• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I swear I will try to be much better when it comes to One Piece and Soul Eater. In fact I go into nearly every Soul Eater blind.

No promises on Naruto and Bleach since Naruto has been going forever and I hate Bleach. :p

2. Why place her in a dog fighting arena. How on Earth could you predict the TCats would show up? Even after all that why not kill Lion-O when she had the chance?

Because PLOT

So anyway,

Can we tone down the teasing/hinting? I'm fairly certain everybody who hadn't watched Thundercats knew exactly what was going to happen. I posted a reaction, but it wasn't really genuine. I feel that when Deadman Wonderland was airing way back when, most people didn't know exactly how the Hummingbird episode was going to turn out, and the reactions that night probably benefited from it. There was some hinting, but the few people who had seen it only really stated a vague "this is a must-watch episode".

While Soul Eater hasn't had a big plot twist or anything yet, I feel that every episode is telegraphed a bit before I even see it.

I hope I don't sound like I'm whining.

Random note on this. We should probably cut back on Naruto stuff as well. Hinting that Saskue isn't dead must of annoyed some people unfamiliar with the show.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Random note on this. We should probably cut back on Naruto stuff as well. Hinting that Saskue isn't dead must of annoyed some people unfamiliar with the show.

Yeah but, why get their hopes up though? :p

Besides I'm sure most here have absorbed enough about Naruto through cultural osmosis that even if they haven't seen the show, they probably know Sasuke doesn't die before the first real arc.

Azure J

Yeah, agreed here. At least use spoiler tags better.

I've been trying not to give away major things in casual conversation and spoilering, but I think I might just zip up for a bit if it's bugging people. I don't want to deflate the experience for anyone else. :)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Oh come on, like they would have actually killed the guy off that early. You'd have to have never watched an action show before to think he was actually dead.

LycanXIII

Looking at all the new TOM 3.5 shots we got last night (thanks ASSauLTxMasTER), it's a shame that we probably won't be seeing any of it again once TOM 5 comes along.

I wonder if they saved some of the Oblivion money to do some more TOM 5 shots than they would have had otherwise.

They could always just keep the animations and reskin the model to #5. But since they're redoing Absolution too, it might as well redo it all.

Yeah but, why get their hopes up though? :p

Besides I'm sure most here have absorbed enough about Naruto through cultural osmosis that even if they haven't seen the show, they probably know Sasuke doesn't die before the first real arc.

i think that's one of those spoilers that if you don't know it by now it's your own damn fault

Oh come on, like they would have actually killed the guy off that early. You'd have to have never watched an action show before to think he was actually dead.

All true.
For the record ,who here hasn't seen any of the current or upcoming shows on Toonami?
I have heard of it but I have never watched or read Soul Eater. I have seen/read the rest of the the line up and at one point.

Order

So anyway,

Can we tone down the teasing/hinting? I'm fairly certain everybody who hadn't watched Thundercats knew exactly what was going to happen. I posted a reaction, but it wasn't really genuine. I feel that when Deadman Wonderland was airing way back when, most people didn't know exactly how the Hummingbird episode was going to turn out, and the reactions that night probably benefited from it. There was some hinting, but the few people who had seen it only really stated a vague "this is a must-watch episode".

While Soul Eater hasn't had a big plot twist or anything yet, I feel that every episode is telegraphed a bit before I even see it.

I hope I don't sound like I'm whining.
You're not whining. I guess us guys who've seen some of the stuff before should probably let first time watchers watch it right like we did. Sorry everyone who got spoiled by the hints.

Seda

Someone posted something when Pumyra was first introduced like "you'll never guess who she ends up with", unspoilered. You might as well have told me "Pumyra is actually working for Mumm-ra". And more than one person contributed to this.

As for Naruto, if you thought Sasuke would actually die...well....no.

There are a few plot points in the Chuunin Exams arc that it'd be best not to spoil. We do have people watching Naruto for the first time.

No one has really spoiled Soul Eater majorly yet, but I still feel like I know more about the episodes before I watch them then I would like.

Raxus

Just so everyone knows where I am at.

Currently Reading (ahead in manga and therefor the anime):
Naruto
One Piece
I skim Bleach but I know the outcome of the current arc in the anime and I am keeping mum about that

Completely in the dark about
:
Soul Eater
GXP (Every week is like opening a shitty present!)
IGPX

Watched
:
Nearly everything currently on the block sans a few Naruto episodes (filler hell) and Eureka 7 I have only seems a chunk of it.

I'll try to be obtuse about things and I am trying not to spoil the Bleach Anime too much (manga is a whole 'nother beast). I really hope those who are running through Bleach fresh get to experience 'it'. I will step on egg shells with One Piece. The only things I will fill in is events that have taken place in the series from where we have started.

So, seems like Seda has spoken his part on the foreshadowing of people here.

But, regarding TOM 5 and animations, they didn't say there would be any new animations, they said they are just redesigning, if I recall. I'd have to find the Tumblr post of it but they said something about not changing much.

Gonna fly through these last pages and see what you guys have talked about today.

Here's the album, folks

Getting Greg to sign first was a blessing in disguise, I suppose (Sean would have been first but his line was cut short due to time)

Too bad Chris Sabat didn't have much room on the paper to sign, but I'm very glad I was able to get him on the last day (and if you can't tell from the pic of me w/him, he's sporting a mustache)

All I have to say really. Bit of a clusterfuck, but I managed to get the job done

Here's the album, folks

Getting Greg to sign first was a blessing in disguise, I suppose (Sean would have been first but his line was cut short due to time)

Too bad Chris Sabat didn't have much room on the paper to sign, but I'm very glad I was able to get him on the last day (and if you can't tell from the pic of me w/him, he's sporting a mustache)

All I have to say really. Bit of a clusterfuck, but I managed to get the job done

That's fucking awesome, lazybones.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Someone posted something when Pumyra was first introduced like "you'll never guess who she ends up with", unspoilered. You might as well have told me "Pumyra is actually working for Mumm-ra". And more than one person contributed to this.

As for Naruto, if you thought Sasuke would actually die...well....no.

There are a few plot points in the Chuunin Exams arc that it'd be best not to spoil. We do have people watching Naruto for the first time.

No one has really spoiled Soul Eater majorly yet, but I still feel like I know more about the episodes before I watch them then I would like.

Yeah like
Death being actually super evil or something.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
... Was that a joke or were you serious? I didn't know what the spoiler was going to be about and my curiosity got the best of me.

And yeah, lazybones, very cool!

I have no idea if it's true or not as I haven't seen or read Soul Eater before. But ckohler's made comments in that direction several times.

Cranzor

I have no idea if it's true or not as I haven't seen or read Soul Eater before. But ckohler's made comments in that direction several times.

Ah, okay, no big deal. Maybe edit in "potential Soul Eater spoiler" or something to that effect.

LycanXIII

I hate to sound lecturing but we can't tell what the spoiler is for when you quote a post that mentions three different shows and not label your spoiler.

It's about Soul Eater, and it's just "speculation." He's saying that if it's something like what was said, then it should be tagged.

Maron

Here's the album, folks

COLLEEN!!!

Awesome stuff, man. I was guessing that was Sabat at the end but the glare and odd signature made it a bit tough for me to be 100% sure.

COLLEEN!!!

Awesome stuff, man. I was guessing that was Sabat at the end but the glare and odd signature made it a bit tough for me to be 100% sure.

He was and trying to get a good pic of his signature was a real pain in the ass. I really do hate my camera sometimes

And here's your ratings tease before the numbers later in the week....

Turner PR said:
All new episodes that premiered during the action-adventure Toonami block – including Naruto and Bleach ranked #1 in their respective time slots with men 18-24/18-34, earning double-digit growth across the board vs. the same time period year ago.

As an aside, I can NOT get "Tip Taps Tip" (Eureka 7's current ending song) out of my head and it's quite annoying.

Izick

One year ago, man... What a rush. Still can't believe they did it.

Obligatory GAF thread.

Whatever happened to Izick?

I'm still alive!

I'd like to thank Seda for doing a far more capable job of creating a fantastic OT more than I ever could, and I'm glad everyone on Gaf still has fond memories of that day. This sounds so gushy and lame, but I'll always remember that night we all got to experience together. It was really something amazing to see so many people get excited and talk about old times watching Toonami shows.

And in the end when everyone else said it was crazy to think it would ever happen, we were part of the movement who managed to get Toonami back on the air.

Seda

I'm still alive!

I'd like to thank Seda for doing a far more capable job of creating a fantastic OT more than I ever could, and I'm glad everyone on Gaf still has fond memories of that day. This sounds so gushy and lame, but I'll always remember that night we all got to experience together. It was really something amazing to see so many people get excited and talk about old times watching Toonami shows.

And in the end when everyone else said it was crazy to think it would ever happen, we were part of the movement who managed to get Toonami back on the air.

Thanks! Nice to know you haven't been permabanned or anything.

Also, I blocked the OP up to make it less of a scroll. I'm bored and wanted to tinker with it. Might look slightly weird if you have low resolution monitor / windowed browser screen / mobile though.

LycanXIII

This just popped up in one of my feeds:

tumblr_ml058g0ZTd1qgni66o1_500.jpg

Seda

One of my Facebook friends posted that too.

That is a spoiler? Looks like 'Gum-Gum Pistol' to me (have only seen first 16 episodes).

So, do they eat and poop in Sword Art Online? If so, does that mean their bodies are covered in waste in real life?

Is it wrong that that was my first thought watching the trailer?

Seda

That arm tattoo of Luffy is awesome.

So, anybody see the Dubbed trailer for SAO? Looks like Aniplex is smokin'. Keep it away from this Toonami world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Jl_-b7ju0

I don't like the main guy's voice and the rest seems decent I guess. However, most everybody I know that has seen this show tells me it's interesting for an episode or 2 but quickly turns to garbage.

So what have been the general impressions of Soul Eater anyway?

A lot of people really seem to like it quite a bit.

That arm tattoo of Luffy is awesome.

So, anybody see the Dubbed trailer for SAO? Looks like Aniplex is smokin'. Keep it away from this Toonami world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8Jl_-b7ju0
Man, so many people already dissing the dub and they haven't even seen it. I really hate anime fans like that.

So what have been the general impressions of Soul Eater anyway?

It seems to be getting a pretty positive reception from almost everyone here.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't like the main guy's voice and the rest seems decent I guess. However, most everybody I know that has seen this show tells me it's interesting for an episode or 2 but quickly turns to garbage.

A lot of people really seem to like it quite a bit.

SAO gets really fucking dumb. Some guy from the anime thread had a funny post about how shit it was.

yami4ct

Man, so many people already dissing the dub and they haven't even seen it. I really hate anime fans like that.

Even if SAO's dub was pitch perfect, there are so many reasons why that show should stay the heck away from the Toonami block. Not only is it not very good, but what it actually is doesn't fit with the Toonami lineup. It isn't the fun, action-adventure MMO show it was advertised as being.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Speaking of shows for Toonami, I really, REALLY think Magi would be a fantastic fit. Really awesome shonen with good characters and a very imaginative world. I can only imagine how awesome ToonamiGAF would find Sinbad.

And the best part?

IT'S BEING MADE IN SEASONS

Every episode goes through like 50 manga chapters (exaggeration but holy hell does it blaze through things, wow) and since it's being made in 25-episode seasons there's no threat of filler -- or especially filler hell. All shonen should be made in seasons IMO. *in b4 One Piece counterexample*

SAO gets really fucking dumb. Some guy from the anime thread had a funny post about how shit it was.

Find it plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom