• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

It'll probably air during Bleach like always. Gotta take advantage of dem ratings.

To be fair they air most promos, reviews, and music videos several times during the block. No favorites obviously. I am assuming the announcement will either be One Piece or, the more likely choice, the upgraded 'look' complete with Tom 5.

Drago

To be fair they air most promos, reviews, and music videos several times during the block. No favorites obviously. I am assuming the announcement will either be One Piece or, the more likely choice, the upgraded 'look' complete with Tom 5.

They said on the tumblr that they are unsure whether there's going to be a promo for the new look or not when the time comes, so I doubt we'll see anything TOM5 related on Saturday.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
How about TOM in his birthday suit instead?
aJBLf.gif

TheChits

Just finished rewatching Evangelion in preparation for the movie this weekend. Those last two episodes never fail to make me laugh

Jintor

The Tumblr posted this trailer for the blu ray release of Evangelion 1.11 a few years back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_2jxwRC6sk

At least gives me some idea what this is about as I otherwise would have no clue.

You should have watched it blind. It would have been incredibly entertaining for the rest of us.

Just finished rewatching Evangelion in preparation for the movie this weekend. Those last two episodes never fail to make me laugh

Congratulations!

Seda

You should have watched it blind. It would have been incredibly entertaining for the rest of us.

Hmm? I don't think there was anything outrageous in the trailer that I would have reacted to in an "incredibly entertaining" fashion had I not watched that trailer.

Cranzor

This thread has been moving fast recently!

What's this about a surprise? I remember seeing that there would be some goodies airing in celebration of Toonami's birthday but I don't remember seeing a specific surprise mentioned.

So I've never watched a Gundam series before and decided to go with G Gundam.

Just finished the first episode and I think I made the right choice.

LycanXIII

Surprised ratings haven't been posted yet. I usually get them from ToonamiFaithful, but they don't post their source so I don't know where to look.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So....Thundercats is rerunning? Are we serious here?

Regarding Soul Eater & Black Paper Moon Opening.....

Here's my edit, so-so? ( Careful, Character SPOILERS ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZR47dndEx8
...I can't.

I just can't accept this! :(

Not bad, but damn it's going to be so painful to watch that shit slimmed down. I hope they keep the full opening, but I know they won't. :(

Moaradin

I just finished watching Neon Genesis Evangelion. I thought I was prepared for that ending. I was not.

Is the End of Evangelion movie going to help?

ckohler

So....Thundercats is rerunning? Are we serious here?

Regarding Soul Eater & Black Paper Moon Opening.....

Here's my edit, so-so? ( Careful, Character SPOILERS ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZR47dndEx8

Not bad but I have what I think is a better edit for the Paper Moon opening (both a 55 and 45 second version) but I can't upload them to YouTube because it says the video will be blocked due to music copyright. Otherwise, I'd share it.

I've also made 45 second versions of the second and third endings and those work very well.

Even DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME beat GXP this week. By the way, that was an actual listing in this week's ratings, so I felt I had to include it.

107 BLEACH Sat 12:00AM-12:30AM 30 0.8 1,036,000
118 NARUTO Sat 12:30AM- 1:00AM 30 0.8 1,001,000
131 SOUL EATER Sat 1:00AM- 1:30AM 30 0.7 898,000
137 THUNDERCATS (2011) Sat 1:30AM- 2:00AM 30 0.7 756,000
140 DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME Sat 2:00AM- 3:00AM 60 0.5 624,000
141 TENCHI MUYO! GXP Sat 3:00AM- 3:30AM 30 0.5 576,000
142 FULLMETAL: BROTHERHOOD Sat 3:30AM- 4:00AM 30 0.5 525,000
143 COWBOY BEBOP Sat 4:00AM- 4:30AM 30 0.4 504,000
144 COWBOY BEBOP Sat 4:30AM- 5:00AM 30 0.4 484,000
145 INUYASHA Sat 5:30AM- 6:00AM 30 0.4 449,000
146 INUYASHA Sat 5:00AM- 5:30AM 30 0.4 441,000

The first two Rebuild movies follow the series more or less. There are some changes, enough to show that it is a different continuity. There's even a new character. Then the third Rebuild movie just goes off on its own.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Just touch this vase, I'm sure your good luck meter will increase.

That's what Cthulu said to me last night, he looked down on me as I cowered behind a giant cat with a yen coin taped to it. Seda looked on singing of the end times. Andrex asked if I wanted waffles.

Looking at it now though, I'm assuming it's referring to the new weekly piece of content. Not sure why I didn't catch that before.

Looks like there will be some fun things all night long for the birthday, according to the post-Momocon...er, post:

4. Next week, on Toonami’s birthday, we will be showing Evangelion 1.11 You Are [Not] Alone. The following week our schedule will return to normal (sorry, Soul Eater/Eureka/Sym-Bionic fans!). Schedule is posted below, scroll down to see it.
5. We were not able to make a promo for the Eva movie for various reasons, but that’s okay, we promise! It’s just a birthday present, not part of a larger series of “movie nights.” We’re still exploring that.
6. There will be a few other goodies airing on our birthday, so don’t miss it! And no… NO HINTS. You gotta watch! :)

I'm expecting it to be along the lines of DST - maybe a special retro bump or something.

Tamanon

Banned
I honestly had no idea that JYB voiced Renton. That's an accomplishment for him, because usually I can spot him and Lowenthal immediately.

I kind of hated Bosch's Renton voice at first but it has grown on me.

that's actually what kept me from watching the series. i'll give it another go if it reruns, but god damn i thought it was annoying.

also, i started watching Tenchi in Tokyo...........surprisingly not bad at all O.O

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Keep in mind the rumor was that someone else voiced Renton for 10 eps, and then they recast JYB who had to basically do the lines on the fly at first. That's why his Renton voice gets a lot better as the series goes on.

Tamanon

Banned
Eh, Shinji's a kid, he sounds better than he did in the series at least, even with the same voice actor.

I haven't seen these new remakes yet, looks great compared to the original.

Guess, Asuka is the next movie. Hopefully that one also has Dance Like You Want to Win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom