• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The japanese voice acting is so yelly and awesome. I hope they match it.

It's Funimation, of course they will. Just look at One Piece.

With IGPX done, I'm off to bed. See you all in the morning Toonami-GAF.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, I really hope Toonami gets Attack on Titan
Considering I've been meaning to see that after hearing all the buzz about it, I'd totally welcome it.

Ya know, we're at episode 48 of Eureka 7 out of 50. Think they're gonna have something to replace it? Was kind of hoping AO would air.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
If I recall, they also pushed it back an hour or so later into the night, especially later into the season. Just sort of weird to hear swears after 13 straight episodes. Though I was 14 when it aired back in 2005, so that probably factored in as well.
Yes we were impressionable back then, I also remember cartoon network slowly trying to get rid of toonami at this point and the last tom design
Can I be Sango?
Yes

yami4ct

Shit, thought I recognized the voice. How do they get celebs to do random anime?

If I remember correctly, this was before she really got famous at all. IGPX was pre-LOST, wasn't it? Even so, it was a massive push by Toonami at the time. I think the idea was that they were going to do quite a few original programs so they put a ton of work into IGPX. Didn't really work that way in the end.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Gurren Lagaan, please be Gurren Lagaan!
Didn't SyFy have the rights for that a while back? It'd be a GREAT fit and I'd gladly rewatch it again, but not sure if they could license it.

(& speaking of SyFy damn it Here & Then, Here & Now was depressing...)

FLCL replacing this would be awesome. GAF reactions make everything 10 times better and FLCL is already amazing so FLCL with GAF would elevate its greatness to levels that I can't even begin to comprehend.

yami4ct

Gurren Lagaan, please be Gurren Lagaan!

Gurren Lagaan is the last show I'd want to watch again. I didn't like it that much. It's been long enough to let it die and give something new a chance.

So, yeah, let's run Madoka! Now that'd be an interesting show to put on AS. That or JoJo. I'd love Hunter x Hunter, but a long running shonen would be a bad option.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I think the most surprising thing about this thread is how many here like SE and hate E7. I legit love E7 despite how dumb it can get at points.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Alright I'm putting my statement out now, I'm with andrex in that I loved eureka 7, come at me bros

Eureka seveN is fucking great. But it's also only an EXTREMELY specific audience that would actually be able to really appreciate it. It draws on such a bizarre and eclectic set of influences.

Amikami

Banned
FLCL replacing this would be awesome. GAF reactions make everything 10 times better and FLCL is already amazing so FLCL with GAF would elevate its greatness to levels that I can't even begin to comprehend.

I'm curious to see FLCL. I remember bits and pieces of it back when it was on adult swim. Never looked at a full episode. Just a few minutes here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom