• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Bleach brings another cracked out fever dream, Rock Lee arrives to save the show again, the 4 weeks of Davy Back Filler begins with a pirate roller derby in the Round-and-Round Roller Race, the gang takes on Medusa and her cronies under the DWMA, Takeshi goes head to head against River on the track, Dominic and Jurgens learn the truth about where theEND's pilots come from, the Thundercats head back to the Elephants' village, Ilana takes over the homecoming dance, Ed and Al make their way north, Jet drops in on an old flame, Kagura continues down the path of betrayal, and Shippo gets another terrible episode in his honor.

12:00 - Bleach - 304 - Another Side Story! This Time's Enemy Is a Monster!?
12:30 - Naruto - 31 - Bushy Brow's Pledge: Undying Love and Protection!
1:00 - One Piece - 213 - Round 3! The Round-and-Round Roller Race!
1:30 - Soul Eater - 19 - The Underground Battle Commences – Break Through Medusa's Vector Arrow?
2:00 - IGPX - 10 - Showdown
2:30 - Eureka seveN - 44 - It's All In The Mind
3:00 - Thundercats - 12 - Into the Astral Plane
3:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 17 - Under the Three Moons
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 33 - The Northern Wall of Briggs
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 10 - Ganymede Elegy
5:00 - Inuyasha - 67 - The Howling Wind of Betrayal
5:30 - Inuyasha - 68 - Shippo Receives an Angry Challenge

I haven't seen FLCL and I was watching GitS when it started from the beginning but then they got rid of it :/

They have said both are coming back so it's only a matter of time.

they got rid of GITS because they said it was overplayed.

i repeat, they got rid of a show because they thought it was overplayed. and then brought back Cowboy Bebop.

joker-laughing-gif-o.gif

Sorry for the triple post but did anyone watch the new episode of Attack on Titan today? It more than made up for the terrible pacing in the previous two.

Okay so I caved and started watching SAO via crunchy roll today. It's pretty darn good so far, I'm watching episode 3 as I type this and don't get the hate for this show. Maybe I just haven't run into the supposed "weird" parts yet.

Jintor

Reports tell me it's passable until episode 12 and then it goes off the rails (as it heads into its second arc, I think). That said, I was already getting a disquieting feeling by the end of the first episode, so I don't know really.

Seriously though stop and wait for the rest of us, it's more fun in a group!

Tamanon

Banned
Also, don't let other people telling you how bad it gets color your own perceptions. I've seen the first episode, I'll give it a shot. New stuff is new stuff.

Reports tell me it's passable until episode 12 and then it goes off the rails (as it heads into its second arc, I think). That said, I was already getting a disquieting feeling by the end of the first episode, so I don't know really.

Seriously though stop and wait for the rest of us, it's more fun in a group!

But now I'm hooked! I can't resist the temptation, Aaahhh!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Okay so I caved and started watching SAO via crunchy roll today. It's pretty darn good so far, I'm watching episode 3 as I type this and don't get the hate for this show. Maybe I just haven't run into the supposed "weird" parts yet.

I suspect that there is a lot of the fluff in the middle. Like you, I caught the first couple episodes and didn't understand the hate. But then it was suggested I just skip the next 6 or so, watch one episode and then the finale for that arc. And yeah, I understood everything perfectly fine. That tells me that the middle section must have dragged on quite a bit. Yeah, it was building towards something...but out of the first 15 episode arc, I probably watched like 6 episodes and was fine.

I dropped it going into the second arc. Read up on how it progressed after that on Wikipedia and lost all interest to stick with it. It sounded incredibly boring.

All that being said, I think its a good show for Toonami to air. Better than Deadman Wonderland, at least. Now that was steaming garbage!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, I would file Deadman Wonderland under the heading of entertainer crap, also the series was such a ratings crater in Japan is got cut short.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
By the way, the Deadman Wonderland manga ends next month. Giving a small chance for a new anime adaptation that tells the rest of the story. Maybe. Doubtful.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Honestly, there would be a better chance of having Toonami bankroll a new series. Deadman Wonderland did so badly we don't even have the ratings data of how badly it did.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
well, the manga did pretty well, didn't it?

It did well enough to get an anime adaptation in the first place. They don't just give those to any manga.

By the way, tonight's Bleach filler is based on a color spread Kubo made. Just like the Arabian Nights episode. That should give you an idea at how low Studio Pierrot scrapes for filler episodes.

Tenumi

Banned
Uh... I've been gone all day hanging out with friends. Doubt I'll be able to stay up the amount I usually do, so if I just stop posting before 2:00 AM EDT, it means I've fell asleep.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It did well enough to get an anime adaptation in the first place. They don't just give those to any manga.

By the way, tonight's Bleach filler is based on a color spread Kubo made. Just like the Arabian Nights episode. That should give you an idea at how low Studio Pierrot scrapes for filler episodes.

If we didn't realize how low they would scrape after half an hour of "Happy New Year" the I don't know what to say...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
the rant about texting being stupid is kind of true. Except for the whole "nigger technology" part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom