• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Where'd you see this? Did they confirm it on the tumblr? Or did you get it from the presentation?

FAKE EDIT: Nvm. Just say it on the tumblr. Shit sucks. Also, this made me shake my head.

With everything else we’re doing, replacing T’Cats was not a priority, sorry. Also: many, many others have written to us asking to run the show again…

WHO?!?!?!?!?

tumblr_lnqtnepit71qegv2k.gif

Seda

If rerunning Thundercats allows them to spend money on new Tom, Absolution, Logo, movie night, whatever, then perhaps I can be somewhat content with this.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
If the schedule isn't rearranged, there's going to be a big drop after Soul Eater.

There's six weeks between the end of ThunderCats first run and the end of GXP. Hopefully they have a plan for that.

javac

Neon Genesis Evangelion actually aired on your grandfather's Toonami. Albeit only for like 2 episodes and heavily edited.

It also aired in full on Adult Swim back around 2005 or so, so Eva 1.11 is right at home here.

Yeah I've read about it being shown on TV, sure it was even shown on UK TV at one point, I guess its just crazy to think as a guy from the UK that this stuff is being shown on TV. They even censor Regular Shown in the UK :/

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Great idea, start One Piece with 5 individual filler episodes that don't tell you anything about the main character's backstories and history, and follow it up with two consecutive filler arcs, and then the longest and arguably least popular saga in all of One Piece. GREAT PLAN.

It does line up with where they last stopped showing One Piece though. Worst of One Piece is still better than the best of Bleach and Naruto.

Azure J

WTF, can someone summarize as succinctly as possible everything going on now? I'm seeing that Toonami got One Piece and I don't know if it's crosstalk in this thread or something bigger/more solid. Facts, receipts, citations all needed.

WTF, can someone summarize as succinctly as possible everything going on now? I'm seeing that Toonami got One Piece and I don't know if it's crosstalk in this thread or something bigger/more solid. Facts, receipts, citations all needed.

- Toonami will have One Piece on the air by the end of the year. Start date and where they start in episode order TBD. Could replace GXP but not certain. Implied that there's another show that coulda join lineup.

- Thundercats will get a second run.

- New TOM 5 & Absolution, along with all new look for Toonami sometime in April.

- Movie night this Saturday.

BatDan

At Momocon in Atlanta, the Toonami crew held a panel and had multiple announcements.

In April, TOM and the Absolution will be redesigned. A web comic will be posted showing how this happens (mostly because there's no budget in animating it).
They will be showing Rebuild of Evangelion 1.11: You Are (Not) Alone THIS SATURDAY as part of Toonami's birthday celebration (they premiered March 17th 1997).
They got One Piece. They will air it sometime this year, but they don't know when or where (in that they may not start at the beginning). Of course, it will be the Funimation dub.

This morning on the Tumblr, they announced that ThunderCats will be re-running.

Azure J

>One Piece on Toonami

imjPOS3sW7UO3.gif

Holy shit, this is going to be a whole new experience with ToonamiGAF. Mission accomplished. (It's actually kinda interesting that they've picked up the ones I started listing off back during the fledgling days.)

Edit: I hope that second show is Jojo's. Shit would be wildddddd.

BatDan

>One Piece on Toonami

imjPOS3sW7UO3.gif

Holy shit, this is going to be a whole new experience with ToonamiGAF. Mission accomplished. (It's actually kinda interesting that they've picked up the ones I started listing off back during the fledgling days.)

Jojo is not going to happen for years, if it ever happens in the first place. The music references are too much and would make it difficult to show. Sure it's not as bad in the first two parts as it is later on, but copyright lawyers are crazy.

Astral

>One Piece on Toonami

imjPOS3sW7UO3.gif

If it even gets dubbed, which I REALLY hope it does.

TheChits

Okay so I've been really bad and haven't watched toonami in like a month. I'm going to fix that this saturday though. I'm really happy to hear about movie night returning :)

Novid

Banned
Jojo is not going to happen for years, if it ever happens in the first place. The music references are too much and would make it difficult to show. Sure it's not as bad in the first two parts as it is later on, but copyright lawyers are crazy.

don't Warners own half the songs Jojo makes refence to?

BatDan

To list every music reference in JoJo would fill out an entire notepad, it's fairly extensive.

Hell, JoJo is a music reference, to "Get Back" by The Beatles. You can even see Joseph listen to that song on his walkman at the end of Part 3.

LycanXIII

How many rotations has Cowboy Bebop completed now?

From the wiki:

In the United States, on September 2, 2001, Cowboy Bebop became the first anime title to be shown as part of the U.S.Adult Swim Launch.[20] It was successful enough to be broadcast repeatedly for four years. It was rerun again in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, and 2011.

So, to answer your question, A LOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom