• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

I'm in a down period on Manga right now. I get super excited when Tonari no Seki-kun gets new chapters, and i'll probably keep reading Assassination Classroom and Food Smut each week, but right now i have a stack of 6 One Piece volumes sitting on my nightstand unread for about 2 weeks. Maybe when summer ends i'll get back into the flow of it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
i don't think Beware the Batman is bad, but man it looks like a late 90s video game cutscene

Indeed, I am quite liking the show, but yea, dear god that is eye bleeding bad CGI, I mean this is a show from Warner Animation, could they afforded more then a 50 peso budget per episode?

yami4ct

oh yeah im reading AOT aswell, tho im a few chapters behind and yeah thats good, i really hate how the past 2 or so years alot of anime has adapted the 12-13 episode style, and they even adapt manga that just started or dont have nearly enough chapters yet which leaves it impossible to have a proper adaption, ive been thinking AoT anime adaption came way too soon aswell since they come out monthly and the author might not even make that much progress in that chapter

AoT could have been fine had either A)They were willing to take more breaks like Gintama to preserve the pacing or B)The manga wasn't so poorly paced as is. The fact is, the manga can just barely hang on as is. The way they have to slow it down to keep from catching up just exacerbates issues from the source material. Well, still, those fights when they happen are well worth it.

Indeed, I am quite liking the show, but yea, dear god that is eye bleeding bad CGI, I mean this is a show from Warner Animation, could they afforded more then a 50 peso budget per episode?

well, after the twin failures of both Young Justice and Green Lantern, maybe they decided making a Batman show on a laughable budget meant they didn't need to rely on toy sales.

Dresden

AoT could have been fine had either A)They were willing to take more breaks like Gintama to preserve the pacing or B)The manga wasn't so poorly paced as is. The fact is, the manga can just barely hang on as is. The way they have to slow it down to keep from catching up just exacerbates issues from the source material. Well, still, those fights when they happen are well worth it.

Its main problem is that it aired too early - you're seeing episodes that have had maybe two weeks of work, at least during the first cours of the show. They're working under some insane constraints and most of the issues with the series stems from that.

Really, it needed to start airing in October, not end there.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
well the point of medaka box was satire on the whole shonen genre which they really drove home when that certain person appeared lol, i think the same author of medeka box is the same for the monogatari series
Yeah, it is. Maybe it was just the fact I was kind of disappointed he pretty much ignored the original premise of "we'll do any request you suggest!" & was thrown out the window after the first arc. Figured could've worked as a few filler chapters before the next big battle, give some time for the characters to just hang out/be themselves outside of fighting. Oh well, what was got instead was still pretty great & I look forward to seeing Gainax's take, especially Kumagawa.

Its main problem is that it aired too early - you're seeing episodes that have had maybe two weeks of work, at least during the first cours of the show. They're working under some insane constraints and most of the issues with the series stems from that.

1.Holy shit. Two weeks?
2.A random mod appears again.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'd read way more manga if the default release format in the US wasn't by volume. Too long to wait for most stuff.

There is Viz's Weekly Shonen Jump, comes out with a new issue every Monday. It doesn't have everything the Japanese Jump does but it's something.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Should've had them decapitating JarJar.
ANNNNNNIIIIEEEEEE!!

Haha, I'm sure I could figure out some Miiverse-friendly way to squeeze that on once... maybe when we get to the first "Skipped JarJar Filler Ep"?

I will say after watching several episodes of Beware the Batman, I have come to really enjoy how good Clone Wars looks technically, though yea, it still has a shit art style.

I haven't even been able to watch 1 yet, ha. After Young Justice Disappeared, my desire to awake for the block vanished...

But yeah, technically, Star Wars had some very solid stuff going on. "Look how far we've come since Re-Boot!" came to mind often. I like the style on an "originality" scale, but they have... we'll say, very punchable faces.
(The fact that almost all Jedi, especially Obi Wan, sound like huge d-bags doesn't hurt, either.)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Yeah, it is. Maybe it was just the fact I was kind of disappointed he pretty much ignored the original premise of "we'll do any request you suggest!" & was thrown out the window after the first arc. Figured could've worked as a few filler chapters before the next big battle, give some time for the characters to just hang out/be themselves outside of fighting. Oh well, what was got instead was still pretty great & I look forward to seeing Gainax's take, especially Kumagawa.

yeah, i wouldnt be surprised if he left it up to gainex to make some filler episodes like they did with the 1st season, and oh my god i cannot wait until kumagawa, but theres so much uncertainty if there is going to be a minus season

yami4ct

There is Viz's Weekly Shonen Jump, comes out with a new issue every Monday. It doesn't have everything the Japanese Jump does but it's something.

The main problem with Alpha are the series in it. Mostly stuff I'm not into. Great idea, though. May hop on if they get Hunter x Hunter when it comes back.

Haven't been paying attention to the production since I dropped it fairly early, but damn that's rough. I'm not sure starting so late would have fixed all the pacing issues, but it could have helped. Hopefully they'll fix things up when it inevitably comes back for another go.

I haven't even been able to watch 1 yet, ha. After Young Justice Disappeared, my desire to awake for the block vanished...

But yeah, technically, Star Wars had some very solid stuff going on. "Look how far we've come since Re-Boot!" came to mind often. I like the style on an "originality" scale, but they have... we'll say, very punchable faces.
(The fact that almost all Jedi, especially Obi Wan, sound like huge d-bags doesn't hurt, either.)

unfortunately, the "originality" boils down to "LET'S COPY GENNDY TARTAKOVSKY, EXCEPT IN CGI"

BatDan

unfortunately, the "originality" boils down to "LET'S COPY GENNDY TARTAKOVSKY, EXCEPT IN CGI"

Hotel Transylvania shows what Genndy Tartakovsky in CGI should look like.
Granted, that's a movie with a $85 million dollar budget but still.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Well, they do say " impersonation is the sincerest form of flattery." And mimicking another style did help they have a nice springboard for their own original designs. I like it much better than trying to make doomed-to-failure "realistic" episodic CG, anyway.

BatDan

And so begins 32 episodes of Bleach filler. Please hide any objects that could cause harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom