• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shuto Con starts tomorrow and I'll be getting the guest VAs to show their endorsement for ToonamiGAF via pictures and signatures

Here's the guest list in case you forgot: http://shutocon.com/guests.html

I'll try to get all the necessary pics and signatures tomorrow and will post the pictures here on Sunday night after the convention

As part of what I do on my channel, i'll likely put links for Toonami-Chopped openings.

Here's the Soul Eater one, 1080p HD .m2ts Creditless, I re-edited :

Soul Eater Opening 1 ( Toonami Version Download ) [1080p HD]

Soul Eater Ending 1 ( Toonami Version Download ) [1080p HD]
http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/47224329189/slobass-ten-years-what-a-difference-a-decade

10 years ago, we still used VHS tapes. We also got good Star Wars games that actually came out and weren't cancelled.

Damn.

speaking of Soul Eater, i'm going to have to agree with Andrex just this once about the ending being cut. but that's because for that song in particular you lose the essence of the whole thing by shortening it to mostly the quiet beginning.

and as far as endings go, major props to Toonami for skipping right to Rurouni Kenshin's good music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCACQbAMuZ8

(does this remind anyone else of the Bourne movies' ending theme?)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
speaking of Soul Eater, i'm going to have to agree with Andrex just this once about the ending being cut. but that's because for that song in particular you lose the essence of the whole thing by shortening it to mostly the quiet beginning.

and as far as endings go, major props to Toonami for skipping right to Rurouni Kenshin's good music:

A little bit, it's way more pop-ish though.

LycanXIII

They just better not cut S4's ending. That's the best one in the series.

dat nostalgia

THERE'S ONE THING A SAIYAN ALWAYS KEEPS

HIS

JOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cpU3puw.gif

I was so ready to use this in case he lost that match.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know exactly when I'm going to get home tonight, but I suspect I may be missing Bleach and Naruto at least, so I'm going to post this now.

Tonight on Toonami, the Soul Reapers finally decide to fight Aizen, Team 7's mission to the Land of Waves comes to an end amidst the snow, Maka and Soul take a trip to Italy, Thundercats brings its season 1 (and subsequently defacto series) finale, Lance takes to the streets, Gekkostate needs to retrieve the Nirvash's new ref board from Axel, Seina gets an even more powerful ship, the Elrics decide to go fishing, Jet learns all about feng shui, and Sesshomaru is still in search of a new sword for himself.

12:00 - Bleach - 292 - All Out War! Aizen vs the Soul Reapers
12:30 - Naruto - 19 - The Demon in the Snow
1:00 - Soul Eater - 7 - Black-blooded Terror – There's a Weapon inside Crona?
1:30 - Thundercats - 26 - What Lies Above, Part 2 - END
2:00 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 5 - Roar of the White Dragon
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 32 - Start It Up
3:00 - Tenchi Muyo! GXP - 21 - Reckoning
3:30 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 21 - Advance of the Fool
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop - 21 - Boogie Woogie Feng Shui
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 22 - Cowboy Funk
5:00 - Inuyasha - 43 - Tetsusaiga Breaks
5:30 - Inuyasha - 44 - Kaijinbo's Evil Sword

Raxus

Returning tonight is themes.

Toonami's Theme tonight is easy. MAXIMUM TROLLING ACHIEVED.

Prepare to spam the Aizen smile pic a ton...

So getting the signatures Friday could have been better. Only got 2. Poor time management on my part. Kinda fucked up my plans to get other stuff I brought with me signed. I'll try again later today

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Was the show originally on Adult Swim?

YYH is pretty dark, I can see why it didn't appeal to kids who watched Toonami. A shame though, great series.

YYH and Kenshin were my shit back in the day. I always liked them more than DBZ or any of the other shows.

LycanXIII

S3 involves
Crona's aunt, Arachne. Also Giriko and others.

Look, the ending, : ( Please don't watch if you haven't continued Soul Eater. )
Ah yes, the "panel strip" ending.

Returning tonight is themes.

Toonami's Theme tonight is easy. MAXIMUM TROLLING ACHIEVED.

Prepare to spam the Aizen smile pic a ton...
Yeah, I can see that in Soul Eater.
I have black blood, you know? :D

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
YYH was originally on Toonami. It then aired for a brief time on Adult Swim (using the edited-for-Toonami cut of the show). Then it went back to Toonami and/or SVES and ultimately to like 5 am on Friday mornings.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
YYH was originally on Toonami. It then aired for a brief time on Adult Swim (using the edited-for-Toonami cut of the show). Then it went back to Toonami and/or SVES and ultimately to like 5 am on Friday mornings.

You got most of that right. The dump slot was early Saturday morning, it's also where .hack//ROOTS was contractually aired.

Wait, wasn't it on Adult Swim before weekday toonami aired it? I could've sworn I saw it on AS first...

ezekial45

Banned

YYH debuted on Adult Swim Action on Saturday nights. I distinctly remember it there from the ads. It was shown mostly uncut as well.

It was brought to Toonami after it was taken off the Saturday schedule.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7BBuB5NJUI

ezekial45

Banned
Would they really revive Thundercats for Toonami?

I'd assume they'd need more viewers than what Toonami is pulling in to justify a second season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom