• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

This show is hot fucking garbage.

Please, people, stop watching and tank it's ratings. Maybe it will get canceled!

Toonami's already paid for all of it, they aren't giving up now. Apparently it was pretty cheap. I mean, Toonami aired all of GXP and look at the ratings that got.

The best you can hope for is that they never pick up the hotly anticipated and soon to be announced Season 2.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Even if you get over the stupid premise of this show (Why would society let this game continue? How do their bodies survive? What is the economic model of this game?), the show just doubles down on the stupidity every episode. What happens that makes this anime so popular? Or got this anime made at all.

Almost makes me miss GXP.... almost.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Sure I'd feel a little bad if I saw someone I met die, even if it was only for a short moment, but this is waaaay overdoing it.

Holy crap.

And the sleep in the same bed thing? what

and the skipped fights? and the pacing

what the hell

Seriously, it's just so bad.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Even if you get over the stupid premise of this show (Why would society let this game continue? How do their bodies survive? What is the economic model of this game?), the show just doubles down on the stupidity every episode. What happens that makes this anime so popular? Or got this anime made at all.

As I learned earlier this evening, anime fans have looooooooooow low low low standards.
I have no idea how this has dedicated fans though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This show hurts my brain.
Whoever is in charge of .hack, make more stories. More games, more shows, more something! I don't want this crap to be the dominate MMO media.

YUS

And stop making PSP exclusive games and CG movies with terrible character designs! Get back to making actual anime series and actual console games!

yami4ct

Oh Jesus, this is gonna be fun.

SAO goes out of its way to skip over most of the action. Most of what little you do get looks cheap as hell as well. You've probably seen the best it has to offer. It does get a few decent moments, but the action budget clearly is almost zero. Actually, you could probably just say SAO's budget as a whole is shoestring at best.

Azure J

Sure I'd feel a little bad if I saw someone I met die, even if it was only for a short moment, but this is waaaay overdoing it.

Holy crap.

And the sleep in the same bed thing? what

and the skipped fights? and the pacing

what the hell

I'm just totally bewildered by it all. What am I supposed to actually feel from all of this except an amazing level of cynicism and mild humor at how everything of note was executed in this episode?

"Hey, let's just look at everyone taking a spear/lance/ax in the back and hope for the best!"

"Hey, you're supposed to feel sad because this guy jumped off a sky palace! FEEL SAD."

"Hey, isn't he cursed with a selfless purpose? Don't you feel all Manlytears.jpg seeing him look for this stone to revive that one chick who wanted to kill herself?"

"Hey, Rudolph the red nosed reindeer is catchy as fuck man."

Ultratech

About your questions:

1.) They have no choice. If they disconnect them, they die. This was explained in the first episode. Either they play through or die.

2.) No clue. I assume friends/family probably have to take care of them in some form or fashion.

3.) Unimportant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom