• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT| Want to hang out and waste your night with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was out earlier so I missed DMW and couldn't catch Casshern Sins. :(

I did watch up to the fourth episode of CS though, and I can say that episode 2 was seriously fucking depressing. I was showing my friend and we were watching it on Netflix.

:: you-know-what-happens ::

"Well.............................................................that was dark."

Reading through everyone's posts here on DMW makes me need to watch the second episode, though. Seeing all the MadWorld references really gets me interested again.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I was out earlier so I missed DMW and couldn't catch Casshern Sins. :(

I did watch up to the fourth episode of CS though, and I can say that episode 2 was seriously fucking depressing. I was showing my friend and we were watching it on Netflix.

:: you-know-what-happens ::

"Well.............................................................that was dark."

Reading through everyone's posts here on DMW makes me need to watch the second episode, though. Seeing all the MadWorld references really gets me interested again.

DW is on again in an hour, if you want to wait up for it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
They're might be something to that I Am Alive review being moneyhatted. All these Ubi Clancy commercials... featuring Steve Blum's voice...

Gosh, Cowboy Bebop is so good. And even though I know only the homes with Nielson boxes make a difference, I can't help but feel I need to watch Toonami to help it succeed. XD
DW is on again in an hour, if you want to wait up for it.
I have to wake up at 9am tomorrow. X( ...but I will do it!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
But that Bebop scene was like 1/5th the length of the SAC scene. And the dialogue characterized as well as exposited.

I know I know, I love Bebop. Kind of the perfect anime really, if there ever were such a thing.

I just put GitS on kind of a pedestal too. :p

Risette

A Good Citizen
I've probably said a lot of things. There are good and bad episodes of SAC, that one was bad.

Man Bebop's hand-drawn spaceships really put modern CG space anime to shame.
Well BONES still has a lot of hand drawn space/vehicle stuff and it's no surprise that the people who worked on Bebop were the core group that formed BONES. Which episode of Bebop is it anyways? This or this?

(honestly I just wanted an excuse to link some yutapon animation but he really did have the best spaceship animation. I mean he has the best everything animation too but he did spaceships as well, not just hand to hand fights!)

bananas

Banned
Well, that was fun. See you all next week.

TdmMb.png

Branduil

Well BONES still has a lot of hand drawn space/vehicle stuff and it's no surprise that the people who worked on Bebop were the core group that formed BONES. Which episode of Bebop is it anyways? This or this?

(honestly I just wanted an excuse to link some yutapon animation but he really did have the best spaceship animation. I mean he has the best everything animation too but he did spaceships as well, not just hand to hand fights!)

Nah, it's actually the one with Jet and his old partner. Not as good animation as either of those , but still better than the vast majority of space battles today.

joe2187

Banned
Quality everything right there.

Even one episode characters have more depth and personality than any of the other anime shows have as main characters.

Simple, personal, thematically resonant episode, with proper foreshadowing and characterization that built to an exciting, character-revealing conclusion. All with wonderful hand-drawn animation and a unique, amazing soundtrack.

All anime should be as good as Cowboy Bebop.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
That's it for the first run of Toonami tonight.

Next week's lineup is:

12:00 - Bleach - 257 - A New Enemy! The True Nature of the Sword Beasts
12:30 - Deadman Wonderland - 3 - G Block
1:00 - Casshern Sins - 3 - To the Ends of Agony
1:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 34 - Ice Queen
2:00 - Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG - 19 - CHAIN REACTION
2:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 17 - Mushroom Samba

Azure J

Chat just reminded me, Michiko e Hatchin would be a pretty good fit on neo Toonami.

Why aren't all anime as good as Cowboy Bebop?

Because then who the fuck would watch anything else?

Goddamn this episode was a trip and a half. It feels like I'm always re-experiencing Bebop for the first time whenever I watch it. Guess it doesn't help that I don't watch it in full very often.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Also this has to be one of the absolute worst Bleach OP songs, which is a shame since most of them are AAA-tier.

I guess they figured it's filler so why bother getting a good song.

789shadow

Banned
Welp, see you guys next week for shitty Bleach filler, saying WHAT THE FUCK at DMW, cutting my wrists at Casshern, hoping that FMA and SAC pick up, and FUCKING BEBOP.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Is that the fridge ep? I've seen that ep the most of any Bebop ep. It's the "random ep" that's always on when I watch. :p
It's the drug ep.

Probably my personal favorite episode just because I can remember watching it as a kid and couldn't stop laughing. It's still genuinely funny too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom