• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

LycanXIII

No more spoilers:
ad7c718092867c97e3bacfd0a28641ea.png

https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/350328954864943105

fe7198d4ebe84186b83d552ff99fdfbb.png

Well, the image that had the month block of programming is gone. Servlet's still going, at last check.

Edit: the actual address for the month schedule still works too. Shhh!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Eh, it's not OUR fault that his own network put its own schedule on its own website.

And on the big public page that's there to fill viewers in, too, not the backdoor schedule that you have to go look for (that only runs two weeks in advance anyway, meaning this information wouldn't have even been on it for a few weeks).

Eh, it's not OUR fault that his own network put its own schedule on its own website.

And on the big public page that's there to fill viewers in, too, not the backdoor schedule that you have to go look for (that only runs two weeks in advance anyway, meaning this information wouldn't have even been on it for a few weeks).

Eh, I get the feeling he was just frustrated at the info being put out there by his own network (and not for the first time, and sometimes incorrect info at that [remember FLCL]) more than he was frustrated at us for finding it. Especially when it was on the easily accessible schedule link, not the one you have to do some googling to get to.

Novid

Banned
of course hes angry. I would be too. If I am the senior vice president of marketing for the network, I would be showing pink slips right now to those fuckers who cant write toonami for the hours of 12 to 6 am and leave it like that.

jph139

so i just watched the opening to Fujiko Mine.

good god. look at all those titties.

The show is pretty much all tits all the time.

Good show but to get that on the air? They'd have to cut it down to like four episodes.

yami4ct

Eureka Seven Astral Ocean will be available on Disc on August 13. Eureka 7's current run on Toonami will be over by Aug 24th.

Just saying.

Good god they need to avoid that show like the plague. Toonami already has to suffer through SAO, I can't imagine throwing E7AO on top of it. E7AO is one of the most awful, poorly written, poorly paced, terrible action, piece of crap show I've seen. So bad.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
AH yes, The Woman Called Fuijiko Mine, I remember watching some of that last year, thye lost me with some dubious characterizations.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Huh I just noticed the entire schedule in a month will be all anime again.

Until Genndy announces Titan season 2 just for Toonami in a few weeks...

...I wish this would happen. If there was ever a show that got robbed it's Titan. It's so good it makes everything else look shit in comparison.

LycanXIII

Was watching some Soul Eater and looking up on BONES when I found an article from June of last year where one of the co-founder's said that they were "working on a new version of a "familiar" title. " Was it ever revealed what that was? It was during their airing of E7AO, so it couldn't have been that.

Cranzor

Anyone know why the dubbed versions of a bunch of One Piece episodes aren't up anymore? I remember this was a problem before, but they were eventually put up. Not sure why they pulled so many now.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The on air schedule was rarely all that useful anyway (the only thing it was really good for most of the time was catching scheduling mistakes in advance.

The backdoor schedule is the actual useful one, and accurate 9 times out of 10 despite what DeMarco says since it's tied directly into the Turner database, and that still works. And it only goes 2 weeks in advance, so it's not too bad on the spoiler front.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The on air schedule was rarely all that useful anyway (the only thing it was really good for most of the time was catching scheduling mistakes in advance.

The backdoor schedule is the actual useful one, and accurate 9 times out of 10 despite what DeMarco says since it's tied directly into the Turner database, and that still works. And it only goes 2 weeks in advance, so it's not too bad on the spoiler front.

2 Weeks is also about the span of time the likes of TV Guide and such have on upcoming schedules and Demarco learned there is no controlling that with Soul Eater.

LycanXIII

2 Weeks is also about the span of time the likes of TV Guide and such have on upcoming schedules and Demarco learned there is no controlling that with Soul Eater.

They shouldn't be waiting until 2 weeks left to announce something. That's just bad marketing.

They shouldn't be waiting until 2 weeks left to announce something. That's just bad marketing.

Is it? This is a weekly block, it's not building toward a release date, it has to keep people coming back every week - or at least try to make them come back every week. How many of us are suffering through Bleach just to watch the new :60 piece of content each week?

By not showing their hand - by releasing stuff piecemeal where they can (obviously they're not against revealing things ahead of time) - that keeps people coming back just as much as the shows.

As for the Thundercats rights being dropped, apparently they were as surprised as we were. Sounds like they fought to at least finish the current run, but as someone correctly guessed earlier in the thread, there was about a two-year window for the deal, if all the episodes planned for had actually been produced. (These are all pulled from DeMarco's tweets, FYI.)

Tomorrow night is going to be awesome. Naruto, Soul Eater, and IGPX should be really freaking good. I'm looking forward to One Piece as well but apparently that's filler?

Seda

E1E9O9L.png

Guessing Fuse, I think it's too early for them to complete The Last of Us, write up a review, and have Steve voice it - but I could be wrong.

Also, he was talking about a fake Toonami Facebook account asking people to click ad-links, lol.

New Game review tomorrow night. Fuck you Seda, I said it first.

:/

LycanXIII

E1E9O9L.png

Guessing Fuse, I think it's too early for them to complete The Last of Us, write up a review, and have Steve voice it - but I could be wrong.

Also, he was talking about a fake Toonami Facebook account asking people to click ad-links, lol.

:/

I don't know, Fuse seems kind of out there. Has there been any hinting about it? I agree that it's too early for TLoU, but not sure what other games it could be.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I doubt it's Fuse.
They tend to look at games that are actually good or can be considered good. Everything about Fuse is mediocre or bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom