• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizer

Banned
You guys are totally not helping with this FMA decision, lol

Honestly, dude I would watch both - since that's exactly what most of us did. Both shows are unique enough to be enjoyable in their own ways and you won't feel like Brotherhood is TOO much of a retread of old material when you watch it after the original.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Equivilant exchange bro
So the ending sucks because the rest was good? That's like, meta, bro.
That doesn't make up for a lot of the series looking pretty bad. :p

Like I said, Umakoshi wasn't even the AD of Heartcatch. He was for Casshern and it shows.
Too bad Casshern Sins is dragged down by every fucking else. At least I felt joyous and playful coming out of Heartcatch.

Also I can't believe you would be the one to get riled up by my trolling.
Yu Yu Hakusho
Another example of a good premise that went to shit after it started aping Dragon Ball!

You decide (things get awesome after 0:28). Don't know what her dub voice will be like though. Hopefully good. Don't think we even know who it is yet.
oh dear...

But my whole issue is
she needs to sound timid and unsure when she's faking in and go all INSANE CRAZY whenshe's herself.
It can't be just half sounding right, or it'll ruin her character.
>:|

Toonami was built on shonen. If you don't like it, git!
0.jpg

"You can just GITTTTTT OUT!!"

Risette

A Good Citizen
Genre's feces. Let's watch some mecha instead.
o....kay?

YYH's final arc is pretty underwhelming but not in a "that shit was shit" kinda way but more like "that was the ending?" sort of way. Other than that it's pretty consistently good and has tons of cool and creative animation & direction.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Well that might work, but I meant the mechanics setting everything up are fully-established within the universe.

Wow, that was fast. Time for Sex Predator Kusanagi!

Not this time! It's secret agent Batou in Germany during Christmas!

Ultratech

It's been a few years I think since I've seen 2nd GIG in its entirety. Used to come on too late for me to bother watching it again after the 2nd time.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
>:|

Toonami was built on shonen. If you don't like it, git!
I didn't say I didn't like it! It fulfills that part of my brain that's all "hurdur fuck yeah people hitting each other and BEAMSPAM".
Well that might work, but I meant the mechanics setting everything up are fully-established within the universe.
It's more satisfying and logical than the ending to the original show, I will admit.

Okay that's all I'm watching tonight, WE'LL SEE YOU NEXT WEEK FOR SOME DEADMAN WONDERLAND!

Don't miss next week's heart-pumping episode and maybe I can write out a catchy song for our poor unlucky protagonist Ganta Igarashi!

Jintor

The whole prosthetic cyborg bodies thing always felt wrong to me, and they act so casual about all of it.

Yeah, it's part of GiTS's charm, how offhandedly future-tech it is.

I like that the video footage is actually mostly plausible video footage

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The whole prosthetic cyborg bodies thing always felt wrong to me, and they act so casual about all of it.

We all act casual about glasses and laptops and smartphones...

Besides the whole name of the series comes from the idea of the Ghost (spirit) in the Shell (machine.) Whether or not we lose something when we go full cyborg, etc.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I told you guys SAC was clumsy like this. Hey, weren't you one of the ones who laughed at me when I said SAC was bad??

Pfft, like most GitS episodes the rest easily makes up for it.

Especially this episode.

Man, this dude's stealth outfit sucks ass. Dogs and handicapped people alike can see this nigga

On top of that, she's blind!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom