• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckohler

UQfuxdr.jpg

Seda

This show is like the cultivation of all the things I absolutely cannot stand in Anime. .... I'm usually not the one to get angry over crap like this but this shit is just absolutely fucking terrible. I can't even watch this and just shrug it off it's so goddamn stupid.

I think there's probably a way to make a game-based show have this kind of dialogue and make the audience give a shit about it, but Sword Art Online is DEFINITELY not it.

My god. That was... horrific.

Nono, I think a 'game-world' show with a similar premise could be decent, but SAO is about the opposite direction from that.

Time for a show that is somehow much better.

Order

This show is like the cultivation of all the things I absolutely cannot stand in Anime. .... I'm usually not the one to get angry over crap like this but this shit is just absolutely fucking terrible. I can't even watch this and just shrug it off it's so goddamn stupid.

Nono, I think a 'game-world' show with a similar premise could be decent, but SAO is about the opposite direction from that.

Time for a show that is somehow much better.
I've never seen you swear before, you must be angry.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Last time on IGPX, Liz and Amy were inches away from totally lezzing out, that was the most important part of that episode.

Time for IGPX: The Series. Almost as good as IGPX: The Animation, not quite as good as IGPX: The Game, but greatly enhanced by Peter Cullen: The Narrator.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
SAO is the gift that keeps on giving

To be honest I'm having far more fun lampooning it and watching reactions with ToonamiGAF than <deleted_from_memory>. I think it might be because:

- It takes itself soooo damn seriously
- It's a recent show instead of some obscure early 2000s thing
- People whose opinions I previously considered not-bad told me the show was fantastic during its original run

It's terrific fun. That said, I'm definitely losing brain cells watching it, and I dearly hope the creep factor is massively scaled back in future episodes.

Azure J

I feel like if I were a different person or this were a few years ago, I'd feel exactly the same way. Now though? I'm so fascinated by how bad it is I want to see it all and I want to see Toonami-GAF persevere for extra commentary.

People were telling me this was the best anime of last year IIRC. I have an acquaintance who swore by it. I cannot believe that real living breathing human beings both came up with this and enjoyed it seriously. This might be the new Code Geass for me. :lol :lol :lol

thetechkid

To be honest I'm having far more fun lampooning it and watching reactions with ToonamiGAF than <deleted_from_memory>. I think it might be because:

- It takes itself soooo damn seriously
- It's a recent show instead of some obscure early 2000s thing
- People whose opinions I previously considered not-bad told me the show was fantastic during its original run

It's terrific fun. That said, I'm definitely losing brain cells watching it, and I dearly hope the creep factor is massively scaled back in future episodes.

lol no.

You know, if there's ever another near-futuristic racing series with fantastic machines made at some point, I hope that whoever makes it shows some imagination. There are so many of them out now that it's practically a sub-genre, and all of them go for the same story beats. IGPX is better about some things than other, but the one thing that it always plays straight is the confusion that pops up when a teammate gets manipulated by an opposing team - and it's even worse considering that they completed an entire season book-ended with this nonsense. You're vets now, Luca shouldn't have to tell you that you're dealing with dirty pool.

I want a Redline TV prequel, is what I'm saying.

I like how they're all cheering for White Snow when they caused an opponent to be rushed to the hospital.

They're the type of fans that look forward to the pileups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom