• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet he was dying to show off that cosplay.

boo-this-man.gif

The only update I want/need is the thread auto refresh so I don't have to f5 constantly during pressers when GAF isn't down and on Saturday nights.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
RATINGS TIME! So close to another quad-million:

12:00AM Bleach 1.9 HH, 1.295 million
12:30AM Naruto 0.9 HH, 1.196 million
1:00AM One Piece 0.8 HH, 1.020 million
1:30AM Soul Eater 0.7 HH, 917,000
2:00AM IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix 0.6 HH, 788,000
2:30AM Eureka 7 0.6 HH, 741,000
3:00AM Thundercats (2011) 0.6 HH, 759,000
3:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 0.6 HH, 721,000
4:00AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.6 HH, 649,000
4:30AM Cowboy Bebop 0.6 HH, 663,000
5:00AM Inuyasha 0.6 HH, 691,000
5:30AM Inuyasha 0.6 HH, 696,000

Turner Public Relations said:
Saturday’s TOONAMI block new episode of Bleach (12 a.m.) ranked #1 in its timeslot with adults 18-24 & 18-34 and men 18-24 & 18-34. Similarly, Naruto (12:30 a.m.) ranked #1 among adults 18-24 and all targeted male demos, One Piece (1 a.m.) ranked #1 among men 18-24 & 18-34, and Soul Eater (1:30 a.m.) ranked #1 among adults 18-24 & men 18-34. All TOONAMI premiere episodes increased delivery among adults 18-34 & 18-49 and all male demos vs. the same time period last year.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wow, three over a million. Bleach having the most pisses me off since it was filler. Heck of a drop from SE to IGPX, but still respectable numbers.

Tenumi

Banned
Not too bad of a night. Given last week's Soul Eater ending, I hope the ratings are up for it. Getting tough to wait for it...

One Piece finished it's hype episode for last week and brung the Tri-Million. Soul Eater continues it's hype episodeS and should hopefully bring us back to the quad-million.

Good numbers across the board, big 3 continue to do work and Soul Eater is no slouch either. IGPX continues to be death to the line up hopefully whatever they announce next takes over that slot and pushes everything back.

Good numbers across the board, big 3 continue to do work and Soul Eater is no slouch either. IGPX continues to be death to the line up hopefully whatever they announce next takes over that slot and pushes everything back.

I wonder if it will get moved back before completing its run

I wonder if it will get moved back before completing its run

No way will they move Bleach during it's current run, it's still the highest rated show on the block and probably will stay that way for the next year until it finishes. It's hard to say where they would move Bleach because in theory the block could look radically different around the time next year when Bleach finishes. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the only shows that won't complete their current runs by the time Bleach is expected to finish are Naruto and OP correct?

Edit: Oh you mean IGPX, yeah for sure any new shows that will premier will get slotted after SE but before IGPX.

Tamanon

Banned
I wonder what they're going to do when Bleach finishes next year. Would they just start over from the beginning again?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
They'd probably drop it and have Naruto kick off the night. Unless Bleach: The Final Act is out by then, which is doubtful.

No way new Bleach hits next year. Shit, I'll be shocked if the manga ends next year. Luckily by that point One Piece will be up to the good stuff, maybe they'll move that up and have it kick off the night.

Tenumi

Banned
I fully expect One Piece to be the lead-off show once Bleach ends. With how wanted it was and how much the staff wanted it, plus the fact that with the amount of episodes it has that it should be going indefinitely, I don't really see another show taking it away.

Ratings look pretty damn good. Also, i wouldn't be surprised if they started Bleach over again. I mean, look at that shit. It was a damn filler and people still tuned in. People love Bleach apparently.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
With those ratings, why not? Just push it back to the 2AM slot or later

If they do restart it I can see them giving it the Inuyasha treatment. End of the night, a full hour until the final arc comes along, then air that final arc earlier in the night.

Ratings look pretty damn good. Also, i wouldn't be surprised if they started Bleach over again. I mean, look at that shit. It was a damn filler and people still tuned in. People love Bleach apparently.

I honestly don't get the love. I assume it just got everyone at that age where something will just imprint itself on you and you'll always love it no matter what. Sort of like how Harry Potter or Inuyasha got me.

With those ratings, why not? Just push it back to the 2AM slot or later

I just don't know if they want a re-run on the air for another 7 years or so, even if they double up on episodes.

That's also assuming Bleach doesn't start losing viewers between now and next year.

I honestly don't get the love. I assume it just got everyone at that age where something will just imprint itself on you and you'll always love it no matter what. Sort of like how Harry Potter or Inuyasha got me.

That and it has a "Cool/edgy" style to it that's hip with young American audiences. Plus really the first 80ish episodes are pretty good and by that point you've been watching the series for almost 2 years weekly and you're invested.

I just don't know if they want a re-run on the air for another 7 years or so, even if they double up on episodes.

That's also assuming Bleach doesn't start losing viewers between now and next year.

Once this first run is completed they can pull it anytime, depending on the ratings/time slot

LycanXIII

Whatever they do, they better not move Soul Eater again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom