• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Can't tell if serious.

Seriously! Never made the connection before. XD

I dunno for some reason Roger sounds different from his usual Spike voice to me... even if it is kinda the same.

Tell us already!

Let me blow your mind.

tumblr_mkneg6MO7h1rmj4hco1_400.gif

Ouran High School Host Club.

yami4ct

Really, you don't know about this show? That's a shame. :(

And nope.

Sounds interesting, might watch it one of these days.

Darker than Black season 2 is terrible, but season 1's legit amazing.

I have a huge anime blindspot and most of BONES' work falls in that time frame.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
U know big O has a very non-anime look to it, if you told me this was made by the TAS/superman/justice league I would beleve you

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
U know big O has a very non-anime look to it, if you told me this was made by the TAS/superman/justice league I would beleve you

Yeah the background people are kinda Timm-esque.

Andrex, you never cease to amaze. If you like it so much I'll have to give it a shot even though we have wildly different tastes.

It is an anime that is very close to my heart. I hope you give it a chance. :)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Seriously! Never made the connection before. XD

I dunno for some reason Roger sounds different from his usual Spike voice to me... even if it is kinda the same.

Let me blow your mind.

tumblr_mkneg6MO7h1rmj4hco1_400.gif

Ouran High School Host Club.
You know I wouldn't expect someone like you to watch a show like that, but I think you would watch a show like that

I just realized I can watch the next hour of toonami as well. I've seen bebob multiple times and while I've seen little of fma/b I've read all of it so I can jump in wherever. What have you done to me toonami

Idk it kinda gives me a GiantRobo feel.

T
he other major influence is Mitsuteru Yokoyama's Giant Robo.[24][29] Before working on The Big O, Kazuyoshi Katayama and other animators worked with Yasuhiro Imagawa on Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still. The feature, a "retro chic" homage to Yokoyama's career,[34] took seven years to produce and suffered low sales and high running costs. Frustrated by the experience, Katayama and his staff put all their efforts into making "good" with The Big O.[17]
Like Giant Robo, the megadeuses of Big O are metal behemoths. The designs are strange and "more macho than practical,"[31] sporting big stovepipe arms and exposed rivets. Unlike the giants of other mecha series, the megadeuses do not exhibit ninja-like speed nor grace. Instead, the robots are armed with "old school" weaponry such as missiles, piston powered punches, machine guns and laser cannons.[35]

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I'll be saying People are not ruled by their Memories more than usual this week.

It was great when this aired right around the time FF:CC came out.

yami4ct

I'm going to tape BIg O for later, but now it's finally time to sit down and watch this week's Hunter x Hunter. Get to see one of my favorite fights in the show finally animated. Cannot wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom