• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This stuff is off the rails now, lol.

You know I wouldn't expect someone like you to watch a show like that, but I think you would watch a show like that

I... think I get what you're saying? Haha.

It's entirely different from anything else I like, but it justifies itself by being so masterfully executed. BONES absolutely nailed it in every asset, and in some cases far surpassed the manga. "Haruhi in Wonderland" is just amazing and a clear step up from its manga counterpart.

It helps that it's kind of a skewering of shojo tropes, which made it more palatable to my shonen tastes.

I love Host Club but I think the ending is dumb. It was what I was going to guess next.

I think the actual finale was pitch perfect, but the second half of the series is kinda wobbly leading up to it. Plus I just wanted the series to never end so I there's always that bittersweet feeling attached to it for me. :p

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
He's having an existential crisis because he doesn't know who he is, or I should say was. He doesn't know if he's just one of the little tomatoes all grown up or if he is himself.

yami4ct

This stuff is off the rails now, lol.

I... think I get what you're saying? Haha.

It's entirely different from anything else I like, but it justifies itself by being so masterfully executed. BONES absolutely nailed it in every asset, and in some cases far surpassed the manga. "Haruhi in Wonderland" is just amazing and a clear step up from its manga counterpart.

It helps that it's kind of a skewering of shojo tropes, which made it more palatable to my shonen tastes.

I think the actual finale was pitch perfect, but the second half of the series is kinda wobbly leading up to it. Plus I just wanted the series to never end so I there's always that bittersweet feeling attached to it for me. :p

Only shojo show I've seen and loved is Utena. Damn, that show is near perfect in every aspect. So well done and interesting. I really need to buckle down and finish it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom