• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2187

Banned
That dude is totally jacking the style of the hitman from the Untouchables

UntouchablesBillyDrago.jpg

Kaizer

Banned
Is Brotherhood the better series, or the original?

It's FMA: Brotherhood >>>> FMA for me personally, but I know alot of people disagree with that. Characterization was better in the original FMA, but I enjoy the more action-oriented/Comic/Shounen style of Brotherhood.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Pfft. Night of the Chimera's Cry is better than anything else FMA related ever.

(Disclaimer: I really don't know all THAT much about FMA. But that episode made me cry manly tears.)

God damn. Imagine if they played that episode after Casshern. Then topped the night off with the final bebop episode.

Suicide count rises dramatically overnight.

The ending of the original FMA went to some freaking weird places but I liked how the enemies came about so much more than how the manga did it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The original is better until they meet up with Greed. Then go with Brotherhood. Not that the ending of Brotherhood isn't stupid as shit too.

The first half of the original FMA has a LOT of filler. That awful Majhal episode, the terrible episodes with those Ishbalan kids, Alphonse acting like a fucking moron, the Tringham brothers....blech.

Brotherhood has pacing issues early on, yeah, and a few of the early highlights from the from the first series aren't done quite as well in Brotherhood, but at least you don't have to deal with all that shit.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
skirts = not manly

shallow angsty writing that goes nowhere = uber manly
But Itsuki is just as angsty with her
boo hoo hooo i can't wear girly stuff because I'm a karate master
melodrama! Not to mention the filler.

Look all I'm saying is that at least Heartcatch delivers on the Umakoshi goodness on a more consistent basis.
also Idolmaster ep8 would make men out of boys.
I stopped after episode three with the dumb shy idoru who was afraid of phalli. :(

Jintor

This show is weirdly slow about some things.

/edit Oh that's right, I forgot Kimberlee cheats by having summon circles cut into his palms. No gates of truth for you!

I gotta watch FMA Brotherhood from the beginning and see if I can like it the same way I did the original series. I LOVED the original series, but this one I never stuck around to watch for some reason.

PLEASE GOD GIVE CN GURREN LAGANN SOMEHOW.
I want to discuss that shit live in this thread. I will tear the Internet apart with my hypeness.

Risette

A Good Citizen
The first half of the original FMA has a LOT of filler. That awful Majhal episode, the terrible episodes with those Ishbalan kids, Alphonse acting like a fucking moron, the Tringham brothers....blech.

Brotherhood has pacing issues early on, yeah, and a few of the early highlights from the from the first series aren't done quite as well in Brotherhood, but at least you don't have to deal with all that shit.
It's not filler when it becomes part of the show later on.

Original anime branched off from the manga for the better.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

Yeah, but on the other hand Brotherhood woefully develops most of the supporting cast due to the speed at which they blaze through most of the early chapters of the story in an effort to quickly get into the newer material. It is not a show meant for newbies to the franchise. Taken in isolation, Brotherhood's opening act is massively disappointing and unrewarding when compared to the 2003 cartoon.
i actually agree but Heartcatch has girls.
LunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaRingoLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLunaLuna
You missed kung-fu makoto and the dinodetective twins. :(
Don't you fucking dare get me back into animu Dresden.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
But I don't like Gurren Lagann...

Well you have terrible taste soo... ;P

I think Gurren Lagann is just the type of action shonen new Toonami needs. It's a lot closer to YYH, Kenshin, and DBZ than anything on their current lineup. That type of shonen defined Toonami, in my opinion.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It's not filler when it becomes part of the show later on.

Original anime branched off from the manga for the better.

Majhal didn't become part of the show later. Edward even killed a dude in that episode without even really thinking about it and had no negative reaction to it whatsoever. Fucking bad and not even close to true to the characters. IN EPISODE FOUR.

Azure J

There's some good tracks but I thought it was universally agreed that the original anime had a far, far better OST.

Oh there's no question, the first anime destroys Brotherhood musically (the different variations of Dante's theme... goddam), but Brotherhood's no slouch.

I gotta watch FMA Brotherhood from the beginning and see if I can like it the same way I did the original series. I LOVED the original series, but this one I never stuck around to watch for some reason.

PLEASE GOD GIVE CN GURREN LAGANN SOMEHOW.
I want to discuss that shit live in this thread. I will tear the Internet apart with my hypeness.

Gurren Lagann, Soul Eater, One Piece (when they get to Water 7/the good stuff and people are good with the buildup to it) are my personal holy grails for neo-Toonami. God I just want to drown in some stylish assed animation or in OP's case hear what people have to think of the series with a non abortion tier dub and the actual substance in it.

They should also troll with Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt.

Jintor

Yeah, but on the other hand Brotherhood woefully develops most of the supporting cast due to the speed at which they blaze through most of the early chapters of the story in an effort to quickly get into the newer material. It is not a show meant for newbies to the franchise. Taken in isolation, Brotherhood's opening act is massively disappointing and unrewarding when compared to the 2003 cartoon.

It's true.

This is why manga is god tier!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
G Gundam is good too but I don't remember its ending being nearly as satisfying as GL's.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
lol what

Heartcatch doesn't even have Umakoshi as AD and has plenty of garbage looking eps, including the godawful TAP episodes.
The stock footage was Umakoshi and it counts. :mad:
It's true.

This is why manga is god tier!
The manga's shit too due to the stupid arse retarded
Dragon Ball
shenanigans it introduces during the final arc. Overall it was a disappointing finale.
You are forgiven!
What the fuck is
what

fbu

ag;algha;l whatha;blaoiuaaaaaaaaaaaaaah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom