• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

I think the most surprising thing about this thread is how many here like SE and hate E7. I legit love E7 despite how dumb it can get at points.

I love both shows. E7 gets such a pass based on how damn well it meshes action and music alone. Aside from Bebop and Champloo, nothing really pulls off anything close to that level of great synch.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I think the most surprising thing about this thread is how many here like SE and hate E7. I legit love E7 despite how dumb it can get at points.

Eureka seveN is fucking great. But it's also only an EXTREMELY specific audience that would actually be able to really appreciate it. It draws on such a bizarre and eclectic set of influences.
Brothers :D
Yes, if you could just step this way, I have a nice mallet to hit you over the head with.
Lol I knew you'd say something like that

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Despite the last....8-ish episodes of the series being weird and "meh" (basically, everything after Renton & Eureka reach that beach), I overall liked the series and was glad to see that they brought it back.

Though I think I had my fill of it for a while. Don't think I'll rewatch it if they decide to re-air it again.

yami4ct

I thought you were awesome with that Hisoka avatar. How can you not like Gurren Lagann!?

Just did nothing for me. I dislike most of the characters, think the plot is super dumb and hate, hate, hate the mecha designs. I realize I'm in a very small group on this one.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Also, Eureka's dub is vastly inferior to the original Japanese. It's not just the performances themselves, too much of the localization itself is confused and/or didn't actually understand what the original was actually referencing or trying to say.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I watch it every two or three years or so. Big fan of the dub.

The sequel being so shitty is one of my biggest anime related disappointments .

yami4ct

I watch it every two or three years or so. Big fan of the dub.

The sequel being so shitty is one of my biggest anime related disappointments .

AO being bad is so damn sad. It shouldn't be surprising, given the quality of BONES nowadays, but I so wanted it to be good.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Despite the last....8-ish episodes of the series being weird and "meh" (basically, everything after Renton & Eureka reach that beach), I overall liked the series and was glad to see that they brought it back.

Though I think I had my fill of it for a while. Don't think I'll rewatch it if they decide to re-air it again.

They'll probably never reair it any time soon; they lose the rights to it in a few weeks and the company they licensed it from is no more.

Of course someone will pick it up eventually as it did decent DVD sales.

Amikami

Banned
Also, Eureka's dub is vastly inferior to the original Japanese. It's not just the performances themselves, too much of the localization itself is confused and/or didn't actually understand what the original was actually referencing or trying to say.

Not surprising. This show with it's lingo can be confusing.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just occurred to me. Have they done any game reviews lately? Seems like it's been over a month or so since they did the last one.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Yea I love the dub, all the voiceactors fit their characters
Also why are they starting big O off in season 2? Something will replace it soon?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Nowhere did the dub stumble harder then on the Limit of Questions.

yami4ct

Not at a Champloo level

Champloo, E7 and Bebop are really something else in terms of mixing music in action. For me, Bebop does it best, but they're all great. I have other issues with Champloo, but still really enjoy the show overall.

Dammit, Toonami should just run Samurai Champloo again.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Season 2 starts with a bang and it'll make about as much sense as Big O ever does. It's in the top three episodes for the entire series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom