end of a massive war, scores of villages are terrorized by Nobuseri bandits. But the Nobuseri are no normal bandits. They were once Samurai, who during the war integrated their living cells with machines to become dangerous weapons now appearing more machine than man. Absolute power corrupts, and their reign of terror is increasing its hold on the countryside. But one group of villagers has had enough, deciding to hire samurai to protect their village. Kirara is a young priestess who travels to the city seeking out protection. One by one, she encounters brave samurai that the war has left behind. These men of skill and valor are each unique and not without their quirks. But can they come together as one to defend the helpless village?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Samurai 7 huh? I am okay with this.

Tis a shame Deadman bombed in Japan. Would have been nice to have more episodes. Oh well. At least there's the manga to fall back on. ... What do you mean the series is still on hiatus?

oh snap a new show? Kinda sad to see Deadman go but I'm happy they won't just rerun Toonami into the ground.

Now all they need to do is replace some of the older shows they have after Casshern and I'll be a happy viewer.

They went with an old retread and picked that?

Eh it'll get ratings, but if they went going that route I wish the went for Speed Grapher, or maybe finally Basilisk. :(

Yeah Basilisk can get talky, but godddamn if it isn't a snuff film.

Eh it'll get ratings, but if they went going that route I wish the went for Speed Grapher, or maybe finally Basilisk. :(

Speed Grapher would be a great replacement for DMW since its also pretty crazy (not as much though).

Funny you would mention Speed Grapher. I remember a few years back I used to watch it Samurai 7 back to back on IFC on demand.

Kaizer

Banned
Samurai 7 is a good choice imo, pretty sure they still don't have a lot of cash to spend on newer shows, so this seems like a good pick. I enjoyed Samurai 7, watched it back on IFC, along with Speed Grapher, a few years back and now own the boxset.

It's not anything particularly special, but if you like traditional shounen action, you'll enjoy it. Definitely a nice contrast from the depressing shounen action in Casshern.

No, that's not true. But I'm also not the only person who thinks Speed Grapher is awful.
Which one, you thinking everything is terrible or hating Speed Grapher?

Because then we gotta get into the inside/outside Anime-GAF factor, ratings demographics, elitism and several other issues first; it's getting late so I'd rather save that for another day.

It's also really terrible.

You watched it for 5 minutes, dude.

Which one, you thinking everything is terrible or hating Speed Grapher?

Because then we gotta get into the inside/outside Anime-GAF factor, ratings demographics, elitism and several other issues first; it's getting late so I'd rather save that for another day.

Don't listen to Branduil. The guy hates fun stuff and thinks his opinion is somehow the consensus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom