• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That's why I prefer Symbionic Titan. None of the angst, none of the fapping, all the gratuitous violence.

Same thing applies to Megas XLR.
The protagonist isn't an angsty, whiny teenager. He's a fat man from New Jersey that loves video games and relishes in the violence he can cause with a giant robot.

Raxus

Same thing applies to Megas XLR.
The protagonist isn't an angsty, whiny teenager. He's a fat man from New Jersey that loves video games and relishes in the violence he can cause with a giant robot.

And suplexes bad guys!

Suplexes.

Bad.

Guys.

I miss that show. It was Magnanamoose.

Drago

Is that the first Toonami promo since the relaunch to be longer than a minute?

Great promo, too. Mildly excited to watch the movie tomorrow :)

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just saw the Toonami promo on my phone. I don't even LIKE Eva, but that was epic as fuck. Jesus.

Nice to see the return of the 2 minute promo.

Moaradin

Is the new plot any good? I didn't even have a problem with the original plot until the last two episodes. So many questions unanswered.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
i liked the one where he was trying to get a slushie and the restaurants kept getting destroyed

Every episode was epic. It's too bad CN lost all the rights to it, it would have been a great pick to air alongside Titan. Giant robots done right.

You guys got me tripping, man. I woke up right now and freaked out over the fact that I had missed half the movie. Then I remembered it was Friday when I had fallen to sleep.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
how? write-offs are a permanent thing. it and IGPX are gone for good, at least on Cartoon Network.

Well, that is one of the rubs, Megas will go elsewhere, that much was assured. As far as details they really could not talk about it since it is all ongoing.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well, that is one of the rubs, Megas will go elsewhere, that much was assured. As far as details they really could not talk about it since it is all ongoing.

The creators are pushing for a revival on a different network, but it doesn't really fit anywhere else.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It's a separate "network" for ratings purposes, but legally it's all still Cartoon Network.

Right. In the TV business, Adult Swim is a distinct and separate network that just happens to share channel space with Cartoon Network. From the corporate/business/tax side of things, Adult Swim is basically a "Cartoon Network d/b/a Adult Swim" sort of thing.

B.K.

Is the new plot any good? I didn't even have a problem with the original plot until the last two episodes. So many questions unanswered.

Did you watch End of Evangelion?

Why do they do that

Because Rebuild
seems to be a sequel to the TV series.

There's only two parts to the Evangelion movie?

Rebuild is four movies long. 1.0 came out on 2007, 2.0 in 2009, and 3.0 came out last November. There's one more movie coming, but it doesn't have a release date yet. 3.33 is being released on DVD and Blu-Ray in Japan next month.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rebuild is four movies long. 1.0 came out on 2007, 2.0 in 2009, and 3.0 came out last November. There's one more movie coming, but it doesn't have a release date yet. 3.33 is being released on DVD and Blu-Ray in Japan next month.

I remember when they originally announced the Rebuilds, they made it seem like they would be coming out just a few months after one another. Here we are years later, and they're still not done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom