• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Question. Did any of these shows air outside of the Thundercats on CN's Saturday Morning block or on ANY Saturday Morning Block? If your answer is no, then your point is moot at best and sad at worst.

Not that I know of. Naruto never appeared on the Rising Sun, and its Toonami run was on Saturday nights. In Japan it started on Thursdays before moving to primetime on Wednesday nights (7:27 pm, to be precise).

I honestly don't remember where One Piece started, but it mostly aired on Saturday evenings in Japan until the infamous recap episodes in the middle of Enies Lobby, when the show moved to the Sunday morning slot it has been dominating in ever since. This is also the first time One Piece has ever really been truly broadcast in the US, unless you count the somewhat mangled version of Jaya and half of Skypiea that appeared on Saturday nights on Toonami.

Bleach was on Tuesdays in Japan and only ever aired on Adult Swim in the US.

Soul Eater aired on Monday nights at 6:00 pm in Japan.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, there was the who thing with 4Kids on the Fox Box, so One Piece was at one point a Saturday morning cartoon.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
EWmof.gif
Seda using my thread title.
p0QHO.gif

Thank you everyone who said it was the best choice.
3AQmK.gif

SAB CA said:

tumblr_moi1wukrhv1stpah8o1_400.gif

?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Aww shit, Andrex. They're calling Renton a little bitch in the Bitchies character thread. You gonna let them say that?

He's kinda a bitch for most of the series, but that's kinda the point.

Still, Shinji makes Renton look like Simon.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Renton mans up more in the first two episodes of Eureka seveN than Shinji does in the entire 26 episode run of Evangelion.

bigkrev

Man, all they need to do is flip the 2-4 block with the 4-6 block and I'd stay up to watch it. As it is now, I get to bed at a reasonable 2am

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Nice OT! We're in five already? Crazy.

Also, I love the little surprise when you click the banner! So fucking sick.

So I started watching Attack on Titan when it first premiered but stopped after the 5th week for no particular reason. Last night I marathoned through 7 episodes to catch back up and dear lord is the pacing terrible. Not quite on Bleach's level but it's getting to the point where I'm getting pissed off with how long some things are dragged out.

Moaradin

So I started watching Attack on Titan when it first premiered but stopped after the 5th week for no particular reason. Last night I marathoned through 7 episodes to catch back up and dear lord is the pacing terrible. Not quite on Bleach's level but it's getting to the point where I'm getting pissed off with how long some things are dragged out.

Yea, the pacing is getting weird. It started out so well too. Hopefully it gets back on track. I read two volumes of the manga, which is pretty much where the Anime is at now, and I'm debating on reading that instead.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

It's probably due to the amount of source material.
It's a monthly manga, and only 46 chapters have been released so far. They probably want to save episodes for Season 2.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I have a bad feeling Attack on Titan is gonna pull a SAO and jump a couple sharks. There's few ways a mindscrew "mature" series like that can end.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I have a bad feeling Attack on Titan is gonna pull a SAO and jump a couple sharks. There's few ways a mindscrew "mature" series like that can end.

The manga isn't far enough for that to happen yet, shit keeps teetering on the edge of getting realer than real...

Raxus

The manga isn't far enough for that to happen yet, shit keeps teetering on the edge of getting realer than real...

Yep. We just got the shit getting REALLY real in the manga. Too bad the anime will probably reach a stopping point before then.

If we're lucky answers will start coming in the next few months.

Sorry, your plot is in another manga, just expect more angst and crying for the next few months in AoT

Also while it's not currently on Toonami I feel like everyone here pushed me to watch it so I'll post my thoughts here if it's cool with everyone

The Big O 1-3

I like what I've seen so far, I kind of wish Roger Smith wasn't so inconsistent in personality though. One moment he's 90's bruce wayne/batman the next he's 60's bruce wayne/batman. One moment he's using his awesome grapple watch to save Dorothy the next he's a louse who lets people constantly sneak up on him while arguing about the color outfit he wears with his android gf.

I also feel like the second half of the episodes don't always feel like a part of the first half, the mystery/noir stuff in the first half of the episode really could carry the series on it's own, but there always seems to be some convenient reason for another giant robot or monster to appear for Big O to show up and fight. These fights are awesome but I can't help but feel they're forcing giant robot fights into a series that didn't really need them.

I love Big O. It'd be a pretty neat Toonami show.

I used to absolutely HATE Big O when it originally aired in the early 2000s. Recently I started re-watching the series and have developed a new found appreciation for it. The detective noir setting is unique and you can never go wrong with giant robot fights.

Sorry, your plot is in another manga, just expect more angst and crying for the next few months in AoT

Also while it's not currently on Toonami I feel like everyone here pushed me to watch it so I'll post my thoughts here if it's cool with everyone

The Big O 1-3

I like what I've seen so far, I kind of wish Roger Smith wasn't so inconsistent in personality though. One moment he's 90's bruce wayne/batman the next he's 60's bruce wayne/batman. One moment he's using his awesome grapple watch to save Dorothy the next he's a louse who lets people constantly sneak up on him while arguing about the color outfit he wears with his android gf.

Priorities, dude. You can't let people trash your style. It's just not done, old chap.

I also feel like the second half of the episodes don't always feel like a part of the first half, the mystery/noir stuff in the first half of the episode really could carry the series on it's own, but there always seems to be some convenient reason for another giant robot or monster to appear for Big O to show up and fight. These fights are awesome but I can't help but feel they're forcing giant robot fights into a series that didn't really need them.

This is the only thing that bugs me about the early part of the show, and it's a common complaint. I like to look at it like this: you've got the most advanced tech in the world to date, and they're huge metallic monstrosities - who wouldn't want to use them to rob a bank? It's like some sort of pulp fiction crime noir series, except instead of super-malleable skin masks and death rays, you've got giant robots.

This is the only thing that bugs me about the early part of the show, and it's a common complaint. I like to look at it like this: you've got the most advanced tech in the world to date, and they're huge metallic monstrosities - who wouldn't want to use them to rob a bank? It's like some sort of pulp fiction crime noir series, except instead of super-malleable skin masks and death rays, you've got giant robots.

that's sort of how i look at it. if Bruce Wayne's Batman costume was a giant robot, basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom