• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Finished FMA Brotherhood over the weekend. It was definitely more of a typical shonen than the original series was, but I did like it a lot after it started to branch off.

I've been hearing some good stuff about Gurren Lagann and I wanna give it a shot. Is there any way to acquire this without spending 700 US dollars on it?

789shadow

Banned
Finished FMA Brotherhood over the weekend. It was definitely more of a typical shonen than the original series was, but I did like it a lot after it started to branch off.

I've been hearing some good stuff about Gurren Lagann and I wanna give it a shot. Is there any way to acquire this without spending 700 US dollars on it?
I don't think there's a strictly legal way to watch it otherwise.

Is it still on Netflix? Sidenote: Been re-watching Baccano and I really wish it was on Toonami. Such a cool show and i'd love to see Toonami-GAF's reactions to it.

Seda

9HCaCFX.png

I was gonna say you could get the DVD of it on Amazon, but new copies are $72 and up :/

Soul Eater's performance is a bit...disappointing. think it being on Netflix is a problem?

and i like the new TOM shot, though it looks like not a lot's going to change as far as the interior goes.

LycanXIII

Soul Eater's performance is a bit...disappointing. think it being on Netflix is a problem?

I could see that being a reason. I know I marathoned it after watching the first episode. I still try to catch it when it's on, but it's not as big of a reason to watch now.

Seda

Probably a combination of that, later timeslot (even though it's only a few slots into the line-up), and less brand familiarity than Naruto or Bleach. I've never been a big Anime guy; I honestly had never heard of Soul Eater before it was announced for Toonami.

and i like the new TOM shot, though it looks like not a lot's going to change as far as the interior goes.

Looking closely at the shot, looks smaller - more cockpit than bridge. Windows around him show stars. And it looks...grungier? A little more beat up, which goes along with this model. I like the idea of instead being this massive ship, TOM's skirting around the universe like a little pirate station.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Dunno how I feel about the ball shoulders. The metal arrow on his head also looks a little weird to me (TOM's an airbender?)

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Is it still on Netflix? Sidenote: Been re-watching Baccano and I really wish it was on Toonami. Such a cool show and i'd love to see Toonami-GAF's reactions to it.

Baccano! certainly has style enough to be on Toonami, wasn't my cup of tea personally, but a quality production none the less.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
April 27th Line Up - TOM 5 is COMING!

12:00 – Bleach

12:30 – (Uncut) Naruto

01:00 – Soul Eater

01:30 – Thundercats

02:00 – IGPX (RETURNS!!!!)

02:30 – Eureka

03:00 – Tenchi
 Muyo GXP

03:30 – Symbionic Titan

04:00 – Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

04:30 – Cowboy Bebop

05:00 – Inuyasha

05:30 – Inuyasha

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/47788167410/april-27th-line-up-tom-5-is-coming

Are they kidding me with this shit? TCats is keeping it's spot during reruns? Titan gets no love!

LycanXIII

They're still promoting that "UNCUT!!!" Naruto heavily, aren't they? Is there really that much that's changed from the "Cut" version?

Also, I think TCats and Titan should both be moved back.

Why do they try so hard to be stupid? I will enjoy seeing Thundercats ratings plummet.
It'll plummet and cause all the others to drop, then we'll get a new line-up a few weeks later.

Raxus

Thundercats is more a less a place holder until they move it back into the rerun slot.

One Piece will probably be placed at 1:30 or at the 1:00 slot and Soul Eater would get pushed back to 1:30.

Speaking of which, I guess the April One Piece thing was too much to hope for.
In a world full of ninjas, one man kicks people in the face.

It is the cardinal sin of Naruto. All the OTHER characters are 10x more interesting then the main ones.
Putting after GXP is mean
Palette cleanser? At least when the series finale airs you will put the gun up to your head and right before you pull the trigger Titan comes on and you decide life IS worth living.

Thundercats is more a less a place holder until they move it back into the rerun slot.

One Piece will probably be placed at 1:30 or at the 1:00 slot and Soul Eater would get pushed back to 1:30.

Speaking of which, I guess the April One Piece thing was too much to hope for.

It is the cardinal sin of Naruto. All the OTHER characters are 10x more interesting then the main ones.

Palette cleanser?

In case I have missed it somewhere, was there ever a resolution to the question of when exactly One Piece will begin? I remember there being confusion/rumors as to whether it will start the beginning, in a later season or what?

Raxus

In case I have missed it somewhere, was there ever a resolution to the question of when exactly One Piece will begin? I remember there being confusion/rumors as to whether it will start the beginning, in a later season or what?

Seems they are set on starting it right around G8/davy back. Granted it isn't ideal but at least we get to the awesome relatively soon.

LycanXIII

Eh, not a fan of the front half being loaded with Shonen. Yeah, they get the ratings, but set it up so they last over time. Get people to continue watching.

Bleach
Soul Eater
Naruto
IGXP
One Piece

Or something like that. If people are only watching Shonen, why get rid of them in the first hour and a half. Drag them out and help other shows.

I apologize, I've never seen one piece before. How much am I going to have to watch to catch up to this?
I don't remember when I stopped watching during the first run, but I started watching again since it's on Funimation's site, and Hulu, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom