• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amikami

Banned
Ahhh. I love the smell of a new OT in the morning. Great job Seda.

New thread to waste every Saturday night together.

Yeah, Soul Eater is a paid premiere cause of it's popularity and age. Symbionic Titan's show could be a classic or maybe they'll toss GITS back in.

i really hope Thundercats and Sym-Bionic Titan get rotated out after this run for something else. two back-to-back runs for such a short series is pushing it. three is overkill. four, you are on your way to becoming Cowboy Bebop.

Seda, you should make your tag "Cruising in the Absolution".

Anybody else remember this Naruto Promo. Probably one my favorites at the time.
That promo is still as hype today as it was way back when.

Toonami Sketch Dump History::
zlCfzRBqNNUiNKnCh4

SAB, didn't get to mention it in the morning before I knocked out, but your latest sketch dump has to be my most favorite of all the ones you've drawn in the past. Not a bad one in the bunch.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
SAB, didn't get to mention it in the morning before I knocked out, but your latest sketch dump has to be my most favorite of all the ones you've drawn in the past. Not a bad one in the bunch.

Quite glad ya like! Always very appreciated! In classic Artist style, I have my own reservations all around (I think the cover image was probably one of my weaker ones in a while, Anemone probably looks Wider than I want her too, and I'm not sure if anyone cares that I went for an ink-drawing / calligraphy style on the Thundercats Wood Carvers picture, though I'm happy with how it came out...), but it did come out as a pretty solid night overall!

I think sketching with the shows also effects how much fun I'm having while watching them:

Titan is wearing thin, because I've pretty much drawn everything in the show that I like twice over now! If Symbionic got replaced by "Attack on", I'll probably draw Mikasa being Bad'A every week...

Thundercats has designs all over the eps (that never get used again save for final ep!), so it's pretty refreshing to draw at times, horribly boring in others.

Soul Eater Oozes style, and I still feel like I suck at drawing a good Maka. So I have her to drop to, if things get meh at some point!

IGPX has lots of subtle stuff I like and remember, but refrences for details SUCK online. so it's more of a chore than I want it to be.

Bleah is taking too long to move past Aizen! But I like Bleach's designs, so if Uruhara or Yoruichi pop up, fun times all around. Bad guys have fun designs to draw for days.

And Rumiko Takahashi's Ranma still is one of my initial animanga inspirations, so I actually really love drawing Inuyasha and friends...

And I even miss GXP, for reasons of getting a weekly excuse to explore Tenchi Muyo arts... Tenchi's the only character I've ever cosplayed! Overall series will always have a special place in my heart!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I 100% wanted a Thundercats season 2, when the Finale happened... because it seems like "Ok, we got the awkward junk and lack of learning stupidity out the way, NOW LETS WRITE THE STORY WE'VE BEEN HINTING AT ALL SEASON!"

... and then it's dead.

A Lion-O that learned his lessons, and spit in the face of "stupid for all his life" shonen archetypes would have easily made T'Cats 2011 a standout show for me. The art and character designs were there. The respect for old, and even similar material like Silverhawks and Tigersharks was there. But the story and long-term characterization were just lacking.

And yes, watch Big O. Season 1 is so close to "Anime Batman: The Animated Mecha Series" that it's basically timeless.

Season 2... I feel like they thought they would be a better show by introducing Evangelion-like Mind-trips, and it basically spits in the face of the sophisticated, Noir-inspired season 1. Ok on it's own, still full of solid music and characters, but the story felt lacking.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow, Naruto and a bunch of Saturday Morning Anime/Cartoons until 2AM, really?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Anyway, unless somebody else offers more money, or the violence is too much or some unforeseen thing, the biggest thing in anime in quite a while is not going to miss the premiere destination for anime on TV.

The destiny of Attack on Titan is one that includes Toonami, but that is not till next year.

Is an English version of Attack on Titan already in the works?

2014 release

I love AoT but it has similar pacing issues to Bleach. The first season isn't even done airing in Japan yet so seeing it on toonami in 2014 is 50/50 at this point in my opinion. We'll have to see how the schedule plays out.

I love AoT but it has similar pacing issues to Bleach. The first season isn't even done airing in Japan yet so seeing it on toonami in 2014 is 50/50 at this point in my opinion. We'll have to see how the schedule plays out.

That's mostly due to how little manga is currently out thanks to it being monthly. If they paced it well they'd be caught up way too quickly.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
As far as I know Attack on Titan is slated to only go about 26 episodes. It will possibly get another season but the first season will be done by the fall. For all we know Attack on Titan could be the replacement for Bleach.

Novid

Banned
Wow, Naruto and a bunch of Saturday Morning Anime/Cartoons until 2AM, really?

Question. Did any of these shows air outside of the Thundercats on CN's Saturday Morning block or on ANY Saturday Morning Block? If your answer is no, then your point is moot at best and sad at worst.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Reposting for the new thread.

Next week on Toonami:

12:00 - Bleach - 304 - Another Side Story! This Time's Enemy Is a Monster!?
12:30 - Naruto - 31 - Bushy Brow's Pledge: Undying Love and Protection!
1:00 - One Piece - 213 - Round 3! The Round-and-Round Roller Race!
1:30 - Soul Eater - 19 - The Underground Battle Commences – Break Through Medusa's Vector Arrow?
2:00 - IGPX - 10 - Showdown
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 44 - It's All In The Mind
3:00 - Thundercats - 12 - Into the Astral Plane
3:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 17 - Under the Three Moons
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 33 - The Northern Wall of Briggs
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 10 - Ganymede Elegy
5:00 - Inuyasha - 67 - The Howling Wind of Betrayal
5:30 - Inuyasha - 68 - Shippo Receives an Angry Challenge

Later.

Question. Did any of these shows air outside of the Thundercats on CN's Saturday Morning block or on ANY Saturday Morning Block? If your answer is no, then your point is moot at best and sad at worst.

I wouldn't be too surprised if Naruto and One Piece was, although I wouldn't know for sure.

Amikami

Banned
Lol at Bleach episode title.

As for the next few episodes of Naruto, I only remember bits and pieces about Lee's involvement. I literally remember Sakura more.
Though she does supposed to have some character development in the next 2-3 episodes if I remember right. So maybe that's why. Sasuke is who I remember most for obvious reasons for those who know what's coming
anyway it'll be nice to relive what will happen because I've forgotten a lot, unlike episode 30, which I had watched at least a dozen times back in the day.

What I really want next week is dat Soul Eater.

exarkun

So awesome that Blum did the toonamigaf thing.

Watched One Piece for the first time in a long time last night. I'm surprised they are showing filler, since they have so much show to...show on Toonami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom